Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Our restaurant opened Monday but the two bars are still closed down. The government giving away money to some businesses was the wrong thing to do and penalized other businesses. Then you take the unemployment raise and stimulus package wasn't anywhere near fair. Those that pay the most in taxes didn't receive any stimulus money. It won't be long before the government cuts SS and Medicare so the freeloaders and deadbeats can still receive their welfare and health care. Who was the POTUS that signed this bill?

TG, Trump and his team did the best that they could under the circumstances and they did it as quickly as possible.

Was it perfect and totally effective,,,,well, no, it wasn’t and it isn’t.

Would your preference have been just do nothing ?

Doing nothing would of been fair to everyone. Closing some businesses down and not others doesn't sound fair, and compensating some businesses and not others isn't fair. It's been bs from the beginning and unfair to the taxpayers for generations to come. We've spent a good chunk of our reserves making it through this and if we have a severe hurricane this year we could have major financial problems.

Life is good live it while you can.
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Our restaurant opened Monday but the two bars are still closed down. The government giving away money to some businesses was the wrong thing to do and penalized other businesses. Then you take the unemployment raise and stimulus package wasn't anywhere near fair. Those that pay the most in taxes didn't receive any stimulus money. It won't be long before the government cuts SS and Medicare so the freeloaders and deadbeats can still receive their welfare and health care. Who was the POTUS that signed this bill?

TG, Trump and his team did the best that they could under the circumstances and they did it as quickly as possible.

Doing nothing would of been fair to everyone. Closing some businesses down and not others doesn't sound fair, and compensating some businesses and not others isn't fair. It's been bs from the beginning and unfair to the taxpayers for generations to come. We've spent a good chunk of our reserves making it through this and if we have a severe hurricane this year we could have major financial problems.
Didn't anybody ever teach you life isn't fair ?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
$875 would be sweet to sit on the riverbank with a cane pole between my toes.

Unless that’s a rumor.

What khan/ wife got the 4wks she was layed off.

275 max from tn and 600 from unca suga

Normally makes 1250 ish every 2 weeks after taxes.

2 week check 1750 unemployment.
Fugged up paying people more than what they made.
Employers shoulda been able to input before layoffs what employees max shoulda been.

Just gonna create a bunch of fuggs who dont wanna go back to work until this blown out UI runs out.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
The goal for the Democrats in the next few months will be to get as many people as possible addicted to government crack. Then, they will make universal base income an issue during the election.

It will be a major issue and it’ll play well.

Bernie’s supporters are alive and well as are newer converts.

Exactly....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The democrats are concentrating on keeping the house and wining the senate. With both senate and house they will not care who is president. Besides they can impeach with control in both houses. Do not let the democrats sucker you.

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well as Joe cited it today.. We have had 36 million die of the Corona Virus, but the good news according Joe, is that only 85,000 people have lost their jobs due to the corona virus...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Yeah, I heard tonight that our state Legislators are "working from home" , but still drawing daily per diem to a max of 26K a year.

Outrageous, if true.

Last edited by las; 05/15/20.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Fubarski
36 mil doesn't begin to cover it.

That's only the people that were working for others.

There's millions more small business owners that are SOL, and since they are self-employed, can't get unemployment benefits, so they remain uncounted.

And unless they found a way to get a .gov scamulus check, they haven't received a dime since this thing started.

End of March to middle of May, so far, with no income.

Their lives destroyed, so liberals could feel better.

Actually the self employed are eligible for the $600 Federal money if they can prove prior income. They need to apply for UI through their state unemployment department, so they are being tracked. They are not necessarily eligible for state UI benefits but that's how they are getting the Fed kicker. I'm working on contract for several states UI offices helping to get people's claims right so that's how I know.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
None of my family or close neighbors are off, but the family members are working from home, at least some of the time (private industry). One neighbor works for FEMA, and is often pretty idle anyway. The other is an Air Traffic Controller, and goes in as usual.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

There's millions more small business owners that are SOL, and since they are self-employed, can't get unemployment benefits, so they remain uncounted.

And unless they found a way to get a .gov scamulus check, they haven't received a dime since this thing started.

Kingston says that Sycamore is smarter than you.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

^^^Clam^^^

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
That's how many people have been kicked out of their jobs during the last four months and filed for unemployment.

Wanna bet that NOT A SINGLE ONE of them is a government employee?

Not only have they not laid anybody off, they've taken tax money to create more.

LOL

I
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I
The sad part is that, ir it were Obama who created this depression and then favored a law that would give people more freebiemoochies for not working than for working, we would all be denouncing him as a commie. Donald, get a grip. The election is in a few short months and I don't want to live in a country run by Schumer and Pelosi.

News this morning: Production output dropped in April more than in any month since they started measuring it in 1919.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
We all made our choices in life. I decided for the risky fishing and tourism lifestyle rather than a stable government job.

Most years i come out way ahead, and get piles of time off to pursue other things. This year who knows. But, it’s the choice I made.

Life was never supposed to be zero risk.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

I completely agree but that would have been allowing a good crisis to go to waste. They had to get as many new addicts to govt crack as they could and holy cow did they ever manage that in spades.

Ironically the left are the ones who holy trinity includes “fairness” (equity, inclusion, diversity).

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave

Kingston says that Sycamore is smarter than you.

LOL

I never said that Sycamore is smarter than Fubarski, but according to Dassa, it looks like Fubarski is wrong again.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Wifey working from home, but has to go back to office on Monday. I’ve been working 3 days a week, but back full time on Monday. We didn’t get any stimulus money, but kept our jobs and paychecks. I’m thankful for that. The time off made me think a lot about retirement, a whole lot.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (2500HD, 007FJ, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 56 invisible), 2,212 guests, and 1,126 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,203
Posts18,466,067
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.