Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FatCity67
At least over 1k personally probably involved in a couple thousand initiated by others. Made a living as a floorwalker ( verbiage old dudes understand) while in college. Back then they allowed you to carry as well if certified. Couldn't get away with the chit we did back then.

Turned it into a 15 year career climbing the Target Corp ladder.

Well crap,

you had to go and remind me of when I was a boxboy (another one of those old folk's terms??) at a grocery store.

So, I guess I was involved in a "couple".

But, they wouldn't let me arm myself and there was one or two instances I wish I had been.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Originally Posted by TrueGrit
I don't understand how someone can say it's not their job or duty to look out for one another. There's plenty bad guys out there and they hope the good guys will roll over instead of protect one another. Some guys on here act like girls or worse.

Not sure that I’ve seen anyone say that on here....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I get arrested for not wearing a mask I'm placing the arresting officer under citizens arrest for violating my constitutional rights.

Probably get a nightstick upside my head but hey, ain't right.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by FatCity67
At least over 1k personally probably involved in a couple thousand initiated by others. Made a living as a floorwalker ( verbiage old dudes understand) while in college. Back then they allowed you to carry as well if certified. Couldn't get away with the chit we did back then.

Turned it into a 15 year career climbing the Target Corp ladder.

Well crap,

you had to go and remind me of when I was a boxboy (another one of those old folk's terms??) at a grocery store.

So, I guess I was involved in a "couple".

But, they wouldn't let me arm myself and there was one or two instances I wish I had been.

The "Back stock/Loading Dock guys" lived to get a call on the radio to come help. " 99 to the East Door, 99 to the East Door"

Remember the Scum Patrick Purdy that shot up the Cleveland Elementary School in Stockton in 89?

Had him on video tape trying to do a what we believed was a fraudulent refund. The Manager wouldnt approve it so he sat on the floor in front of the registers and started banging his head against stand. Got called off a break to go deal with him by the time I got there he was gone.

Fast forward a couple days later Im at my Grandparents house a few blocks from Cleveland elementary helping them with their yard and I hear the distinctive pop pop pop pop of the AK. Thought maybe it was a drive by or drug deal gone wrong. Obviously not heard all the sirens and drove over to check it out couple hours later. Thats when I find out it was a school shooting.

Then couple days later SPD comes in to store with some receipts they found in this guys motel room. Went thru all return receipts for a month and found several with his name on them. Luckily we saved all CCTV tapes for 30 days and were able to find him doing a a couple returns and the head banging incident.

Detective determined the handgun he offed himself with he was probably packing all those times in the store given his MO, other crimes he had been involved in and interviews with his acquaintances.

Yeah I know cool story bro.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nothing as exciting as that for me.

One, we (the loss prevention guy and a couple of us) followed a couple out into the parking lot. Dude had stolen some meat. I got ahold of him, chick reaches in her purse. I hear "watch it, she's got a gun". I picked up the steak the guy had dropped and handed it back to him and I split!

Another, dude went through the checkstand with his friends/family. The had buns, ketchup, and stuff. Pat, the loss prevention guy nodded to a couple of us boxboys. we covered the doors by seemingly going out to gather carts. Dude gets out the door, Pat grabs him, he comes back inside. THEN he decides to make a break for it. Asst mgr Mike, big well built dude leaps over the checkstand, over the customers groceries and all, and four of us grab the guy, one on each extremity. Haul him to the back of the store, drop him right on the concrete when we get back there. Pat goes in to call the popo. Mike goes back to work. the other boxboy left. Dude looks up at me like he might try something. I casually but my hand on the steel hook we used to pull stacks of full milk crates across the floor and told him that wouldn't be a good idea. Not to smart as he was out on probation/parole and went back in for one to three..........all for a $3 package of burger.

Those were the "funnest"

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Like I said before. Chit we did back then you couldn't get away with in todays smart phone world.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No, we'd have to be all nice and respectful to the hamburger dude. Ask him like "please come back in the store Sir".

Glad we both got out of those gigs.

In it is contentment

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I never made one nor have I attempted to make one.

