Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by TheKid
What kind of fish are those BamaRick?

We’re going to head back down to the point on the lake here after while and see if we can catch a few more catfish this evening and night.

Good luck tonight! Those are pompano. They migrate thru every spring. Awesome food fish and a blast to catch in the surf.

GB1

T
TheKid Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Been back out after them this weekend. Catfish bite was slow Friday night, no shad on the bank and the wind had turned out of the north with a little cool front that moved through. We managed to net a small drum and cut him up in lieu of shad. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Boy caught his first flathead, perfect eating size and they have a ton of meat in comparison to a blue of the same weight. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Another bite and takedown. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
And he reeled in a Saugeye or all things. Two bites, two of the best eating fish in our neck of the woods. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
The wind laid down the less than 10mph for Saturday so I got the boat ready and we drug plugs around all morning and evening on the humps and points in search of saugeye.
Fish on! [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Managed to boat 12 yesterday with 5 being keepers over the 14” minimum. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
My deckhand thinks he’s ready to graduate to Skipper. He did pretty good at trolling in a reasonably straight line. I let him make two half mile passes and he only got us in the sticks once so I guess he’s coming along. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
That little guy is something else. You got a real good un there... smile

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You got that boy hooked, for sure!

I hope he never loses the thrill of catching a good fish! smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
You got that boy hooked, for sure!

I hope he never loses the thrill of catching a good fish! smile

Fat chance of that happening! grin

IC B2

T
TheKid Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
When I was less than 2 I sat on a rock with Snoopy pole in hand and trout fished for 8 hours without a bite or a break as my parents tell the story. My dad and mom has me fishing from before I could walk and I’ve just never lost the passion. I about have to drag Mom and Dad our to get them to go for whatever reason. I hope that never happens to me or him, we’re having a ball in the meantime.

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Kid, very nice!!

Molon Labe
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Love the "redneck" rod holders!

T
TheKid Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Bob_H_in_NH

Love the "redneck" rod holders!

Had to do a little improvising. smile I have a set of holders to go into the oar locks but didn’t have the right bolts, going to get some out of the bolt bin at work today and we’ll be styling!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
grin

Your son reminds me, of me !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
That little guy is something else. You got a real good un there... smile

Yep good on dad for taking him out all the time too. Wish we had catfish over here I could get into that.

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by TheKid
Been back out after them this weekend. Catfish bite was slow Friday night, no shad on the bank and the wind had turned out of the north with a little cool front that moved through. We managed to net a small drum and cut him up in lieu of shad. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Boy caught his first flathead, perfect eating size and they have a ton of meat in comparison to a blue of the same weight. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Another bite and takedown. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
And he reeled in a Saugeye or all things. Two bites, two of the best eating fish in our neck of the woods. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
The wind laid down the less than 10mph for Saturday so I got the boat ready and we drug plugs around all morning and evening on the humps and points in search of saugeye.
Fish on! [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Managed to boat 12 yesterday with 5 being keepers over the 14” minimum. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
My deckhand thinks he’s ready to graduate to Skipper. He did pretty good at trolling in a reasonably straight line. I let him make two half mile passes and he only got us in the sticks once so I guess he’s coming along. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Great post!!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Great pics, Kid. Thanks for sharing.

That boy is hooked! lol.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
T
TheKid Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
We’ve been beating up on the Saugeye the last couple weeks. They are the best eating fish in this part of the world bar none, I don’t care what anyone says about perch, crappie, bass, catfish or anything else around here saugeye/walleye are the winner.

They’re kinda a rare treat for most folks around here as they’re rarely caught from the bank and you have to know the waters to successfully troll for them. I have a couple older fellows who have taken me under their tutelage since I have a reliable boat and motor and are showing us the ropes. Makes it nice to have some guidance.

We got the all around title yesterday evening with 1 each Walleye, Saugeye, sandbass, crappie, and a blue cat all caught on plugs while trolling.

Postimage is down so pics to follow

T
TheKid Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Even got my dad to come ride with us last night. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Great pictures -

Out of all things that I remember when I was a kid, I remember the times I was fishing with dad.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Brings a big smile and a lot of memories back...

If it ain't broke don't fix it!!!!!!!!!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

One hell of a thread!

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
T
TheKid Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Well we’ve been after them again, a few breaks in there for wheat harvest and helping my dad built an addition onto his barn but we’ve managed to slip out a time or two.

Still getting some Saugeye, not in great numbers but big enough fish to make the slot for keeping.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I will say that little Suzuki was one of the better investments I’ve made of late. No more pulling and cussing, no more mixing gas or looking for my 2stroke oil, just pull the rope and fish for hours. It’s quiet as a church mouse at trolling speed too.

Catching a few catfish but they should be on the beds spawning and not doing much biting here any time. We haven’t caught any big ones lately but after the spawn those big females will be hungry.

T
TheKid Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]o
Helluva mayfly hatch.
We caught this guy at the perch pond while we were catching bait one evening. Catch and release frogging. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (10gaugemag, 444Matt, 44automag, 35sambar, 13 invisible), 2,215 guests, and 680 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,667
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.