Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
And I didnt have him in my celebrity death pool.
Sunaofbytch....

GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
[Linked Image from i.chzbgr.com]

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I need ta google old frail deathbed celebrities and update my 5 picks ending june 15th......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wow, the corona virus claims another victim. (that's what they will probably try to blame)

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I sat next to him in 1971 on a flight from LA to Chicago. A very interesting flight. He didn’t really say all that much. I did ask him, “You’re Little Richard ... Right?” And he said, “Yah ... I am.” I replied, “Cool”.... and that was about it. He had full face makeup and his hair was in his trademark pompadour ... with a ribbon and a bow!

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Foxnews said he was "the self proclaimed king and queen of rock and roll."

LMAO.

Ya think???

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
He gone!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As I remember it, Doctor John AKA Mac Rebeneck told a story about how he was witness to a bizarre incident where Little Richard tried to buy sex from a certain pretty-boy Rockabilly artist. This was after hours in the back room of a NO nightspot. Little Richard showed up with a bag of money and attempted to give it to this guy with the hope of buying a night with him. The object of Richard's affections was white and straight and took umbrage with the offer. Knives and at least one pistol came out. A scuffle ensued and things rapidly spiraled out of control. Soon there were 10 musicians from both sides of the argument bleeding out inside the venue as well as out on the street.

In the middle of all this, Doctor John tried to grab a revolver that was being pointed at him. He deflected the shot from his body, but managed to get the ring finger on his left hand blasted off. Doctor John was a bass player in these early days. He was unable to perform for months and was still bleeding on the strings when he tried to go back to work. A friend suggested that he take up piano. The rest is history.

Little Richard played a momentous part in our family. My #1 son and namesake is a high-functioning autistic. He's a nice guy. You'd all like him. Among other things, he's a rabid political conservative. Back when he was a pre-teen he discovered the artistry of Little Richard and became quite absorbed with this kind of music. He decided that he was gay and told everyone so. Nevermind the fact that he had at least one girlfriend through all of this. He was gay, and he wasn't going to hear otherwise. He even involved himself in gay-rights issues. This made for interesting conversation at the grandparents' house on Sundays. His mother thought it wonderful and encouraged it. Needless to say, she and I had been divorced for about a decade at this point. Her response to all this was to set him up with a gay psychologist to help him deal with his new life.

Several months into all this Junior and I had a long talk. I asked him a few basic questions. Among these were things like: Do you like the thought of a man kissing you? I was met with disgust and horror. Junior had failed to pick up on all the nuances of what "being gay" meant and he thought it was all about liking Little Richard's music. When I explained what "being gay" really meant and what gay people did with each other and why his girlfriends' parents were not too happy with the state of affairs and why he might be getting picked on at school, it all started to become clear to him. Shortly after this, my son decided he was not gay anymore. He's now 30 and studying Physics at the University of Cincinnati.

Oh, and before anyone asks: My #1 son has never shot a 270 Winchester or a 6.5 Creedmore. I just wanted to make that clear.

Last edited by shaman; 05/10/20.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Haha

That little Richard story sounds like an episode of Mike Judges “tales from the tour bus”.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I think Little Richard left cleat marks on both sides of the batters box.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests
IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
When I think of Little Richard, this movie scene come to mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MolzZqNhfY

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
😜

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

633 members (10gaugeman, 1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 71 invisible), 2,954 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,704
Posts18,456,820
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.