I see sarcasm is lost on this audience.

There is nothing made by man,
which cannot be broken by woman.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Savuti

I see sarcasm is lost on this audience.

Sometimes... and apologies to you. There is just enough "doofus" on the Fire that sometimes it's hard to separate the players from the fans.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Did a nice job...

From the time the guy started for him to the first shot was less than 2 seconds and the guy was going down about a second later. It didn't look like the first and maybe second shot connected but as soon as the first one impacted it started slowing him down...fast...do it in frame at a time and watch the guys face...that is pain...

When the guy came, the officer started backing up in a very controlled manner and didn't fire until he had a nice big target...6 shots in a little over a second....

Anyone from Montgomery County, MD? They use G17s or 22s? I caught a couple of empties frozen in the air but can't tell if they were .40s or 9mms...

Nice to have the gun in ones hand when the fight starts...that one from the holster would have been tough...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Just another suicide by cop, it appears. Good reason for another march.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O

Last edited by OttoG; 05/12/20.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I watched the last bit in slow motion a couple times. When the guy starts his charge at the cop, he is on the far side of the sidewalk. In two seconds he gets across the sidewalk and runs nearly to the end of a parking stall. How far is that, 30 feet? And he was a fairly big guy; he didn't look particularly fast.

It made me think about attacks that come with little or no advance warning. If that bad guy had been going after me, without warning. I can only hope that I would have perceived the threat and at least hand my hand on my gun by the time the guy got to me. I'd likely be dependent on my one-hand grappling skills against the knife for a second, maybe longer, depending on how I was doing. I like to practice shooting, but I never practice grappling. I think I should change that.

Life (death?) comes at you pretty fast.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Of course he missed with the first couple, he's shooting a Glock and if it's Merry-land, it probably has a one ton trigger (as opposed to the regular half ton standard on all Glocks smile )

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Waders
I watched the last bit in slow motion a couple times. When the guy starts his charge at the cop, he is on the far side of the sidewalk. In two seconds he gets across the sidewalk and runs nearly to the end of a parking stall. How far is that, 30 feet? And he was a fairly big guy; he didn't look particularly fast.

It made me think about attacks that come with little or no advance warning. If that bad guy had been going after me, without warning. I can only hope that I would have perceived the threat and at least hand my hand on my gun by the time the guy got to me. I'd likely be dependent on my one-hand grappling skills against the knife for a second, maybe longer, depending on how I was doing. I like to practice shooting, but I never practice grappling. I think I should change that.

It damn sure does.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
In all seriousness, that was a heartbeat away from disaster for that officer. Just imagine had be been closer...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Waders

Here ya go... ground grappling sucks.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=La56KNz9FFA

Last edited by MOGC; 05/12/20.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by SargeMO
As usual, split times don't mean schidt in a fight. What matters is the time it takes to get 2-3 good hits on or near the centerlne of the body.

Hey Sarge,

Wouldn't split times kinda be a factor in this?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I'm glad we have gotten this all sorted out now and everyone can go back to their normal lives. There for a while getting it sorted out seemed touch and go to me. After it has been critiqued, mulled over, watched many times, scrutinized, timed, and measurements taken it has been put to rest.
All i know is it couldnt have been a 9MM The Miraculose Farce because if it had been the bag guy would have been turned into a red mist with parts flying all over the neighborhood.
It would have taken a week to have cleaned up the mess a 9MM would have left.
We can now return to our normal lives since the clearing up of this video.
I havent been able to sleep since this video was posted. Now i will get some sleep tonight.
Thanks to all involved.

Last edited by glockdoofus; 05/12/20.

I AM THE GOOD FRIEND OF RENEGADE50.
HE MENTORS ME.
HE PUNISHES ME WHEN I AM WRONG.
HE CALLS ME OUT WHEN I AM LYING.
HE CARES GREATLY ABOUT ME.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by RJM
Did a nice job...

From the time the guy started for him to the first shot was less than 2 seconds and the guy was going down about a second later. It didn't look like the first and maybe second shot connected but as soon as the first one impacted it started slowing him down...fast...do it in frame at a time and watch the guys face...that is pain...

When the guy came, the officer started backing up in a very controlled manner and didn't fire until he had a nice big target...6 shots in a little over a second....

Anyone from Montgomery County, MD? They use G17s or 22s? I caught a couple of empties frozen in the air but can't tell if they were .40s or 9mms...

Nice to have the gun in ones hand when the fight starts...that one from the holster would have been tough...

Bob

Don't tell anybody, but I live in Montgomery Co. My neighbor and his son are both county police officers. About 15 years ago they were using G22's in 40. However, for some reason, I think he told me that they switched to Sig 9mm, but not sure. I just texted him to ask. He might be a sleep though. He works at night.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
Originally Posted by RJM
Did a nice job...