The closest I ever got, I suppose, was probably close to 30 years ago now. I went to Pioneer Square in Seattle with a couple of buddies from the fire department and we went bar hopping. There was 1 cover charge which allowed you entry into several of the more noteworthy pubs in Pioneer Square, we always had a good time back in the day. Pioneer Square has always been a rough “neighborhood” so we kept our heads on a swivel and didn’t invite attention. Around 1ish we called it a night and started the walk to our car (we all rode together) we were walking down an alley in a single file line when suddenly a guy comes out from a dark corner and begins to try to rob my buddy walking point. He demanded my friend’s watch, at the same time I walked out of the shadows and into view as did our other buddy which surprised the dumb ass. His tone changed and he opened his overcoat just like on TV and he wanted to sell us a watch or necklace or some other piece of jewelry that he stole off some poor, innocent and frightened lady. I went from 0-60 in microseconds when I realized how many people he had done this to and got away with. I also remember thinking how small he looked and the fear in his eyes when he realized that he wasn’t going to get away with it this time. The “criminal justice system” in Seattle is a joke and has been a joke for decades and I knew that this guy wasn’t going to be punished by an impotent system so there was no point in calling them, hell, they probably knew this dirtbag by name. Like most things in life, self defense is best accomplished when taken care of by yourself. 😉 That night I defended myself and all those other people that didn’t or couldn’t defend themselves from that scumbag. I took great pleasure knowing that he was as scared as those people he robbed by knifepoint. He was dispossessed of his knife that night and while it was his last ditch effort to stop his ass whooping it was a painful decision on his part to pull it out.

That was better than a citizens arrest.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Went to Walmart yesterday and there was a guy that not only wasn’t wearing a mask but got a little to close to me. We were in the hardware section so I grabbed one of the tape measures and sure enough he was only 5.6 feet from me. So I wiped out my glock with one hand and dialed 911 with the other. He tried to run but then he apparently Noticed my red dot sight on his vital area so stopped. Thankfully I’d read Massad Ayold enough to know
Know not to carry handloads so I wasn’t worried about being prosecuted. I held
Him there for about 30 mins until the police arrived and issued him a citation.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by memtb
A couple of holds until the LEO’s arrived ! memtb

Done sumtin like that too, a couple times.

One night, when a friend and I were returning home to my somewhat remote property in Montana we saw a man walking away from the door of my house at a fast clip whom had no interest is replying to my greeting....if ya call "what are you doing here and who are you" a greeting....
To make a long story short, by the time I confirmed he'd robbed my house he'd managed to flee my property in a car but I was soon in hot pursuit.

This was pre-cell phone days, I couldn't call for help, I'd do the same today but I'd call the cops while chasing.

Many miles later the pursuit had taken us from the rural area of our county and into town, he pulled off and stopped and we had our confrontation, at first he pretended to have a gun, I didn't fall for his act. He denied robbing my house but claimed to not have keys to the trunk of his car so I could inspect, he showed me his keys which I quickly took and put in my pocket, he wasn't going anywhere.....

He was young and I knew I'd seen him before but couldn't put my finger on exactly who he was.

From where we were at I could see a guy moving about through the windows of a nearby medical office, there was a cleaning companies truck parked in front of the office. I told my friend to go beat on the door of that office until the cleaning guy answered and have him call the cops.

The cops showed up but they were city cops, the robbery had taken place outside of their jurisdiction, they called for county cops. The city cop was kinda a prick..to my supposed robbery suspect, he cuffed him and slammed him into the back of his car busting the kids head on the police cars drip rail on the way in.

By this time better than an hour had gone by since we'd started the chase, when the county cops showed up they took the kid out for a walk, not sure what transpired while they walked but they had the kids trunk key when they returned.

His trunk was packed full of my schit, off to jail he went...

Ended up he was the son of one of my past tenants that had rented a home from me years back. Not really sure as to how he knew where I lived unless it was complete coincidence.....

Another time was when I got azz ended by a drunk that fled on a Friday night.

I hadn't gotten a tag number but knew what the truck looked like, you could tell the cops had little interest in finding the guy.
Took me until noon the next day to find the truck and get the tag number off it.

Called the cops and told them a eye witness that I knew had called me with the tag number, as we spoke they ran the number and told me the guy had 3 prior DUI's and another hit and run on his record.

That drunk learned what a Classic 69 Mustang was worth the hard way......Took a year but I was able to collect in full from him.

I guess that wasn't a citizens arrest but I had to do the cops job for them anyway....

