Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
my parents grew up during the depression. mom saved jars, milk jugs, coffee cans, you name it. not hoarding exactly but lots of clutter. they sold the homestead after i went in the service and my brother had a 2 day fire in the back yard. stupid f ucker burnt a lot of good stuff along with the schit. dining room furniture, wood shop projects, albums, you name it. my whole childhood can fit in a footlocker. every once in a while i still remember stuff that i had and wish i still did. my parents retired to our camp and lived there for 20 years and collected more stuff. after i took it over i slowly and methodically got rid of the crap, sold the good stuff i didn't want and still have a bunch of stuff. dad was a sucker for cheap tools from yard sales and flea markets. i have a bunch of crap that is too good to throw away but junky enough to be frustrating to use.

My diploma is a DD214
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I did my worst ever german cockroach cleanout on a hoarder house. Two old ladies in Dover Tn, a mile from the battlefield.

Reminded me of the Baldwin sisters on Walton’s.

It was apocalyptic, started running Demon EC and pyrethrum and Piperonyl butoxide.

Fuggers were coming out of every crevice, drawer, stacks of newspaper, etc.

Falling off the ceiling into my hair, into my sun glasses Came 5 days later and nuked their asses again. Took about 6 months to get a handle on them. But you couldn’t change the peoples’ habits. It kept it ‘manageable’ till they moved them into a nursing home.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by renegade50
Anyone else been a military detailed slave recruiter???

Sure if anyone has they can tell ya about having a appt with a prospect in their schithole USA home.

BTDT....

Hoarders of Maine...
LOL!!!

HAHAHA

was this the tom cat house, came in sashays around while you all were talking, up periscope tail and commenced to whizzin on every corner in the living room.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
My father got like that back in the 70’s with tube radios and TVs. Worst thing was he had no idea how to even begin to repair them. Thankfully, he stored 99% of it in the barn.

When we were cleaning up the property when they went to sell and I was chucking this crap into the pickup to take it to the dump. He was whining “Be careful. They’re antiques!!”

I said “BS, they’re garbage” and kept tossing.

Actually, a lot of those old tube radios are worth money, some are worth thousands. I hope u didn't toss any god ones.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by mike7mm08
Guy I knew was a first class hoarder. Retired dentist worth millions. Had millions of dollars worth of properties, great hunting land. You would of thought he was homeless by looking at him.

He had a a 40 by 60 dental office built in the middle of know where. Figured his nine kids would all become dentist. I cleaned it out for him after he was retired for a few years. Entire building was about four to six foot deep with junk. 85 percent was garbage.

His house was a real treat. He would keep his food outside in file cabinets. That was so the raccoons would not get at it. They had figured out how to open the cabinets in the house.

I could go on for hours about this crazy fool.

This really sums it up though. Sheriff was looking for wanted subject. They tracked him down to the vicinity of the property huge manhunt. Of course news showed up. They were up in the helicopter filming the cops. They were searching the yard of the house and the assorted out buildings. News reporter said the police are searching what appears to be some kind of debris field.

Used to be an old guy like that here too. Retired small town bank president, still chaired the bank board and was the single largest depositor. He had been the pillar of the community for years, clean cut, suit and tie until his wife died. Owned God only knows how much land with producing oil wells on a good bit of it. After his wife died he let his beard and hair grow out long and wore raggedy stained whatever. Still lived in the brick ranch house he and wife and two daughters had kept so clean and neat when she was still alive and the girls were living at home but was so cluttered up now with his "treasures" you had to walk zig-zag down narrow paths to get from room to room. Yard was pretty much the same. He loved auctions and when he started bidding on something you best give up and move on because cost was nothing to him when he wanted something. He'd bid on anything that struck his fancy. Load his goods up in his old pickup, haul it back home and stack it up with the rest. Photos of him before and after was hard to believe it was the same man. Oddly, though, he was still as sharp as ever mentally in things other than his obsessive hoarding.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A lady that my wife sort of looked out for was quite bad about hoarding.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Funny how some hoarders seem like regular, well adjusted folks. There was one locally years ago that made the news. Real successful older guy whose wife died about 15 or 20 years before he did. Wasn't until he died that they discovered you could barely walk around in his house. He had neighbors around him who saw him regularly and talked with him. None of the neighbors had a clue that he was a big time hoarder. He had a landscaper that kept his yard beautiful and the exterior of the house was beautiful; but indoors was a totally different story. I guess you never know, sometimes.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I am sure most of you know hoarders, but you don't know they are. I am an HVAC tech, and have been in people's homes for 20 years. Rich, poor, city, country, all races. Many of them I had known from fixing equipment at their work, then I was invited to their homes. They seem normal at work, but they can't hide it at home.

