Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,783 of 1,842 1 2 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1841 1842
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Berettaman
Looking forward to seeing the boat Jeff. Move to the river you say Ryan?

I was recently honored with being a guest on Randy Newberg's podcast to talk about our Youth Outdoor Activity Day. If you would like to listen to it, the podcast has just posted. It is podcast #129 and can be listened to via Sticher here:

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/hunt-t ... nservation

or here:
http://hunttalk.libsyn.com/podcast

or you can go to your podcast app on your Apple iphone or iPad.

Let me know what you think!

A Newberg podcast featuring your self-fellatio.

Please excuse me while I sprint to the link.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by BuschPilot
Nice boat, thinking of selling my 20ft starcraft pro elite as well.

Replacing it or getting out of boats for a while?

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So I tried to post the pictures, with no luck. Just can't figure out who to get them into the image gallery correctly.,

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
'Got the boat about ready to go. Will be fishing tomorrow depending on the weather. I've got everything working except the livewell pump, and I think that's a simple wire issue. I tried to get some pictures into this site, and can't get them to go. I know some of you guys have accepted photos via email and posted them for some of our members. Could anyone help me with this?

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, I haven't put a fish in the new boat yet. It appears the panfish just haven't moved shallow yet on my lake across the street from the house. Warmer temps this weekend, and I found a shallow muddy bay, sot that's where I'll be heading. Supposed to be windy today, so may not venture out. Really want to get some fish in the freezer.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
we've gone on a couple boat rides as well looking for fish and watering our plugs. I'll post pics when we actually catch something lol

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I finally found some warmer water. The main lake's been reading 53.3 the last few days. I wiggled my way with a push pole back into a shallow bay and found 60 degree water. Crappies feeding back there, and sunnies, but man, were they biting light. Ended up with enough over two day for a meal and three meals worth in the freezer.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Took a little recon ride over to the Whitewater Lakes chain yesterday. One of my long thought of goals to fish was the Whitewater lakes. Going to put the boat in over there probably Tuesday or Wednesday to get my self acquainted with the lake, and find the spot I plan to fish for Saturday morning. I'll be a one man band on Saturday. Due the the Virus, Cathy's brother will be staying home. Too bad-I was really looking forward to the Opener with him. The intrigue of fishing new water always gets me pumped up. Good luck to all the Minnesota boys heading out Saturday for some walleye action.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Got out with the boy on Saturday afternoon. We got a few small pike and a bucket full of crappies, bluegill, and perch.

Fun little afternoon.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Happy Mother's day to the moms who frequent here!

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone
Got out with the boy on Saturday afternoon. We got a few small pike and a bucket full of crappies, bluegill, and perch.

Fun little afternoon.

our weather's been off and on lately, touch of snow this morning even. thursday looks good though to take the kids out for a "field trip" if all of their homework is done for the week. Hopefully I have the boat back from getting it's new cover.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
The weather was cold but it was clear until about 500. We wrapped it up and headed home at that point. We had a pail full anyway.

Next weekend I'll yank the boat out. Jack cleaned it on Saturday. We'll get the batteries in it this week. Get the oil changed in the lower unit and give it a rip this weekend.

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Drove to deer camp yesterday, 250 miles, and put out 4 cameras. We took some gear to stay overnight but decided to make it a one day trip. I was pleased we made it on one tank of fuel, diesel. Got 18.5 mpg. While in the area we checked a couple of camping/fishing spots. The N.F. campground had signs up saying it was closed and it was empty of campers but the boat launch had six rigs parked and we could see a few out on the lake. Another spot we checked is a little two camping spot on a small carry down lake. This spot must of had five or more tents on it and three or four vehicles. Technically this spot was also closed to camping until Monday. We also saw grouse and bear so all in all a great day.

Hope to be going back that way mid week to camp and fish.

We have had 3" of rain so far today.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Nice TJAY!

How did the deer sign look? I know there was a lot of snow up there.

We made it out to Mille Lacs yesterday for the a few hours. The rain actually stopped up there. We ended up with 24 walleyes and 1 smallie. Nothing was big except the bass. Biggest walleye was 23"

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Thought the deer sign was about normal. Trees were just starting to turn green and the undergrowth was still brown. Looks to be a late spring up there. Streams and swampy areas had plenty of water. Looking to head back up Weds. to try fishing for a few days.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
3 days running I've been taking kids fishing. Love every minute of it! even when they rag on me for not catching a single fish. I just tell em "I just rig the lines and drive the boat, I don't know how to catch the fish like you guys" that catching fish stuff, it's best left for the youngsters. My Son gave me the look this morning and a wink meaning *dad I know you're why we catch the fish* I just winked back and smiled. we're going back in the morning, I guess they can't get enough of my driving smile

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Great stuff Ryan !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Excellent Ryan!!

We'll be going out at some point this weekend. June and July are pretty much booked tight for fishing. Jack is on a fishing team for school. I have a 2 weeks off in June so they can pre-fish and 2 weeks off in July so they can as well. The State tournament will be in September. That's their goal....

Getting the kids to catch them is more fun anyway. They get pretty fired up and makes it all worth it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Shout out to the Minnesota boys. Can anyone tell me about a rifle range that's supposed to be in Pillsbury State Forest near Brainerd? I'm trying to find it to go do some shooting. Thanks guys.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Jeff - did you find the range in Pillsbury? Send me a PM if you need directions. Not a formal range, just an old gravel pit where they allow shooting.

Page 1,783 of 1,842 1 2 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

644 members (06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1936M71, 68 invisible), 3,280 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,590
Posts18,454,293
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.