Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Raeford
How quickly the "my body, my choice" isn't really what it implies anymo.

Apples to grits. When a person is pregnant, they cannot spread that condition to other people and even if they could, it wouldn't threaten the other person's life.

If you decide to wear a mask why would you care whether anyone else does/doesn't wear a mask?

You're covered so what difference does it make?

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
“Starting Saturday, individuals who refuse to wear a mask in public may face stern words from a police officer"

Boy howdy, you guys and girls on the other side of the state line better start wearing your Depend undergarments when they lay into you with those 'stern words".

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Now the democrats know how far they can push and when force will be needed.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I agree its is all BS but don't blame the police officer, most will probably ignore it, but if one does approach you he/she's just doing their job and that is a thankless job.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by AZmark
I agree its is all BS but don't blame the police officer, most will probably ignore it, but if one does approach you he/she's just doing their job and that is a thankless job.

I doubt you’ll find anyone more pro law enforcement than me on this site. But I can honestly say that if any cop try’s to lecture me he’s gonna pretty quickly find himself on the receiving end of the same stern lecture in return.

IC B2

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I did not know that many women were governors.

It is a sickness and there is no end in sight.

For you haters, I'm kidding. Sorta.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chris112
Would probably reply with what the doc told me the other day. "If you have it; the mask prevents you spreading it. If you don't have it the mask does nothing to stop you getting it!"
You might wish to think about finding a different doctor.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mudhen
Our governor is an idiot!

You are so much on the mark, unless someone has invented a lower classification.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by SBTCO
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Raeford
How quickly the "my body, my choice" isn't really what it implies anymo.

Apples to grits. When a person is pregnant, they cannot spread that condition to other people and even if they could, it wouldn't threaten the other person's life.

If you decide to wear a mask why would you care whether anyone else does/doesn't wear a mask?

You're covered so what difference does it make?

Especially when their mask in an N95 with a breather valve that allows 100% of exhaled air to bypass the filter.

As stated earlier by another member.
Believing your mask is going to protect you from Covid is akin to believing your underwear will contain your farts.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In many instances, we humans are subject to our ignorance. Info copied from from a CDC/NIOSH publication

Surgical Mask
Cleared by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
Fluid resistant and provides the wearer protection against large droplets, splashes, or sprays of bodily or other hazardous fluids. Protects the patient from the wearer’s respiratory emissions. Does NOT provide the wearer with a reliable level of protection from inhaling smaller airborne particles and is not considered respiratory protection.

N95 Respirator
Evaluated, tested, and approved by NIOSH as per the requirements in 42 CFR Part 84. Reduces wearer’s exposure to particles including small particle aerosols and large droplets. Filters out at least 95% of airborne particles including large and small particles

IC B3

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I did not know that many women were governors.

I didn't either or how many women judges, police chiefs, mayors and Congress members we have these days.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have some stern words for Luhan-Grisham.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
The cops here aren't masked.
I'm enjoying wearing my flaming purple "wild rag" - and telling folks "I'm trying to decide whether to hold up a stagecoach, or a train"
smile smile smile
Gets a bit of laughter.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
It's all about you, all about your rights with no responsibility as a citizen to protect your fellow citizens. If you don't wear a mask (in public) and social distance, please notify your local hospital that if you become infected you will reject hospital care. Also let your district attorney know that if anyone in your family, neighborhood, or place of work can trace their infection and death to you, you will agree to plead negligent homicide. Americans have become spoiled kids.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Boyd45
It's all about you, all about your rights with no responsibility as a citizen to protect your fellow citizens. If you don't wear a mask (in public) and social distance, please notify your local hospital that if you become infected you will reject hospital care. Also let your district attorney know that if anyone in your family, neighborhood, or place of work can trace their infection and death to you, you will agree to plead negligent homicide. Americans have become spoiled kids.

My responsibility is to protect my family and myself, not my "fellow citizens", you included.

Unfortunately some Americans have become spineless surfs subordinating themselves to bureaucratic overlords to cover their ass from cradle to grave because they can't handle the responsibility for themselves.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Went to Jax sporting goods today.... sign on front doors said that..... by order of the governor....all employees and all customers are required to wear masks....

Ok....there were perhaps 20 employees in the store.... probably 60-70 customers. I was the only person in the entire store not wearing a mask. Several had simple cotton bandannas on but most has some sort of mask. I got a few disapproving looks, didn’t seem to bother me,,, apparently I am used to seeing that type of response .... Some customers seemed embarrassed that they were acknowledging their sheep status. Two or three seemed to give me a kinda head nod or approving look.

I was in the store for 15 minutes or,so.

Nobody said a word to me about it.

Last edited by TF49; 05/15/20. Reason: Spel

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D

You and your ilk are willing to let politicians wipe their asses with your civil liberties over an overblown disease that has killed 250 - and I seriously doubt that number BTW - in a state with over two and half million people. I’d say it’s actually the opposite. It’s all about you.

Instead of staying home yourself and cowering under the bed where you belong, you demand others do so as well. You want everyone else to put heir lives on hold, instead of going out there and doing what we’ve always done, provide for ourselves and our families. Are you willing to empty out your bank account, refrigerator and freezer so that those that have been impacted by this can find some relief? How about your enormous stash of toilet paper your wife Karen undoubtedly hoarded?

No sir. You are what’s wrong with the country today.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

LOL. GFY.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Another one surfaces.

Latent it seems.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The narrative sure brings the cockroaches out of the cracks.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Is there a limit to what a .gov can tell you what to do and how to live comrade? If you want to shelter in place you’re welcome to it.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

110 members (10gaugemag, 358WCF, 673, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 30Gibbs, 14 invisible), 1,659 guests, and 890 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,652
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.