24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I was just watching Gunsmoke And a commercial can on about the Hartford. The Hartford symbol is an elk. They referred to it as a buck.

I know I’m picking , but!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Supposed to be a red deer, stag

A ‘Hart’

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Their insurance sucks. Years ago we had vehicle insurance with The Hartford.
My son was sitting in a line of traffic at a stop light. He was struck in the rear by an uninsured driver that was traveling an estimated 45 mph. The impact drove my son's truck into the vehicle sitting in front of him at the light. Highway Patrol actually witnessed the wreck and worked the scene. Days later The Hartford insurance guy came and looked over my son's truck. The insurance adjuster commented on how cute the girl was that was in the car in front of my son. The adjuster had just came from looking over her vehicle too. It was an off the cuff odd comment in the conversation. The end result was that insurance adjuster assigned 33% of the accident to my son and cancelled our insurance. I read the report and spoke to the troopers that witnessed the accident. My son had no blame in this accident. I had a very heated conversation with The Hartford about it but the adjuster wouldn't budge so that was that and good riddance. Azzhole...

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Whelenman
I was just watching Gunsmoke And a commercial can on about the Hartford. The Hartford symbol is an elk. They referred to it as a buck.

it is not and Elk it is a Stag

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Well I have been with the Hartford for many years and can't say anything bad about them.

I am sure that there is circumstantial evidence that supported their case. Because as you are aware you can sue an insurance company. You state your son's truck struck the car in front of him. If he was at a dead stop there would be skid marks from where he was at a stop to the point in which he struck the car in front of him. The length of those skid marks would clearly indicate whether or not he had the proper distance between him and the car in front of him. You are liable for not having proper distance!

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Well I have been with the Hartford for many years and can't say anything bad about them.

I am sure that there is circumstantial evidence that supported their case. Because as you are aware you can sue an insurance company. You state your son's truck struck the car in front of him. If he was at a dead stop there would be skid marks from where he was at a stop to the point in which he struck the car in front of him. The length of those skid marks would clearly indicate whether or not he had the proper distance between him and the car in front of him. You are liable for not having proper distance!

And what is the proper distance for a 1/2 ton truck to be from another vehicle when sitting at a stop light in traffic with your foot on the brake waiting for the light to turn when a Jeep Cherokee rearends the truck at 45 mph?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Well if you remember from driving school it is a car length. Of course nobody does that these days so here in lays the problem. I get you are mad at the Hartford but if you had a case why didn't you take it to court?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I think my friends son told me that they teach able to see the rear tires on the pavement now. Which is probably close to a car length. Not my arena of expertise but I know that with every insurance company it is very easy to find those disenfranchised with any and all of them. I also know a few different people that had house fires and by far the Hartford was the timeliest on payout. Which if you know anyone that has lost their house is pretty meaningful. Again I have no complaints with the Hartford.

Last edited by MontanaCreekHunter; 05/14/20.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Whelenman

it is not and Elk it is a Stag

Elk, red deer, stag, it damn sure isn’t a buck!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
My dad has the Hartford. When Katrina hit, they didn't even ask questions about any bill he submitted. All they did was write checks. He had damage from trees falling not flood. His house is not below sea level.

Best insurance company going if you ask him.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Regardless.....it may be a Red stag....but they dont call em bucks down under either.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MOGC
My son was sitting in a line of traffic at a stop light. He was struck in the rear by an uninsured driver that was traveling an estimated 45 mph. The impact drove my son's truck into the vehicle sitting in front of him at the light. Highway Patrol actually witnessed the wreck and worked the scene. Days later The Hartford insurance guy came and looked over my son's truck. The insurance adjuster commented on how cute the girl was that was in the car in front of my son. The adjuster had just came from looking over her vehicle too. It was an off the cuff odd comment in the conversation. The end result was that insurance adjuster assigned 33% of the accident to my son and cancelled our insurance. I read the report and spoke to the troopers that witnessed the accident. My son had no blame in this accident. I had a very heated conversation with The Hartford about it but the adjuster wouldn't budge so that was that and good riddance. Azzhole...

