Print Thread
Hop To
H
HughW Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
I have deleted the list as it was incomplete information --- Addtiional information that came through is that the firearms on this list are not necessarily prohibited. "All the guns listed have prohibited VARIANTS, but the parent entries for many (as in most, we just haven't checked them all) are still unchanged and non-restricted. The prohibited and restricted variants are prohibited due to not meeting OAL or barrel length requirements; guns that have been cut down, or put into pistol-grip stocks with short barrels, or those that can be put into bullpup stocks."

Still unsettling as I have a couple of the parent entries on the list that have not been modified.

Last edited by HughW; 05/16/20. Reason: Correction to post

Hugh
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Betting that list gets added to as well. Why ban Ithaca 37 and not Winchester Model 12? They banned side by side shotguns too. Hoping you guys can fight this off somehow.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Thanks for the update. I support the CCFR and am glad they are fighting this but the courts are going to uphold it, sad but I think thats almost a certainty now. Canadians let the liberal agenda go unchecked for to long.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
WTF are they banning shotguns for???

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
H
HughW Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Whelenman
WTF are they banning shotguns for???
--- Not sure on this. There has been push from the NDP for broadening the ban as part of a bigger domestic violence program.

Whatever is up we are in for a heated fight as the Liberals have been buying votes by giving COVID response money away like crazy. Not a good situation right now for firearm owners.

Hugh
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Impressed I’m not. Ban the Ithaca 37 but not my Win autoloader?

You have now entered the Twilight Zone.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I pray you all can beat this mess in the courts. This shotgun list (or any other gun ban for that matter) makes no sense at all.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
There is a ton of misinformation on these matters which is being spouted by groups which are, supposedly, pro-gun. I don't know what the purpose is. All that needs to be known is that the Liberal government has declared itself to be an enemy of a large portion of the population. So far, the response of most organizations has been to put out misinformation in an attempt to increase alarm within the shooting community or to do nothing at all and keep quiet. It is time for them to speak up for their supporters and stop the BS.
Authorities have been testing just how far they can push with covid-19 as an excuse. This attempted ban of legitimate sporting rifles and self-defense firearms is simply taking it to the next level. So far, everyone is being too quiet and they are getting away with it.
Make no mistake, the supporters of this order in council are enemies of our way of life. They don't like independence, liberty, freedom, or any of those words which denote a lack of control by a central government. For them, any Bill of Rights is an abomination.
To address domestic violence, the answer is to put offenders (male or female) in jail; restricting shotguns is no response. Sometimes, relationships are so toxic that both parties should probably be in jail. This is not the fault of Canadian duck hunters, trap and skeet shooters or guys who just like to have a shotgun in the house.
My recommendation is to respond by buying a shotgun and plenty of shotgun shells. Do some shooting and get active. GD

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 007FJ, 44 invisible), 2,632 guests, and 1,173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,506
Posts18,452,586
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.