Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#14873138 05/13/20
R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
I am looking to pick up 2 or 3 trail cams. I am leaning towards a Browning (either from the Strike Force or Dark Ops line).

Does anyone have any thoughts on these or any comparable trail cams? I am looking to spend between $100-150 per camera. Appreciate any help!

BP-B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Last year I went with a browning and it worked well all season. I only run video and I was impressed with the quality of the video throughout the season. Just really try to get it facing north a few times in the morning it didn’t trigger but that was sun glare issue

Hogs

Deer

Memento mori ( remember you must die) enjoy every day for tomorrow you may not wake

You can always borrow and pay the money back but you can never get the time back

Everyone hunter should own a fine rifle, life is short.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I run these, wild game innovations, think they’re $79 at tractor supply, comes with batteries, camera and sd card. Great camera, never any issues and we get quite a bit of rain
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by Boxerdog
Last year I went with a browning and it worked well all season. I only run video and I was impressed with the quality of the video throughout the season. Just really try to get it facing north a few times in the morning it didn’t trigger but that was sun glare issue

Hogs

Deer

That is a nice looking buck. Nice quality video as well.

Originally Posted by Judman
I run these, wild game innovations, think they’re $79 at tractor supply, comes with batteries, camera and sd card. Great camera, never any issues and we get quite a bit of rain
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Thanks, I will check those out. I am ok with spending less money.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I’ve had good luck with the browning strike force cams. I have 8-10 of them out at my farm year round. I’d not hesitate to buy more of them and in fact likely will before too long.

IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I have one video where it picked up deer eating during a lightening storm

Memento mori ( remember you must die) enjoy every day for tomorrow you may not wake

You can always borrow and pay the money back but you can never get the time back

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Reggie both of those Brownings are great trail cams. They take great pictures ad have a very fast capture rate. I have ran numerous different trail cams, and the browning dark ops and strike force are two of my favorites, and these are being compared to cuddebacks and Coverts. The only thing I would suggest is running a solar battery pack with them, or the browning additional battery pack.

R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Thanks for the responses everyone. I just need to shop around and see who has the best prices on these.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Check eBay!!!!!!!

805 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Those Browning cameras are awesome!! I’ve used a lot of different cameras over the years and Browning or Moultrie is what I’d use.

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Weissman4
Reggie both of those Brownings are great trail cams. They take great pictures ad have a very fast capture rate. I have ran numerous different trail cams, and the browning dark ops and strike force are two of my favorites, and these are being compared to cuddebacks and Coverts. The only thing I would suggest is running a solar battery pack with them, or the browning additional battery pack.

I run Lithium Ion batteries in mine and have not had an issue with battery life. I couldn’t even tell you how many thousands of pictures on a set. Mine are strike force, not dark ops

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by ShortMagFan
Originally Posted by Weissman4

I run Lithium Ion batteries in mine and have not had an issue with battery life. I couldn’t even tell you how many thousands of pictures on a set. Mine are strike force, not dark ops

Yeah use Lithium ion. I use the battery packs because I have them set up on heavy ran trails with the settings on max. These cameras can put out the pictures!!!!! You will be sick and tired of going through pictures. Unfortunately, last year I lost my two strike forces to a thief. Unfortunately for the thief my mobile cameras got him 😃!!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bought the Browning Dark Ops last fall and am very pleased with it. I didn’t think that I needed the video feature, but I’m really glad it is there now because it is all that I use. Mine is only out in my back yard at night because the neighborhood dogs keep all the deer activity nocturnal. I was getting blurry infrared still pictures until I did video. Now I play back the video and freeze frame it on my computer then take a clear picture of the image with my cell phone. Works great.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Whats the difference between the strike force and the dark ops?

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
To be honest I do not believe there are whole lot of difference. I think the strike Force has a few better quality's than the dark ops.

Here is a comparison chart from Browning.

https://issuu.com/cedarhillsmedia/docs/2020-btc-camera-comparison-final-ver3-11x17

R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
I think the main difference is that the Dark Ops has an "invisible" flash.

Here is a link to a comparison of the various Browning trail cams.

https://browningtrailcameras.com/pages/camera-comparison

Last edited by ReggieDunlop; 05/14/20. Reason: typo
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
So like I stated before I only run video on my browning.....it does not have the invisible night vision, so there’s a red light that works as the night vision ( much like a ring doorbell at night). Often times the deer will stare at it but it doesn’t spook them, I can dig out a video if anyone wants to see what I am talking about.

Also I would opt for one with out the red light if possible or the invisible feature.

One tip for everyone I would only buy a trail camera with the 512 gb capacity, that was buy two 128 gb cards you switch out . I have a 32gb model and it doesn’t hold enough in my opinion

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have two dark ops 940 hd. The first started acting up three months after purchasing it nib. This was one of the funky pictures it started to taking (it was pulling security duty on the cleaning lady).

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Contacted Browning and they replaced it with a new one.

This new one as only taken a couple of those weird pics but overall it has been working perfectly. The trigger speed is fast on these cameras. A lot of options for shooting video, still frames or timelapse. The IR flash is very nice, it doesn't seem to spook animals but really lights up the viewing area like this fox.

I have two WGI razors (these are their bottom line cams). Slow trigger speed and it seems directional like it will pick up movement more left to right than right to left. Not even close to the options that Browning has although it does have a great IR flash. Daytime pictures and video are good quality. This is the same fox at night.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
They all break.I've had the best luck with Browning then Moultrie The worst I've owned was WGI not from breaking down but missing pictures and scaring animals not deer so much but foxes and coyotes one picture and they were gone.You can learn a lot about how well a camera works by setting two covering the same area.When a Moultrie get 10 times as many pictures as WGI makes you think.But a different model WGI could be totally different.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by ReggieDunlop
I am looking to pick up 2 or 3 trail cams. I am leaning towards a Browning (either from the Strike Force or Dark Ops line).

Does anyone have any thoughts on these or any comparable trail cams? I am looking to spend between $100-150 per camera. Appreciate any help!

I have a few Wildgame, 2 Primos, and 1 Browning. I'll not have anymore Wildgame cams. The company owners are ass holes. I love the browning and the Primos Proof 2. Both take great pics. Primos is simple, simple, simple to set up.

Camp is where you make it.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
717 members (12308300, 160user, 11point, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 91 invisible), 2,707 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,696
Posts18,399,917
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.