Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by deflave

I don't know anybody that wouldn't go to a NHL game tomorrow, if they were allowed to.

...and the majority of America said, "What's the NHL?"...............

I wish.

Tickets would be cheaper.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I don't know, people are pretty brainwashed and I think the stands would stay fairly empty for a good long while.

24/7 msm propaganda is a powerful tool.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by poboy
The China Plague pause made several of the old Austin restaurants decide to hang it up.
Most were on the verge anyway because of taxes and real estate prices
I'm pretty sure the iconic Threadgill's Restaurant on N. Lamar will be replaced
by 300-400 apartments.

I know of one business that shutdown for good, it was a barber shop, he was older and just tossed in the towel and retired.
I'm sure there are others but in any given month of any year, how many businesses go tits up anyway?

We can't let the fear mongers spin typical claimant business data into CV-19 related scares just to keep those protesting these silly closures and limitations at bay.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by JeffA

Before the lockdown, the average American couldn't save $400 for an emergency. Now there are 33,000,000 kicked out of work. Mortgage payments will fail. Loans will not be repaid. Banks will fail unless the feds bail them out. If they do bail them out, the fed debt will just slow growth for a decade or more.

Do you personally know of anyone that has currently fallen behind with their mortgage payments?

No but I know of some who have not paid their rent.

If this is not a problem, why are the dems talking about laws preventing evictions of those who do not pay mortgages or rents? Such laws will just make the landlords go broke.

That's because the demi's all ways think the man with the "money" should allways take it in the ass for those who don't have money. That simple

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I had 3 calls yesterday from people wanting to book a trip THIS summer. It’s mid May and calls usually end early April.

Folks ain’t worried.

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Commercial property owners can name their price in Austin.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
I’m reading Barry’s question as “when are people going to FEEL what has been done?” And I think that it’ll be 3, 6, 9, even 18 months before some of the effects are detected.

Inflation from all the currency tossed into the economy will be a while to feel; maybe more than 18 months but it’ll hit HARD. Wages will stagnate as the workers left jobless by businesses closed during this thing seek employment; that’ll be seen pretty quickly. Commercial real estate will be way down which will effect banks ability to lend. Economic numbers will be way down due to this enforced vacation and the fact that something as huge as this economy won’t start up by govt edict like it shut down; supply chain issues will dog us for at least 6-9 months.

All of this together will be felt for at least a decade.

When you think about the math behind compound interest we’ll really never recover from this. We had the strongest economy we’ve had in decades and the Leftists in politics & media stopped it for the flu. Period. Damn them.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Gov't has no money. They git it thru taxes.
When businesses do not reopen, ever, folks won't be working, therefore not paying taxes.
How much of that can we stand without a srvere recession, or a depression?

This is far from over.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R

Before the lockdown, the average American couldn't save $400 for an emergency. Now there are 33,000,000 kicked out of work. Mortgage payments will fail. Loans will not be repaid. Banks will fail unless the feds bail them out. If they do bail them out, the fed debt will just slow growth for a decade or more.

Do you personally know of anyone that has currently fallen behind with their mortgage payments?

Yes, actually I do.
Multiple folk.

Let's look down the road say 3 months when many of these 'benefits' start drying up and we're still sitting at or near 10% unemployment[due to many restaurants & other small businesses not reopening] and having a pulse doesn't get one a job.
I hope & pray that I'm wrong but realistically ........

FJB & FJT
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by TBREW401
When businesses do not reopen, ever, folks won't be working, therefore not paying taxes.

This is far from over.

We made it through the Obama years. A lot of companies went under, but the voids were quickly filled. If it wasn't for the Kung Flu shutdown, tax revenue would be through the roof right now.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
IC B3

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
The China Plague pause made several of the old Austin restaurants decide to hang it up.
by 300-400 apartments.

Yeah Mike. All the older restaurants are gone. And the apts you mentioned seem to be the norm.

It was for the best, when we go into town to see heart doc you cannot get into a eatery for lunch unless you get there before 11.

As for the crash. Who knows??? We will just have to see what the future holds for our "Brave New World".

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
by 300-400 apartments.

Wife and I are friends with a couple who run a local pub. They haven't had their doors open for business now for 2 months.

They can't get a day off due to people ordering catered lunches for the fire and police depts, the entire hospital staff, or occasionally the E.R. staff and the C19 test response team.

Local industries are ordering lunch delivered for their entire work force.

Regular customers and "anonymous" donors are buying gift cards from the pub and either throwing them away, or taping them to a railing on the river walk at a city park downtown.

A couple of the waitresses at the pub are a bit pissed that they can't be laid off and draw unemployment. They'd make as much at home with the added unemployment benefit, and their kids are home from school. They stay busy at work though making and delivering catered meals.

No real danger of any of the better eating places locally shutting down for good.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lots of weird schit. Low wage unemployed getting a CV19 bonus on weekly payments certainly seems to set the stage for a minimum living wage kinda thing.

I don’t see the math with a business being able to open at 50% capacity. That’s probably less than 50% revenue. Sure, it’s probably easily done with 50% of the labor. But all the other expenses stay the same.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I dearly hope, and pray the worst is over. Markets are bad for farmers.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Things will be tough for some folks for a while.....but we are gonna shake this off.

If we get a going pretty dang quick that is!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 16bore

I don’t see the math with a business being able to open at 50% capacity. That’s probably less than 50% revenue. Sure, it’s probably easily done with 50% of the labor. But all the other expenses stay the same.

I don't either...

A steak house owner I know said she isn't going to reopen until they can operate at full capacity. It would cost her staff money to open back up at 50%.

Is it just me or does it seem like they are hitting the restaurants crazy hard with the restrictions? Across the border in WA they are asking that restaurants take names, phone, and email info from patrons. Holy chit!

Last edited by Lonny; 05/14/20.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Lonny
Originally Posted by 16bore

I don't either...

A steak house owner I know said she isn't going to reopen until they can operate at full capacity. It would cost her staff money to open back up at 50%.

Is it just me or does it seem like they are hitting the restaurants crazy hard with the restrictions? Across the border in WA they are asking that restaurants take names, phone, and email info from patrons. Holy chit!

Would never eat out again if that happened here.

FJB & FJT
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Something is out of kilter when the better cuts of meat are just a bit higher than ground beef. It is the lack of sales to the better dinning places.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

Most of those people are now making more on unemployment than when they were working. If there's one thing I've learned on this site in the 10 years I've been here it's that the predictions of the crazy old geezers on here are very seldom right. This will be no different.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by TBREW401

This is far from over.

Exactly. The govt has no money, except for what they take from successful people.

NRA Patron
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (11point, 2500HD, 257 roberts, 160user, 10ring1, 219 Wasp, 71 invisible), 2,965 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,335
Posts18,468,659
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.