Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Seems like in the beginning with the introduction of the 6.5 Creedmoor cartridge there were many whom had made the purchase thereof were somewhat 'chided' for doing so. However, for the individual that doesn't handload their ammo it's a very good cartridge as there is commercial ammo that is very accurate at a reasonable cost. I've got a buddy, Jeff Southern that shoots with me and yesterday Jeff proceeded to shoot these five shots into a fist sized five shot group from 900 yards. This was shooting the Berger 140 Hybrid Target bullet. This isn't the first time I might add as it occurs on a regular basis!

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]Untitled by .com/photos/61286670N08/]Sharps Man, on [bleep]

Even birds know not to land downwind!
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I love my 6.5 Creedmoor...its a HAMMER!!!

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

GOOD SHOOT'IN Rio7

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
https://www.[bleep].com/gp/61286670N08/9c60Nq

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I swore I would never own a creed but I am a big Tikka fan and had to try out the creed in a T3X lite. That was an awful idea because it has now become my favorite rifle hands down.

Last edited by Motown; 05/12/20.
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Seems like in the beginning with the introduction of the 6.5 Creedmoor cartridge there were many whom had made the purchase thereof were somewhat 'chided' for doing so. However, for the individual that doesn't handload their ammo it's a very good cartridge as there is commercial ammo that is very accurate at a reasonable cost. I've got a buddy, Jeff Southern that shoots with me and yesterday Jeff proceeded to shoot these five shots into a fist sized five shot group from 900 yards. This was shooting the Berger 140 Hybrid Target bullet. This isn't the first time I might add as it occurs on a regular basis!

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]Untitled by .com/photos/61286670N08/]Sharps Man, on [bleep]
.............................And your buddy's rifle is??..............

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze

It's a Six Five bro!

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Mighty fine shooting

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Motown
I swore I would never own a creed but I am a big Tikka fan and had to try out the creed in a T3X lite. That was an awful idea because it has now become my favorite rifle hands down.

I’m pretty much In the same boat.
Drank the creed cool aid and love it!

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I like the creed. It slices through the wind like a hot knife through butter.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

So does every 6.5 cartridge. That is not nearly the main reason why the Creed is fantastic....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by GregW

So does every 6.5 cartridge. That is not nearly the main reason why the Creed is fantastic....

You probably wear a t shirt that says as much.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

You probably wear a t shirt that says as much.

Ok Blackheart. I don't even own a Creedmore and never have.

You haters are hilariously sad and you are showing your age....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Higbean
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze

It's a Six Five bro!

A Jon Beanland on a Remington 700 action!

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y

Looks like Jeff knows his way around a rifle, nice shootin!

The supposed "Creedmoor fad" and emergence of the haters is an interesting phenomenon for those of us who were aware of the cartridge and using it for a while before it was popular. The cartridge had been around for quite a while and used with great success, but a lot of people never heard of it because it didn't really hit the mainstream until it started getting gun magazine articles written about it. Then all of a sudden this cartridge we'd been using was "new", then supposedly a "fad", and then some guys started hating on it because of it's popularity. Meanwhile those of us who'd been using it already are looking around wondering "what's going on here?". Seems like a lot of unnecessary hoopla stemming mostly from the barely-informed masses who get all their info from gun magazines.

Last edited by Yondering; 05/13/20.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
It’s easy on your shoulder for sure!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

That clown meant to say "it slices through paper like a hot knife through butter"

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Another Jon Beanland:

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]6547 by .com/photos/61286670N08/]Sharps Man, on [bleep]

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have two with Criterion barrels. They both shoot anything that I want to put through them. Those that hate them, don't know them. It is a good, mild-shooting/recoiling, easy loading cartridge that performs extremely well on range, or on deer and antelope. I'll keep mine.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Can't argue with success. A caribou at 375 and a cow elk at 122 - so far

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

94 members (AdventureBound, 338reddog, 260Remguy, 44automag, 4xbear, 79S, 13 invisible), 1,634 guests, and 946 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,189
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.