I had a similar situation with Amica insurance. I was in a rental vehicle and some jackass here in EP just stopped in the middle of the street, as they're wont to do here in this stinkin' town. He was just sitting there in his truck, talking on his phone, without a care in the world. I waited a minute, honked, waited another minute, honked again at the basterd, but he wouldn't move. Then I laid on the horn and the jackass still wouldn't move. When I attempted to drive around him he turned into me, ripped of the front bumper and crushed the front left quarter panel of my rental vehicle. The was a complete azzhole since he clearly knew I was there. I spoke to the adjuster and a manager at Amica and they both readily agreed that I was not at fault. Weeks later, I found that then then changed their tune and ruled that I was at fault! I made no progress with Amica - I even spoke to the mgr that had previously agreed that I was not at fault. Amica lost me as a customer that day and I immediately switched to USAA.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Are they still in business? I haven’t seen their adds in years.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well if you remember from driving school it is a car length. Of course nobody does that these days so here in lays the problem. I get you are mad at the Hartford but if you had a case why didn't you take it to court?

The "rule" is a car length for every 10 mph between moving vehicles traveling on the roadway. Moving vehicles traveling on the roadway. My son was staionary, the car in front of him was stationary. I guess if your crystal ball is working and you knew you were about to be rear ended you could try hanging back 5 car lengths at the stop light. But then you are stopped way back in the roadway, see how that works out for you. And yes, it's good to be able to see the tires of the vehicle in front of you on the pavement. That gives you room to maneuver in an emergency. But if you are sitting stationary and get rear ended by another vehicle traveling 45 mph the impact will drive you forward 40' - 50' or more. So that little distance you left between you and the car in front is meaningless. Stupid argument.

The Hartford paid all expenses to fix the truck, less the deductible. All good there. I made a visit to the uninsured drivers house and had a discussion with him about his responsibility in the accident and over the course of 30 days he paid my deductible directly to me. That worked out. But by assigning 1/3 of the responsibility to my son, who clearly had no control over the event, his insurance rates went up. That stayed on his record for three years. So for three years he paid for something that wasn't his fault. And to add insult to injury The Hartford cancelled us. It was just a bunch of ridiculous nonsense.

Last edited by MOGC; 05/14/20.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Here's my take on insurance companies for many years now. Don't get mad. Sue.

Well, get mad, too. smile

Find a great atty that will work for a piece of the action. The ones that tell you how great they are and want a fee up front, walk.. and feel free to tell them on the way out that if they were as great as they say they are, they'd work on contingency.

BTW- I've sued property insurance carriers 21 times.. and won 20 times.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

The "rule" is a car length for every 10 mph between moving vehicles traveling on the roadway. Moving vehicles traveling on the roadway. My son was staionary, the car in front of him was stationary. I guess if your crystal ball is working and you knew you were about to be rear ended you could try hanging back 5 car lengths at the stop light. But then you are stopped way back in the roadway, see how that works out for you. And yes, it's good to be able to see the tires of the vehicle in front of you on the pavement. That gives you room to maneuver in an emergency. But if you are sitting stationary and get rear ended by another vehicle traveling 45 mph the impact will drive you forward 40' - 50' or more. So that little distance you left between you and the car in front is meaningless. Stupid argument.

The Hartford paid all expenses to fix the truck, less the deductible. All good there. I made a visit to the uninsured drivers house and had a discussion with him about his responsibility in the accident and over the course of 30 days he paid my deductible directly to me. That worked out. But by assigning 1/3 of the responsibility to my son, who clearly had no control over the event, his insurance rates went up. That stayed on his record for three years. So for three years he paid for something that wasn't his fault. And to add insult to injury The Hartford cancelled us. It was just a bunch of ridiculous nonsense.

I still don't understand why you did not sue! I have to believe what you are telling me, so believing that makes it a clear case any halfway decent lawyer would win.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Something to remember about Insurance companies they are in the business of collecting and investing money, NOT PAYING OUT MONEY!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
748 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 87 invisible), 2,789 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,702
Posts18,400,027
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.