Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Heads up guys. I doubt you'll find this deal again anytime soon. Available in LA standard and magnum bolt face in both SS and CM. I'm sure these will go pretty quickly. I just ordered one of each in SS.

https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...QDumtMJAT6FiGy00f-QaP7sReKg#post-8526366

GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
nice!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wish they hadn't added the extractor cut.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
These might be a couple of dumb questions, but I've never had a bolt gun built before.

Prefit barrels will fit these? A guy just needs to buy a barrel, recoil lug, trigger, stock, and action screws, and a rifle can be assembled? Does the extra machine work that was done on these require any extra or special parts?

I've tried calling his shop a couple of times this morning to ask, haven't gotten anyone to answer yet.

Thanks.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just looked at the specs of those actions. the pre fit barrels for the Remington 700 will be a very loose fit on these actions, so the new barrel must be fit to the action.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by redleg733
These might be a couple of dumb questions, but I've never had a bolt gun built before.

Prefit barrels will fit these? A guy just needs to buy a barrel, recoil lug, trigger, stock, and action screws, and a rifle can be assembled? Does the extra machine work that was done on these require any extra or special parts?

I've tried calling his shop a couple of times this morning to ask, haven't gotten anyone to answer yet.

Thanks.
There are a few Gunbroker sellers with unmolested stainless left-handed actions for less than $100 more than these things. I'd consider one of them first.

Jackie Treehorn: Treats objects like women.

Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Montana uses Ruger actions.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by redleg733

Thanks.

> Barrel
> Barrel nut
> Recoil lug
> Stock
> Action Screws
> If BDL: BDL bottom metal, BDL mag box and follower
> If ADL: ADL mag box and follower (IIRC, ADL mag box is ~1/4" different height than BDL mag box)
> Firing pin and cocking piece
> Plunger style ejectors
> Trigger group and trigger pins
> Bolt stop and spring ???

If you are fitting the barrel yourself, will also need:
> Go and No Go gauges
> At minimum, barrel nut wrench. Preferably action wrench also.

I may have missed something. However, I beleive that is the full parts list...

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Thanks for the info guys!

I wouldn't be fitting the barrel myself, was just thinking about acquiring some parts to have a reputable smith assemble in the future.

Good deals on left handed stuff don't come around all that often, so was just curious if the "extras" on these actions made this a smoking good deal or not. I think for my plan of having a hunting rifle assembled, a factory action would have everything I need and be plenty fine.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Can't blow up the photos, are these set up for dual ejectors?

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Tejano
Can't blow up the photos, are these set up for dual ejectors?

Attached Images
Dual Ejectors.jpg (33.78 KB, 246 downloads)
Half-Assed Extractor.jpg (36.26 KB, 245 downloads)

Jackie Treehorn: Treats objects like women.

Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Montana uses Ruger actions.
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I picked mine up yesterday. Unpolished stainless action with a matte black bolt handle. The guy at LRI said he thought that the bolt handle had been parkerized. I had them spiral flute the bolt body for only $30 extra. All of the machine work looks great. I'm happy with it.

The critters have to win every time, I only have to win once. www.swanspointoutfitters.com
www.lazybar-t.com outfitters
65-43-22-5
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by sambo3006
I picked mine up yesterday. Unpolished stainless action with a matte black bolt handle. The guy at LRI said he thought that the bolt handle had been parkerized. I had them spiral flute the bolt body for only $30 extra. All of the machine work looks great. I'm happy with it.

I got mine yesterday too. I had them flute the bolt and skelotonize the bolt handle. I am pretty happy with mine as well. Now I need to decide what to build.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
For comparison sake, I bought a new stainless short action 700 with trigger for $333 on gunbrokers.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
For comparison sake, I bought a new stainless short action 700 with trigger for $333 on gunbrokers.

Recently? I only ask as the prices seemed to have climbed closer to $400 the last few months. I might be interested in one at $333.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Purchased it August 2019.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Originally Posted by Snowwolfe

Well I would have thrown away the trigger that came with a new action and had it tried up so the LRI action seemed line a steal to me. Plus the work was done at a top notch shop

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

248 members (1OntarioJim, 16penny, 160user, 22kHornet, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 24 invisible), 1,538 guests, and 934 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,177
Posts18,465,483
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.