I don't understand how someone can say it's not their job or duty to look out for one another. There's plenty bad guys out there and they hope the good guys will roll over instead of protect one another. Some guys on here act like girls or worse.

#Absofrickinlutely

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never, but I did play detective once.

A guy started being very vulgar and stalking my wife at her job.
I knew if I went ballbat on him, he would own me, when I got out.

We took his notes he wrote her (with his number?) to the cops.
They told us his name, but there was confusion as to which of two
local residents he was. One was clean. One had a record, including
dropped rape charges. In telling us this they told me the two addresses.

They said they would investigate and bring him in tomorrow.
I called. They couldn't find him.

Almost a week went by, he kept coming in the store, my wife saw his car.

So, at her quitting time, I'm sitting in a nearby parking lot with my
rifle. I don't want to keep him away. If he tried to hurt her, I'm going
to end this. Finally, the cops tell me they are trying to call him, he isn't
home.

We go hunting.

I find his car at one of the addresses, go to a payphone and call.
And I let it ring, he finally answers.
I become one of those guys pushing credit cards back then.

He hung up.

I called the cops, told the detective I had found him, he was
home. That I had made contact, and they needed to address this,
now.

No idea what happened, but the cop called me a couple hours later.
Said the guy would not come in the store again. And that he
wanted the cop to apologize for him. That we should call if we
saw him again.

Over several years, this guy was involved in some bad crap.
Not sure what happened to him, but he suddenly dropped off
the radar.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Starhole,

Is this a continuation thread of a series?

Everyone here remembers what you said of the man that died trying to defend church members.

We don't need your condescending opinions on who does what.

Originally Posted by Starman
You know, the lumbering lard ass that says he has found Jesus, but still struggles with eating disorders and obesity ,
side-effected by his statin cholesterol drugs, and opiodes for his backpain or bum knees,
..could also be suffering from crippling gout and nursing a serious ingrown toenail he is too afraid to see a doc about,
so he perseveres with it like a real trooper but also like a cripple, tenderly hobbling into church, finding it hard to simply
sit or stand, or concentrate well on anything- be it his surroundings or church service to his God.

CF types are also partial to their hard liquor, so apart from the drowsiness , dizziness, difficulty sleeping, headches, nausea ,
tiredness, mood swings etc, caused by their meds, they may also be adversely effected from last nights drinks.

If those compounding issues are not enough, then theres the underlying emotionally inept aspect, Some cannot even keep
their cool in CF keyboard battles, getting all flustered-emotional, erratic, irrational, and losing the plot.

bUt hey don't worry....cause they will try and have you believe they will keep their head screwed-on when someone is emptying
a 12 guage in their direction...cause they have attained a Skillset from punching static cardboard badguys that have never
shot back, have been reading Ayoob for 25 yrs and watching John Boy Correia Utube tutorials on active self protection.

They like to believe that from all that (and a bit of prayer help from Jesus)... they are piping schitt hot physically and mentally prepped,
poised and ready to proficiently engage any active shooter at any moments notice /or split-second the starters gun is fired.

course if it gets too hot in the kitchen, they can take opportune cover with their sidearm behind the pews with all the innocents
still huddled in their seats that they are supposed to be protecting and re-emerge to rush forward , ..when the dust is already
beginning to settle.

end.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...ave-been-just-like-your-ran#Post14418795

Go away, troll.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Nope. Not me!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I had been out of town for the weekend. Got back on Sunday afternoon about 3 pm. Let the dog out and she ran past the toolshed into the woods, barking loudly.
I followed her, she went right to the ginseng patch. I had a big ginseng patch worth about $3,000. Half of it had just been dug up.

On the way to the house, down in the valley along Bear Creek as we drove in, I had seen a beat up old Ford Ranger parked on the shoulder. I knew this was the vehicle of the ginseng bandits. I called 911. They said the cops would be there soon, but, they had to have a Game and Fish Ranger along with the deputy. It was going to take a while.
I knew these guys had just stolen $1500 worth of my ginseng, that my truck driving up had alerted them and they were headed down the mountain to that red Ford Ranger.
I knew that if I didn't go down there and catch them, they would get away. I told my girlfriend I was going to drive down there and catch these hillbillies.
And she said "You better take the pistol."
And I said "No. I am not going to shoot someone over some ginseng plants."

