Print Thread
Hop To
D
dla Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I was shocked, but they were available at my lgs. I'm curious what others are paying.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Yea everybody is buying the crap out of all reloading componets
Hey i enjoyed the 329 sw info

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Small Pistol Primers are nowhere to be seen here. Bruno’s Shooters got some in stock for $39.99 for CCI’s and a little less for Winchester.

Sportsman’s Warehouse has good pricing on primers but they only seem to have Large Rifle and Magnum pistol primers in stock and limit you to 1k.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Learned this the hard way. Call it "bought experience."

Rule for buying ammo, powder, and primers.

Like buying stocks--buy when prices are low (even if you don't need them) and buy when available. No need to hoard it all up at one time. Buy over time and your cost average will always be lower.

The shortages are pretty much predictable. If you hesitate, you loose.

I have CCI small pistol primers that I purchased last year for $135 (plus shipping) per a case of 5,000. Didn't really need them. But, you never pass up a sale on the essentials.

I deal with a couple of reparable shooting supply shops. They don't price gouge. If they have it, it is priced fairly. No small pistol primers within a 75 mile radius that I am aware of.

I would not hesitate to pay $39.99 per thousand at the present - You get caught with your pants down--you gotta pay.

D
dla Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by bigbuck77
Yea everybody is buying the crap out of all reloading componets
Hey i enjoyed the 329 sw info

Thank you.

I was just shocked at the price - I'm not a big fan of Remington primers.
I find large pistol primers available at normal prices, so I guess nobody is shooting 45acp anymore.
Interesting times.

IC B2

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I bought 5,000 ea. of large and small pistol primers after the last shortage disappeared. I'm goo for awhile.

Greg

NRA Life Member, 1990
Life Member, NYSRPA
Life Member, Saugerties Fish and Game Club
the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Second Amendment, U.S. Constitution (1791)
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I bought 1000 yesterday for 32.95. Four bucks more than what i bought them for in February.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I found CCI’s at Cabelas for $32.99 in both Large Pistol and Small Pistol. And Winchester Small Pistol for $34.99. They didn’t have but 7-8 boxes of each.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
we use to get a group together to buy maybe 250k at a time. long time ago, but i remember less than ten bucks per thousand.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Right now, Powder Valley has Federal Large Pistol, Large Magnum Pistol, Small Magnum Pistol and various rifle primers in stock. Federal Small Pistol and CCI, Winchester, and Remington primers all out of stock. I suggest if you need some and can buy in quantity, do so now. Fortunately, I am in good shape on components for now. I suspect after the current shortage of components is over, another shortage will hit when we get close to the November election. Better get what you will need in the foreseeable future as soon as you can at a reasonable price.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
IC B3

P
pru Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Originally Posted by GregK
I bought 5,000 ea. of large and small pistol primers after the last shortage disappeared. I'm goo for awhile.

I thought this too, and now I have watched my supplies dwindle as I have started shooting more. What I thought would be long term, has changed drastically. I can always rework for the 5K magnum SP primers I have if I must.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bought 1000 small pistol mag Federal primers today for $31. Store caries Winchester, CCI Federal and Remington. They had all sizes available ,but not in every brand. they had a great supply of powder, including H4350, H4895 , and Varget.

Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.
John 8:32

A lie doesn't become truth; wrong doesn't become right; evil doesn't become good, just because it's accepted by the majority...Rick Warren

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Picked up a box of CCI Small Pistol for $24 plus tax at Sportsman’s Warehouse. Had my two buddies pick up a couple other boxes for me as they limit you to 1k right now per day. Their primers are cheaper than anywhere else by a long shot. These primers are $10-15 more per box everywhere else.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just bought two bricks of CCI: LPP and SPP's. $32.00 each. Guy had plenty on hand along with a lot of powder.
A2400 is $24.50 a lb. Bought two of those also.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dla

I find large pistol primers available at normal prices, so I guess nobody is shooting 45acp anymore.
Interesting times.

45ACP is a crap shoot right now, in that some brands of brass have large primer pockets, whereas others have small. I've always loaded large primer pocket 45ACP brass because that's the way it was when I started. If I buy 45ACP brass I always get the large primer pocket stuff. Same thing if I buy 45ACP ammo that I know I'll end up saving the brass. Unfortunately the large/small primer thing adds a step in sorting range brass. Used to be I could sift it in my case sorter and be done with it unless I wanted to take the time to sort by headstamp. Now, I have to sort it just to cull the small primer stuff.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
93 members (257robertsimp, 99Ozarks, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 16 invisible), 1,681 guests, and 649 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,727
Posts18,400,741
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.