One notable apparently didn't seem normal at work. A beautiful old city home, but inside was 4' deep of trash and booze bottles. He was a county judge. He was removed for being drunk on the bench, not wearing pants under his robes.

Alcoholism and hoarding are both symptoms of mental illness.

Jason
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
We’re going to find a dead cat named Boostie in my mother in law’s house one day.

That mfer came up missing about 3 months ago.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Preparedness isn't hoarding.

The dynamic that the left is creating in this country right now sure is making people think differently about having "enough" on hand.

LOL
IC B3

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by slumlord
We’re going to find a dead cat named Boostie in my mother in law’s house one day.

Hey rockinbbar??? Remind you of anyone we knew????? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Somebody has got ALL the toilet paper and I want to know who!

Harry
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Until you’ve found a mummified dog covered with a sheet melted into the sofa you haven’t seen anything same house I saw a mummified parrot in a cage still perched

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by renegade50
Anyone else been a military detailed slave recruiter???

Sure if anyone has they can tell ya about having a appt with a prospect in their schithole USA home.

BTDT....

Hoarders of Maine...
LOL!!!

HAHAHA

was this the tom cat house, came in sashays around while you all were talking, up periscope tail and commenced to whizzin on every corner in the living room.

Yep...
Told ya about other adventures in scumbille maine.

The crippled german shepard trying to get at the cat food place.
Gawd.....

The 3 years worth of dead flies on every window sill one.

The stolen plywood road sign home.

The 2 saw horse 2 by 8 plank right door trailer bathroom one.

The our house burnt up but we still live in it one.

JFC......
LOL!!!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Bootsie!!!!

You shoulda popped that fugger that day you scared the schit outta it out deer hunting.
Lol!!!

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
It's not the stuff, it's the stench. I've thrown out work clothes after being subjected to some of these domiciles.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I've known some people that had a lot of junk in their yard, old cars, stacks of rough sawn lumber if they had a mill, or such, but don't think I've known any hoarders like the one's I watch on TV. That's some downright scary mental problems right there. Mice all over the counter tops, cockroaches by the tens of thousands. No running water or working toilet, who lives like that and thinks it's ok? Big old stack of pizza boxes and diet pepsi bottles next to the recliner. I'd just call it so damn lazy they're self-destructing.

Crazy crazy stuff. Anyone know any hard core hoarders?

I knew one. A friend/former roomate who was sorta nuts. He was really bizarre. So I went ot his house once, and his mom was a hoarder. CRAAAZY amount of newspapers, all bundled, and sstacked along every wall as high as a 5'2" woman could reach. A 15x10 room was turned into a hallway.

Near as I could tell it was like this in the entire house.

Picture the entire interior of a nice large split level home in ridgewood NJ with stacked newspaper as, essentially, an additional bunker interior wall. On the entire house.

It was crazy. He didnt prep me for it, and I didnt say anything, and as we left he smiled and said something like "explains a lot, huh?".

He wa s avery good bartender though.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Now that I htink of it, it was like a Newspaper Minecraft house. Big 8 bit blocks of newspapers.

Crazy.

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R

Bought a place, for the land, it had a nice shed and a small house, 2 nice spring fed ponds, it bordered my place, never went in the buildings till about 2 weeks after we closed on it. shop was 12'x24' and it was level 5' deep in beer cans,house was really nasty, back bed room had about 6" of dog chitt,wall to wall. I burned the house down and pushed it in a hole, cleaned out the shop sold all the beer cans, good part it has a good well. we still own it. Rio7

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Oh, damn, I cant believe I forgot. .. My neighbor across the street.

Duplex. Filled one side, moved into the other. No [bleep]. [bleep] hole.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 160user, 1Longbow, 54 invisible), 2,624 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,362
Posts18,469,005
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.