Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
trying to do a gun deal with a guy down that way doesn;t want to ship worried about the rules etc, I am looking for some help to get it to me. Any ideas? thanks

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have him take it to an FFL to ship it, or screen shot the law from the atfs webpage to inform him that it is perfectly legal.

guns to me are like legal crack
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Might be wrong, but either he doesn't want to sell very bad or possible scam. Raises a red flag for me but hope it isn't. As 303 said, FFL will calm his worries. Offer to pay on his FFL if needed. Good luck

USE ENOUGH GUN (Ruark) and YOU CAN'T EVER HAVE TOO MANY (me)
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
might be more he just doesn't want to mess with shipping. Need a contact in Phenonix

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Phoenix

IC B2

T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
yea i can't spell sorry, been up all right trying to get a few things done

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
If he doesn't want to ship maybe he shouldn't be selling on the interweb.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by markopolo50
Might be wrong, but either he doesn't want to sell very bad or possible scam. Raises a red flag for me but hope it isn't. As 303 said, FFL will calm his worries. Offer to pay on his FFL if needed. Good luck

Or, as likely, he is selling on Armslist trying to get a local sale and he is concerned the long distance buyer (OP) may be a scammer. Have an FFL local to him deal with your own FFL. That should accomplish giving him whatever peace of mind he needs.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Is it one of a kind? Sounds a little fishy to me, I'd buy elsewhere Not worth risking your money or creating legal problem for you yourself. I don't know about AZ laws or laws where you live, but you're not talking a Face to Face transaction. "Worried about rules" should be a red flag!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
BTDT,

Not unusual.. Some folks are deathly afraid of the ATF and breaking the rules. And maybe they should be. The MSM has them shaking in their boots. They don't know where to start. Often the local PO has told them a line of BS. I've gone as far as shopping for a "local to him", FFL. Doing this, you may also be able to have the FFL act as your escrow agent, protecting you. Send the FFL your MO, made out to the seller, then all the seller has to do is drop off the firearm and pick up his MO. Obviously, it may cost you some $, but it may be worth it. Some pawn shops seem to be open to this. They get foot traffic out of the deal and can make a few bucks. I'm mostly retired, so I have the time to put into it, whereas the seller may be very busy.

Perry
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by spud06
BTDT,

....have the FFL act as your escrow agent, protecting you. Send the FFL your MO, made out to the seller, then all the seller has to do is drop off the firearm and pick up his MO. Obviously, it may cost you some $...

What?!? FFL's don't work for free? Shocking...

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Switch
Is it one of a kind? Sounds a little fishy to me, I'd buy elsewhere Not worth risking your money or creating legal problem for you yourself. I don't know about AZ laws or laws where you live, but you're not talking a Face to Face transaction. "Worried about rules" should be a red flag!

Agreed. You don't have to worry about the rules if you obey them. Transfers through an FFL are simple, legal, and they leave a paper trail. They're also more expensive but that's life.

I think this seller wants wants a face-to-face deal in AZ to avoid paying shipping, transfer fees, and sales tax. That makes a certain amount of sense. Where I live, shipping is about $30, transfers are about $50 on each end (shipper/receiver), and sales tax is about $50, so a $500 firearm ends up costing $680. Either the buyer pays more, the seller gets less, or they split the costs.

I'd walk away.

Okie John

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I’m in the Phoenix area. My FFL I use charges $20 to do a transfer. I don’t know if it’s the same $20 to do a transfer the other way. I can check with him if you’re want.

I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
If the OP is consistently mis-spelling 'Phoenix',,,I think thats' the problem,,,,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_%28mythology%29

Last edited by Illurian00; 05/14/20.
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Phoenix area here as well. OP, if you want, message me some details and I might be able to help depending on the situation.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
If you want it badly enough.
Depending on what it is and the "just gotta have it factor".
You pay the ffl and shipping on both sides.
Get on the nationwide ffl site.
Do the fugging work for him, cooridinate schitt.
If dude aint willing to have his fugging hand held and the skids greased and payed for him.

Move the fugg on from it.

Or contact these guys offering you help in Az.

Last edited by renegade50; 05/15/20.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I’m across town from him. Send me some details on what it is, what he wants as so forth. I could do it but only with your money. You send me the money I buy it and send it to you. I have good cred here and tons of it on predatortalk.com I am a moderator there under the name youngdon.

Don

"We don't rent pigs"
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by WeimGuy
I’m across town from him. Send me some details on what it is, what he wants as so forth. I could do it but only with your money. You send me the money I buy it and send it to you. I have good cred here and tons of it on predatortalk.com I am a moderator there under the name youngdon.

Don

Wouldn't that be a "strawman" purchase since you are not purchasing it for yourself? Be careful - there was an uncle and nephew (if I recall correctly) that got some jail time and a big fine for doing something similar a few years ago.

Just a caution for you.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

645 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1234, 60 invisible), 2,941 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,487
Posts18,452,019
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.