-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think it’s pretty sad for people to receive the government stimulus money and an extra $600 per week on unemployment and then complain about a couple of extra dollars to eat out.

I have seen none of that. My income is exactly the same as it was before the virus hit the news. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Be up front about it large plain signage. Make sure its on all the menus. Explain the reason why. Or just increase prices slightly across the board and explain why as well.

Or use it as a marketing tool saying your not charging it so you hope your customers will show their generosity toward their servers.

That's what I'd do.

I know I'd respond favorably to that kind of goodwill by a restaurant, especially if the owners are pointing toward their employees to be the recipients of any additional generosity.

We'll find out here Monday how it's all going to start shaking out.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
"Buy American!" "Support local business!"

Unless they add a surcharge to cover extra costs associated with this bullshcidt.

Then "fugg them"

lolol

Tell me up front. I’m fine with that. Skin me for a dollar or two.

Just don’t wait til you bring the check to make it know.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm fine as long as it's known before you make your order. Charge what you want to charge, let the buyer decide. It'll work itself out.

Now with even more aplomb
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
"Buy American!" "Support local business!"

Unless they add a surcharge to cover extra costs associated with this bullshcidt.

Then "fugg them"

lolol

Tell me up front. I’m fine with that. Skin me for a dollar or two.

Just don’t wait til you bring the check to make it know.

Agreed. And label it Covid or Wuhan or Chinese cold. As long as it's on the menu anybody that bitches needs to pay attention better.

MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
We haven’t been out to eat yet, I’m curious about the prices now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guys,
My costs instantly went up. N95 masks, for example, are $6-7 each and are rationed from our suppliers. Gowns and drapes are rationed from our suppliers. Extra air filters HEPA and ionizers have been installed. Plexiglass barriers for my office staff. Etc.

I had the choice of

- eating the costs. Not possible after a 5 week shut down
- adding a COVID 19 charge that insurance companies won’t cover
- raise fees across the board 3% to cover costs and get much of that covered by insurance

This is going to force some inflation of prices.

I’m against a separate surcharge. Looks too much like a tax. Consultants will tell people “will gladly pay a separate fee to keep them safe.”

That is not so in my 35 years of experience. People seem to better accept a raise in fees as the cost of doing business.

If cattle futures go up, who is “gladly” going to pay a separate beef surcharge at McDonalds or Wendy’s? I’d like to see the response to that. Burgers go up 25 cents with the explanation beef prices are up and nobody bats an eye. That’s happened countless times.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I look at the covid surcharge the same way I look at the haz mat fee on welding supplies or the charge for shop supplies on equipment repairs. It is a bull schidt charge that is 100% profit to the vendor. I have always tipped 20% of the bill for good or even mediocre service. 25% for exceptional service.
I guess in the future I will either not go to that restaurant or I will reduce the amount I leave for a tip. The price you charge should cover all your expenses plus profit, for the service you offer.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by JPro
I'm fine as long as it's known before you make your order. Charge what you want to charge, let the buyer decide. It'll work itself out.

This right here

Man y’all are some ornery SOBs. These places have been shut down for weeks. Let them make some money. A big tip is great for the server. Doesn’t really help the establishment.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How about a hazardous duty discount (equal to the surcharge) for taking the risk in patronizing their establishments? It's safer to stay home and cheaper too. Piss on people looking to gouge me.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
My FFL did it! Went from $25 to $45, fugg him, I'm done!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you don't pay they spit in your food?

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

Dont laugh.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by jnyork
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

Dont laugh.

Don’t piss them off!!

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The restaurant business has been having commercials on TV here saying that they are struggling since this pandemic started and to please support them by doing pick-up or delivery business with them while things are shut down. If customers choose to do pick-up or delivery business with these restaurants, while in-house dining is shut down, to support them as they have asked the public to please do...I can see why it wouldn’t sit well with customers to then be charged an extra fee for choosing to be supportive of them during these times.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I don't see how a (private) business isn't free to do this, just the same as anyone is free to avoid said business if they do.

I can imagine there are some large increases in operating costs due to all of this nonsense, but I rather just adjust the menu versus a "service charge."

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Saw a story on that today, and the reasoning. Makes sense. And actually LABELING it what it is, is something I support fully.

The sheeple all worked up over this chinese cold calling for lockdowns etc. etc. etc. need to be hit in the wallet for it to sink in how stupid they are.

I'd rather they tack on a surcharge and label it than just raise their prices.

Yes mudda fugga!

Tell em to pay or eat fish heads.

#essentialbusinessonly

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I haven’t stepped foot in a sit-down restaurant in over 30 years.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by slumlord

I bet it was your retirement party from the asbestos factory!

I am MAGA.
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
Not even Cici’s...?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

146 members (2UP, 300jimmy, 1eyedmule, 44mc, 35, 257 mag, 11 invisible), 1,319 guests, and 832 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,061
Posts18,463,272
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.