-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've looked up old flames on Facebook a few times, and some that I wanted but never had. I never tried to contact them here 42 years later.

I figure the memory, mellowed by time, is far better than the reality.

Last edited by Armednfree; 05/09/20.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Went to my 45th high school reunion-- the first one I had attended, and took my wife of twenty five years. I saw absolutely no need to attend the 50th.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
girl i took to high school prom. still friends, facebook friend.
girl in college, serious, she is friends now with wife on facebook.
girl i was married to for a couple of weeks. she is as crazy today as she was in 1969
girl i was engaged to for about four years. her brother and i are still friends. he told me i skated a bullet, he was right.
wife is fully aware and has no issues, we have been married over 40 years.
among other things we both know what it's like to be cheated on. isn't gonna happen.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Anyone ever had a hankering to reach out to an old high school girlfriend just to say "hi" and see how she's doing? Anything weird about that? TIA

Only if you are cool with your wife reaching out to an old lover, just to say hi.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Actually still in touch with a couple of old girlfriends. Perhaps better to say I never lost touch with them?

Talked to my very first, hand holding type girlfriend just the other day. Her niece just passed at 42 years old from complications of symptoms very similar to The Corona. Blood clot finished her apparently (sister's daughter. Sister who I am still friends with too) . Have been to her wedding, her daughter's wedding and other events in her life over the years, and vice versa. Her house had its 15 minutes of fame, perhaps some remember the firefighters saving a flag off a porch during one of many big Cali wildfires?

Texted another just the other day too, to see how she's dealing with The Corona. Being as how she's like me, over 60, and on her third liver I thought it might be nice to know how she's dealing with it.

Have run into others over the years too. One from high school was not my girlfriend, but that of a friend who went to a different HS. She ended up working for a Vet where my brother lived, asked him once if he knew me, and we then got together for a coffee. I found out then she had a crush on me, and wondered why I never asked her out. I told her I didn't go after other dude's women. She said I should have. And she was a hottie. Oh well, by that time we were both married or involved.

Been a few others too.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Anyone ever had a hankering to reach out to an old high school girlfriend just to say "hi" and see how she's doing? Anything weird about that? TIA

If you do, tell your girlfriend/wife/partner/OH first, and see what she has to say about it. If she is good with it, great, if not decide who is worth more to you. Be honest with her, and with yourself. She has the right to know, and I am sure if she was thinking the same thing, you would want to know, upfront so that the final decision is understood by both.

If you are thinking about the other one and feel the need/urge in any way for the other one, tell your girlfriend/wife/partner/OH. I and the women I know, don't want to be kept in a relationship by lies or omissions. Thinking, wanting, needing, desiring contact with another in any way, is fair when you are single, not when you are involved at any level in a relationship. If you are okay with it, tell her, and tell her if she wants to stay with you for the time being, then all is fair, and she is welcome to leave or start her "own" private life outside of your life together. Tit for Tat.

No judgement here, just saying it from the perspective of a woman. And one other thing, if you have children with your girlfriend/wife/partner/OH, remember what you are teaching them about love and respect and family and decency.

Hopefully, you will take into consideration any boyfriend/husband/partner/OH she may have in her life and how he is going to feel and be affected by it, and her children of course if she has any.

God Bless you and yours.

Miss Lynn

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
High school wasn't the best time of my life, each stage that followed was an improvement, or at worst not a step back. I'm sorry if your life hasn't been as positive.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Didn't care for about all of the fuggers when I was there. 35 years later I still dont miss them and could probably only name an handful. I moved on and away from high school and like to think I have been much more successful than most.

At one with the gun.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Miss Lynn,

You post made words into a beautiful thing. Thanks.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BadHabit
Didn't care for about all of the fuggers when I was there. 35 years later I still dont miss them and could probably only name an handful. I moved on and away from high school and like to think I have been much more successful than most.

How are you "much more successful than most" of your schoolmates?

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SuperCub

Well, he prob’ly has AC for starters.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Just contacted mine last night after dinner... Nothing new.
Been married to her 26 years.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Miss_Lynn

If you do, tell your girlfriend/wife/partner/OH first, and see what she has to say about it. If she is good with it, great, if not decide who is worth more to you. Be honest with her, and with yourself. She has the right to know, and I am sure if she was thinking the same thing, you would want to know, upfront so that the final decision is understood by both.

If you are thinking about the other one and feel the need/urge in any way for the other one, tell your girlfriend/wife/partner/OH. I and the women I know, don't want to be kept in a relationship by lies or omissions. Thinking, wanting, needing, desiring contact with another in any way, is fair when you are single, not when you are involved at any level in a relationship. If you are okay with it, tell her, and tell her if she wants to stay with you for the time being, then all is fair, and she is welcome to leave or start her "own" private life outside of your life together. Tit for Tat.

No judgement here, just saying it from the perspective of a woman. And one other thing, if you have children with your girlfriend/wife/partner/OH, remember what you are teaching them about love and respect and family and decency.

Hopefully, you will take into consideration any boyfriend/husband/partner/OH she may have in her life and how he is going to feel and be affected by it, and her children of course if she has any.

God Bless you and yours.

Miss Lynn

Miss Lynn, Well said but I would add that this happens just as much with women contacting old flames as men. Maybe even more. At least that has been my observation.

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by SuperCub

Well, he prob’ly has AC for starters.

and no wheels on his house

My diploma is a DD214
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
My brother's marriage broke up for many reasons, including the fact that his wife is as crazy as an outhouse rat, but one big factor was her continuing relationship with an old friend from high school. Here's the really weird part- - - -the guy is q ueer as a $3.00 bill! Over 30-something years before they finally split the sheets, he actually lived in their home on several occasions. Now that they're divorced, the two good buddies have been sharing a house for the past four years! How's that for a strange situation?
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
As a general rule, it's no good to go back in time.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Can't believe the number of you guys that have lost track of your sisters. 🙄🙄

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by travelingman1

God Bless you and yours.

Miss Lynn

Miss Lynn, Well said but I would add that this happens just as much with women contacting old flames as men. Maybe even more. At least that has been my observation.

Brings to mind a sticky situation a local married woman got herself into some years ago back before the internet. Married for several years with early teen son and daughter, got a wild hair obsession over her high-school sweetheart, 'her first and only true love', that she hadn't seen or heard from in ages. Up and left her husband and kids to seek him out.

It took her a while but she finally found him though not where she expected -- his tombstone in a cemetery. Tried to go back to her husband and kids but while she was gone several people that knew her well and felt sorry for the family had came forward and filled the husband in on some secret extramarital trysts she had had with other men while still living with him.

Husband told her tough luck, hit the road as he was done with her.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by travelingman1

God Bless you and yours.

Miss Lynn

I agree, and I know many women that have walked down that same road, and for the life of me I can not think of one of them that found the bigger, the better, the highly touted greener grass on the other side of the fence. They did however leave a trail of heartache and broken families that can never be mended.

Miss Lynn

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Anybody that contacts old flames is a fugkin' loser.

Anybody that has a "friend" that is of the opposite sex is either full of schit, or a f a g g o t.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

628 members (160user, 10Glocks, 1234, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 62 invisible), 1,968 guests, and 1,068 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,189
Posts18,465,772
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.