Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
MM879 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Why is Florida so much more stable than Michigan/Wisconsin? Florida is walking circles around the nation on the COVID-19 crisis.
I've had my ideas, but would love to hear from masses.

BP-B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
His best needs to get a whole lot better in my opinion.

This schit is beyond stupid.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The “D” is keeping his mitts out of the wood chipper mostly. Nothing to see here.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

M
MM879 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by deflave

You might have it here. Let me dig a little deeper. It looks like Florida is trying to solve a problem. Michigan/Wisconsin are trying to make the problem worse. It's just that simple. Look at the COVID-19 diagnosis process in Michigan. If you are hospitalized it is COVID. The Michigan/Wisconsin want the big numbers.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Tell us more, since you are there.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

My take: I had high hopes when DeSantis was elected, and he exceeded all my expectations.
Dumped Common Core, removed Sheriff "Parkland" Israel, made a bunch of conservative appointments etc.

Then the virus hit and, just like Trump, he's stuck tween a rock and a hard place. Heads they win, tails you lose.
I think he's doing a reasonably good job of threading the needle, but I could be wrong.

So Flave, seriously, what could Desantis be doing that he's not doing yet?

There is nothing made by man,
which cannot be broken by woman.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I ask as an honest question. My FIL lives in Orlando, and we are there often. My wife was born and raised there, so we stay connected to Florida.

I expected COVID 19 to take a heavy toll in Florida, given the combination of aging snowbirds from NY, Ontario, and points north, along with the basic situation that parts of Florida are populated by retirees full time, and the normal NY to Miami/Dade/Broward connection. It hasn't happened.

I'm shocked The Villages hasn't been wiped out. Maybe STDs protected them? Ocala hasn't been a hot spot.

Time to open the beaches and open parts of the state, if not all of it to tourism. No reason the Panhandle can't open. Louisianna has calmed down. Largely tourists from Ga and AL hit the panhandle anyway. Numbers have gone down since re-opening here, in spite of dire predictions to the contrary.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
M
MM879 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
It might be the Florida retires would string Desantis up if he tried any of the BS the Northern dims are doing. One of the few bright lights in Michigan is the Owosso barber that opened up despite the COVID-19 order. Could this be an age decision process?

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I live in Florida and governor DeSantis has done a good job. However, at this point, one must look at the numbers and realize you have to open the economy back up again.

The death rate does not justify collapsing and entire state’s economy. Most people I speak with feel the same way and believe at this point the numbers are skewed to try and make President Trump look bad.

Things are opening back now and this is great news!

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
DeSantis is doing a decent job, IMO. But, he needs to get more aggressive opening up the economy. If you compare his body of work with a larger population, to that of the dumbschit in NY, which a lot of people want to do, he's been far more successful in keeping corona virus deaths down.

He's been criticized for the slow payout of unemployment benefits. But, he inherited a system designed by his predecessor, Rick Scott (now Senator Rick Scott after ousting 20 year entrenched D- for douchebag Bill Nelson), to only have people on unemployment for a short time, 12 weeks. That system also makes it difficult to initiate, extend or restart benefits.

I'll take his +'s over his -'s.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

The hot spots in FL are all the usual suspects; Miami-Dade, Broward, and PB counties.
You know, the places that can't run an election to save their lives.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by MM879
. One of the few bright lights in Michigan is the Owosso barber that opened up despite the COVID-19 order.

Yeah, and the state just yanked his barber license.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by hatari
Time to open the beaches and open parts of the state, if not all of it to tourism. No reason the Panhandle can't open. Louisianna has calmed down. Largely tourists from Ga and AL hit the panhandle anyway. Numbers have gone down since re-opening here, in spite of dire predictions to the contrary.

The panhandle is open. I just left Pensacola and the beaches are packed, you have a hard time finding a parking space. Restaurants are open, people are out boating. Jet ski rental places are doing a brisk business.

The only real difference from normal is the Ft Pickens National Seashore area is still closed, I’m not sure why that is.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Ron Desantis told Laura Ingraham that nobody is dying on Florida beaches.
Bright sunshine kills COVID...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

For starters, this was all pitched as a means of eliminating spring break traffic. "14 days" to "flatten the curve" he said.

Bull fugking schit. That was months ago, and here the state sits, still in lock down.

What level of fugking idiot, thinks any of this lock down schit is doing anything? It's absurd. Miami-Dade and Broward needed the governor's "approval" before moving forward today. Broward wanted a whopping 50% capacity for their restaurants starting this Monday.

Desantis had to make a big bullschit show of it today. Like he's giving us a fugking gift.

The only governor that has a set is Kemp. The rest are all kghunts as far as I'm concerned.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

For starters, this was all pitched as a means of eliminating spring break traffic. "14 days" to "flatten the curve" he said.

Bull fugking schit. That was months ago, and here the state sits, still in lock down.

What level of fugking idiot, thinks any of this lock down schit is doing anything? It's absurd. Miami-Dade and Broward needed the governor's "approval" before moving forward today. Broward wanted a whopping 50% capacity for their restaurants starting this Monday.

Desantis had to make a big bullschit show of it today. Like he's giving us a fugking gift.

The only governor that has a set is Kemp. The rest are all kghunts as far as I'm concerned.

Damn Gator tell us how you really feel...

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Savuti
. One of the few bright lights in Michigan is the Owosso barber that opened up despite the COVID-19 order.

Just like to drive a vehicle one doesn't need a license, or even the keys if one knows certain things, then all one needs to barber are some scissors, right?

If folks keep going to his shop in support of him, perhaps he can pay the fines and continue to cut hair?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
M
MM879 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Savuti

I'll be going to get my $100.00 hair cut. I hope the line isn't around the block. The Owosso barber is an old timer patriot. It will be an honor to support him.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I saw some BS that Kemp's approval rating here has dropped to 39%. I just can't imagine which Democrats they polled, because his move to open the state has been appreciated by nearly everybody on this end of town, which is the working end. People are sick of staying home. Our hospitals are slowly emptying of COVID patients according to my sources at the various hospitals. Outside of Northside main campus, I know a dozen hospitals in the metro area that have less than 20 COVID patients and only 1 or 2 per hospital are serious right now. Since opening May 1, the number of cases has dropped, not increased.

Kemp has been widely criticized, mostly by people OUT of state. The national media has screamed. Interestingly, the local media, both TV and AJC has played it mostly fair and straight.

National media doesn't realize that Kemp has a very strong team of experts that I would argue are more qualified to advise on the subject that Dr. Foucci. He has doctors, professors and epidemiologists from 4 Med Schools here in state who know a thing or two about epidemics and have REAL data from Georgia to base decisions on.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I saw some BS that Kemp's approval rating here has dropped to 39%.

100% bullschit.

Just like the rest of this The Corona bullschit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
694 members (12308300, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 70 invisible), 2,789 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,634
Posts18,398,877
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.