Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I just lick the wood with my tongue. Sometimes I let my dog go first if he's been a good boy.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Attention geniuses: Everyone KNOWS that pads work. Put your weed away, stoners.

Several of you are not good at this gun thing or are simply DAs.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SheriffJoe

Attention geniuses: Everyone KNOWS that pads work. Put your weed away, stoners.

Several of you are not good at this gun thing or are simply DAs.

Disabusing your fantasies is not for the faint of heart...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Have used steel wool for 50+ years. Inattention with anything can ruin even a wet dream.
I have always used nylon stockings for clearing any wool fuzz off a stock.
Best part of that is getting the nylons off momma😀😈

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dad smoked a pipe, some sanded smooth of magnificent burl. Those he would rub with oil from his nose. Left a beautiful eggshell sheen. Would take a while to do a stock though.

Buy some cheap walnut at Menard's or wherever and do test boards. Then pick whichever gives you the look you want. Tru-Oil makes many people happy and is easy to apply. And is easy to come by. But you want a fresh product - avoid the stuff in the back of the gun shop and is covered with dust. Same with anything that has a drying oil fraction actually.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
I just lick the wood with my tongue. Sometimes I let my dog go first if he's been a good boy.

Brings to mind an old, old joke...which discretion mandates I not repeat here.

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I am in the middle of refinishing an ATI Mauser (Zastava m98 clone). Used lacquer thinner and steel wool to remove old oil finish, sanded out indentations, and then have been coating with BLO. I give 24 hours between coats and then 7 days between the last coat and renaissance wax. Some don't like the BLO, but it makes the walnut look great. (Read about how to dispose of BLO rags!)

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1moredeer, 17CalFan, 163bc, 50 invisible), 2,309 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,234
Posts18,466,711
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.