Bob

Don't tell anybody, but I live in Montgomery Co. My neighbor and his son are both county police officers. About 15 years ago they were using G22's in 40. However, for some reason, I think he told me that they switched to Sig 9mm, but not sure. I just texted him to ask. He might be a sleep though. He works at night.

He said they carry G17's and G19's in 9mm. He said they had too much trouble with the slides cracking on the 40's, so they switched to 9mm. I've never heard of a slide cracking. I'm going to ask him about that the next time I talk to him in person. He also said they use "special" bullets, the same as the FBI. Didn't specify though.

Last edited by StoneCutter; 05/13/20.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I was pretty sure that was a 9mm, very quick shot to shot recovery times.

JWP, as to shot placement, what my eyes saw, the first two likely missed, the first looked low and left and the 2nd left, look at the angle of the gun, and you seem to can tell a slight impact on the first shot. The 3rd hit, look at his face, the fourth on the upper right side of his chest, the 5th looked near the same area, perhaps in the neck/throat. All 3 I'd call center of mass.......and obviously sufficient, and statistically, he connected 60% of the 5 shots, so probably better than many situations....no doubt the guy was coming in a direct line.

SO what we can learn from this:

Having a gun in hand, proper 2 hand hold and stance was very critical
Fast repeat shots helped, one did not stop him the 2nd dropped him and he dropped the knife, the 5th shot was already in motion as the officer was going to not stop until the threat was over, and he was not sure when he was pulling that 4th shot the guy would stop or drop.

Could very well be a suicide, sad this ended this way, but the officer was completely justified. Yes, I counted about 9 paces or so, likely long, so 10 paces would have had the perp on the officer.....with a knife. Quickly indeed. 3 seconds max, and surely under, watch the clock.

On the comment about a heavy Glock trigger, I cannot see where the trigger slowed him down, or ruined the day, under stress, I am sure that trigger pull weight was never noticed one bit. Just my .02

Last edited by 65BR; 05/12/20.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
That was a good shoot but,a shame it had to end that way. There are no winners in an incident like that! I went to sniper school at Montgomery County PD. I was the first Swat guy from my Department to attend their sniper school. Based on my experience, two other of my team members went through their school. All three of us took top shot in our perspective sniper schools. They focused on the shooting fundamentals and not mastering the push up and a low time in the 1.5 mile run. Back then, 1997, they were an excellent Department. Large, well equipped and well trained. Today, they are still a very good department.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by cs2blue
That was a good shoot but,a shame it had to end that way. There are no winners in an incident like that! I went to sniper school at Montgomery County PD. I was the first Swat guy from my Department to attend their sniper school. Based on my experience, two other of my team members went through their school. All three of us took top shot in our perspective sniper schools. They focused on the shooting fundamentals and not mastering the push up and a low time in the 1.5 mile run. Back then, 1997, they were an excellent Department. Large, well equipped and well trained. Today, they are still a very good department.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
I don’t want to hear it from you. While you were gone I had to hold the line by myself. And I couldn’t. Nobody could have. The nonsense has gone up exponentially.

Bro!

It's not my fault I got put on a timeout.

That's what happens when you actually do your job as a government employee.

The slackers can't have that around.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
HEY!

Everybody listen up!

Split times have nothing to do with the amount of time it takes you to put three rounds in the A-zone!

Nothing further,

Internet guy

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by 65BR
I was pretty sure that was a 9mm, very quick shot to shot recovery times.

JWP, as to shot placement, what my eyes saw, the first two likely missed, the first looked low and left and the 2nd left, look at the angle of the gun, and you seem to can tell a slight impact on the first shot. The 3rd hit, look at his face, the fourth on the upper right side of his chest, the 5th looked near the same area, perhaps in the neck/throat. All 3 I'd call center of mass.......and obviously sufficient, and statistically, he connected 60% of the 5 shots, so probably better than many situations....no doubt the guy was coming in a direct line.

SO what we can learn from this:

Having a gun in hand, proper 2 hand hold and stance was very critical
Fast repeat shots helped, one did not stop him the 2nd dropped him and he dropped the knife, the 5th shot was already in motion as the officer was going to not stop until the threat was over, and he was not sure when he was pulling that 4th shot the guy would stop or drop.

Could very well be a suicide, sad this ended this way, but the officer was completely justified. Yes, I counted about 9 paces or so, likely long, so 10 paces would have had the perp on the officer.....with a knife. Quickly indeed. 3 seconds max, and surely under, watch the clock.

On the comment about a heavy Glock trigger, I cannot see where the trigger slowed him down, or ruined the day, under stress, I am sure that trigger pull weight was never noticed one bit. Just my .02

So no one know the shot placement. Pros dont always go down quickly with"center mass"". Also center mass doesn't tell one what the bullet hit, was it heart, lung (one or both) liver, spleen or nothing vital.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

612 members (10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 007FJ, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 16penny, 55 invisible), 2,369 guests, and 1,151 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,251
Posts18,466,956
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.