Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by deflave
That's a helluva nice house.
As an aside, I don't recommend giving an interview shortly after blowing a dude to hell. LOL.

Nope, lawyer up before you utter a word even if you are 100% certain the shot was justifiable.
Not sure I agree with these remarks. Why should the fact that law schools have produced 3 times as many lawyers as needed, and that they are crawling all over one another and doing sleazy stuff to make money, have any effect on our being able to speak freely about such an encounter? It is refreshing, even reassuring, to see and hear a plain-speaking American man tell what happened and express his gratitude. The real stuff - not 2020 cautious groveling the way many might. I doubt that his forthrightness will cause him any legal trouble. Relieved and happy family, dead criminal, good dog, life goes on.
BTW, that house is neither large nor fancy for that part of Scottsdale.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by CCCC
As an aside, I don't recommend giving an interview shortly after blowing a dude to hell. LOL.

Nope, lawyer up before you utter a word even if you are 100% certain the shot was justifiable.
Not sure I agree with these remarks. Why should the fact that law schools have produced 3 times as many lawyers as needed, and that they are crawling all over one another and doing sleazy stuff to make money, have any effect on our being able to speak freely about such an encounter? It is refreshing, even reassuring, to see and hear a plain-speaking American man tell what happened and express his gratitude. The real stuff - not 2020 cautious groveling the way many might. I doubt that his forthrightness will cause him any legal trouble. Relieved and happy family, dead criminal, good dog, life goes on.

Have at it.

No skin off my nose.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Have at it. No skin off my nose.
Right - but not "having at" anything or body - just not agreeing - and wouldn't want you to skin your nose either. If that burglar had been wearing clothes, I might have afforded him a warning shot, but - naked in my home - just take him out.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by jmp300wsm
Good kill!! and that is more like 10 thousand feet for that house.

I said 5,000. I think you are right.

F
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by Morewood
Cute nanny.

5000 square foot home in Arizona without a swimming pool? Odd.

It’s probably indoor.

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L

Have at it. No skin off my nose.
Right - but not "having at" anything or body - just not agreeing - and wouldn't want you to skin your nose either. If that burglar had been wearing clothes, I might have afforded him a warning shot, but - naked in my home - just take him out.

Anyone who would consider a warning shot better have a good lawyer on retainer.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I was simply stating that if you take a human life, you might wanna wait a good while before giving interviews regarding the incident.

Because make no mistake, right or wrong, you killed a [bleep].

And everything that can be analyzed, is going to be analyzed. By people that have a lot more money than the guy in the OP's video.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
F
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
F
I wouldn’t have given the interview. What if the naked guy is some neighbors special needs kid off his meds or something? While unlikely, there is a chance the dead guy could garner some sympathy depending on the situation and his background.

A lady down the road a few years ago shot dead her neighbor from up the street as he was trying to get the front door open. He was completely drunk and pulled up to the wrong house. Probably would have looked bad if she gave a similar interview right afterwards without knowing all the details on the other end.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Not the best time to give an interview. Probably cost him more when this is over.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
he didn't seem too broke up about off'in the perp

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by 22250rem
I love a happy ending; but WTF ? Naked with a mask on? I assume they will drug test the body as part of the investigation. Wonder what that burglar was on?

COVID-19................ that's why he had a mask.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
"... and god bless the man who told me I'd be really happy some day we used a good grout sealer...."

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I assume the perp has a name like Manuel Labor or Julio Buckshotinez

Jesus saves, but Moses invests
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Since the shooter is a Urologist, it’s safe to say he was pissed off at the perp for invading his house.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
That helped balance the budget, job well done.

Life is good live it while you can.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Any i.d. on deceased perp?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
his home is not for sale , redfin estimate is $3,239,433 , purchased in 2015 for $2,400,000

7 Beds 8 Baths 11,713 Sq. Ft $277 / Sq. Ft.

dob 1-1-1978 , Lincoln NE , in his high school year book : likes to become a ballplayer .

Last edited by persiandog; 05/15/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I agree with you 100%.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Didn't read it, but as a cop in the ghetto for almost four decades, there is NOTHING more satisfying than a burglars blood trail.

As an aside, I know what works best on them.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good shoot! Happy ending. One other opinion, anybody considering a warning shot in a situation like that, has probably not been in many deadly encounters.

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (160user, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 1234, 10gaugemag, 55 invisible), 2,290 guests, and 1,194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,093
Posts18,464,068
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.