I drove down there, parked my car around the curve so they couldn't see, and I hid in the bushes. In a minute down the mountain came two mountain boys, they were laughing and joking, each guy carried a ginseng digging tool, a wooden handle like a shovel handle about 5 feet long, and a blade like a cut down hoe. Looked like a 5 inch long spear point on the end of the handle.
They crossed Bear Creek and were laughing and joking, and they walked up to their pickup truck. I stepped out of the bushes and said "Hello boys, what are y'all doing, stealing my ginseng?"
They looked like they had seen a ghost. The guy said "We didn't know it was your ginseng."
I said "Well why don't you give it back."

They started reaching in the pockets of their overalls, and they piled into my hands all the ginseng I could hold. Just then, here came the blue lights, the deputy and the Game and Fish guy, and they arrested the two mountain boys and took them off to jail.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Watching that Bernard Goetz documentary, they talked about how New York was close to bankruptcy and wouldn't hire transit police to be a presence on the subway - which led to the emergence of the guardian angels

The implied point was Goetz was reacting to the breakdown of society where you had to carry a gun to defend yourself when your government won't for you

As that relates to Citizens Arrest, if they were common, the government would have to address it. I don't think we can have an environment where local citizens have to take on the burden of law enforcement. with any kind of regularity/commonality.

so in Brunswick Ga, you have a one in 15 chance of being a victim of some type of theft (or worse). That , to me at least, indicates a breakdown of government's ability to enforce law. This incident and its notoriety will probably go a long way to them having to address it.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

I must have missed those posts where anyone implied they rolled over. I ended my post by saying when you or someone else’s personal safety is at stake you do what you have to do. Initiating a physical altercation over property or crimes relating to them is a recipe for exactly what happened in Georgia. There are much smarter ways to do your civic duty for your fellow man.

Last edited by jdunham; 05/15/20.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Once, about 30 years ago. A friend and I were driving down a busy highway (US24) in Taylor, MI when we saw two "utes" crossing the highway with a small dog following them. We watched as one picked up a stick and threw it out into the lanes so the dog would chase it. It did, and got hit by a car. We made a U-turn and caught up to them and held them for police. The one wanted to fight and put up his arms. I thumped him a couple of times in the ribs and he stopped. When the police showed up, he complained to the police that his ribs hurt. The cop replied, "what you did was a felony and what those gentlemen did was made a citizens arrest. If they had to use force, too bad". They were such scum that the prosecutor offered to drop charges if the parents paid the dog's vet bills. They refused.
PS-the dog recovered.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I’ve beat up a few people and/or held them at gunpoint til the police arrived a few times back in the Wild West days working in a pharmacy in the heart of Jackson ms.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Kellywk
Thankfully I’d read Massad Ayold enough to know not to carry handloads so I wasn’t worried about being prosecuted

Handloads for me aint an issue unless it’s flintlock.

The good ol’ days of Massad Ayoob and Evan Marshall.

Never having shot anybody, or seen anyone shot in person, over the years I’ve come to the conclusion that merely being able to shoot holes into the bad guy is 95% of it at least. Or as IIRC Evan Marshall hisself finally conceded re handguns “every caliber works about like every other caliber”.

Upon Ayoob’s recommendation I carried the 158gr PlusP .38 LSWCHP “FBI Load” in my trusty Airweight forever. But when I was ordering some anti-hog 147grain 9mm Hardcasts from Buffalo Bore I chanced upon their standard pressure version of that same .38 Special load.

Buffalo Bore stuff LOOKS like it’s assembled with love and must be better because it costs more 🙄 so that BBore stuff now resides in my Airweight.

The Professionals here have said that those in the know now pack 150 grain wadcutters in their snubbie revolvers nowadays. I do believe tho that fixed-sight S&W revolvers have always been regulated for a 158gr standard velocity round, and once in awhile it’s fun to plink with an Airweight.

I still have some two decades old Federal Nyclads for the Speed Strips, they don’t leave lead on everything. Only thing is I lost the box so I forget what weight bullet.

At the two rounds center mass at the seven-yards-or-less range I practice tho, bullet weight/trajectory ain’t that big a deal.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Arresting people ( in general) requires a lot of work.

I avoid it as much as possible.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

129 members (1_deuce, 257wthbylover, 300_savage, 5sdad, 2ndwind, 16 invisible), 1,739 guests, and 963 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,511
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.