Print Thread
Hop To
A
abbydog Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
We are hoping that by fall we can cross the border to moose hunt October 4-11.

I sent the outfitter 50% for my son and I; other guys sent theirs as well.

The outfitters everywhere will be in touch shape if hunting is Cancelled for non residents or residents as well.

Spring and summer fishing travel will tell the tale.

As I have seen on the this site, some of you in the business are bracing for cancellations.

BP-B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I’m sure there’s a lot of us that are checking the news daily (multiple times ) hoping for some positive news on the border situation. I am supposed to be heading to the NWT In July. Plane tickets bought and a lot of money spent.. I am hoping for the best but at this point... I honestly don’t see it being open. I hope and pray that I’m wrong.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I am another with two Canadian hunts this fall, fingers crossed.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I've got NF moose booked for mid-September. I'm giving it a 50/50 chance personally. My outfitter swears that if something beyond my control cancels the hunt he'll end back my deposit. Fingers crossed here too.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
A
abbydog Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
I’m giving our outfitter a call tomorrow.

IC B2

A
abbydog Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
I spoke to the outfitter today and she said as long as the number of cases go down like everywhere else in the world , hopefully all will go well in the fall.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by abbydog
I spoke to the outfitter today and she said as long as the number of cases go down like everywhere else in the world , hopefully all will go well in the fall.

We are all hoping thats the case. Our summer fishing season is just about certainly down the tubes. The Yukon outfitters I know think there is only a 25% chance they will be allowed to operate come August. The Territorial Govt has been slow to give us details about a re-opening strategy. They are even talking about NOT re-opening until a vaccine is available if you can imagine that. I think we will see the provinces open quite a bit differently and the Yukon will be one of the last to open. Our Liberal Govt has fumbled the ball on this from the very beginning so most of us are not to optimistic at this point. The hunting world will look a lot different once the dust settles. I know a lot of outfitters that wont be able to make it if they lose a years income.

S
S
With zero covid cases 13 days running, we're all on a positive note here on the Rock! Can't drop much lower than zero,eh?

Be very careful what you say about a man's wife and kids, but be damn careful what you say about a man's bird dog!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Last I saw, the Yukon has no CV19 cases.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The border closure was just last week extended to June 21. I looked for articles about that. In an article, some "experts" were saying that they don't expect the border to open for "several more months".

I'm not blowing my Wyoming antelope points on a "maybe" (plus the exchange rates are terrible for us), so I am not applying this year. We'll just buy another preference point.

If you've booked a hunt and paid a deposit, I'd be really worried.

Last edited by AB2506; 05/22/20.
IC B3

A
abbydog Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
No Chance this year for a hunt, wishful thinking that the border would open. We did reschedule our October 1 hunt to next year.
That being said this virus may be hanging around for awhile.
Moose 1, hunters and outfitters 0.
20,000 non residents not shooting moose should help the herds, same for Caribou.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The only ones allowed to go are those from the "Altantic Bubble". NS, NB, PEI and NFLD. Some outfitters are not running at all with the loss of the US sports.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
560 members (160user, 222Sako, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 52 invisible), 2,602 guests, and 1,147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,735
Posts18,401,057
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.