Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Originally Posted by kingston
There’s a segment of the competitive rifle shooting community that believes ALPHA was behind public attacks on Peterson Brass.

I hear it at matches frequently.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/13059291/1

More hearsay, bullshit and rumors....
You're supposed to be better than this.

I'm not about to read that link again, are you trying to imply 'stick was working undercover on behalf of Alpha brass? otherwise whats the relevance of the link?

GMAFB.

I’m just reporting what I’ve heard said first hand. These were folks seeming to blame Alpha for what happen in that thread. I don’t know any of these people from here (24HCF). I know them in real life. They’re not campfire regulars or readers. The OP asked if Alpha was “trash” which reminded me of the anti-Alpha stuff I was hearing last Fall. I was surprised to hear it, as I’m intimately familiar with the thread on here. It seems an optic developed around that thread.

Again, my original post was somewhat poorly worded.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
BP-B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I'd expect typical campfire post :

I've heard it really sucks, BUT I've never used it... which is why it really sucks... and I don't need to try it to know that...

Myself... from some of the posts from folks that I trust as open and honest, I've never heard any of them bad mouth Alpha brass..
so therefore I wouldn't even question it, and would order some...

hey if Stumpy likes it, you just know its the latest greatest thing in the world... THIS WEEK...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

I volunteer to test all of your “inferior “ Alpha brass. Please ship to me rather than trouble yourselves.

“Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away”.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Posted by Brad.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Different people on the post have been posting about shooting in matches. I really like shooting in the regular NRA and CMP HP Rifle matches. Are any of you shooting in those? And it is funny that Stick won't ever shoot in competition if he is as good as he thinks he is.

Tyrone Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Nobody is shooting in them this year. frown

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not much for matches in Stick's area and if there were, there's summer fishing and firewood chores.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Nobody is shooting in them this year. frown

You are correct. I was mostly just seeing if you were HP or Tactical, or whatever. But matches are pretty dead right now.

Tyrone Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by VernAK
Not much for matches in Stick's area and if there were, there's summer fishing and firewood chores.
Stick is so rich he could hire someone and travel anywhere he wants. Right?

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Never heard of Alpha, will have to try some.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I'm using Alpha brass in 6 Dasher for bench rest.

I weigh sort and volume sort the cases, out of 100 pcs. I get two groups that vary from zero to 0.5 grains and 2-4 outliers that do not fit my criteria. Weights and volumes are closer than Lapua where following the same criteria would get 3 groups and 2-5 outliers (generally). The case neck thickness is very uniform, very little is turned off to make them perfect, same performance with Lapua but tend to take more off. The primer pockets have been staying tight after upwards of 10 reloads.

Alpha is very good brass for the attributes I have described.

For a person that just loads ammo (for a hunting situation or plinking) then Alpha will give better results (technically) than Lapua.

When one goes through case prep to BR standards then Alpha holds little advantage over Lapua.

In my area Alpha brass is ~$75 more per box of 100, but does come in a nice plastic case that usually costs 15-20 bucks.

IC B3

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
345 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 160user, 12344mag, 34 invisible), 2,177 guests, and 948 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,731
Posts18,400,859
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.