Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Originally Posted by antlers
...maybe we need the government to step in and protect you from a couple of bucks to eat out. Better yet, why should you have to pay at all? Don't you deserve a free meal? It's the least that business owner can do, right? Welfare mentality.
lol
Project much...?
No man, just the idiocy of this board. Y'all don't want to support small business owners, then don't. It's all about freedom to do as you please until it cost you 2 bucks.
You can't afford 2 bucks, stay home. Nobody's making you eat out.
And, it was just a general statement to no one in particular, but I see who it triggered.
Many customers feel like patronizing them during these times...as they’ve been asked by these restaurants to please do...’is’ supporting them. And...out of about 60 responses to this thread so far...you are the ‘only’ one to respond as you did. Talk about “triggered”...!

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
...maybe we need the government to step in and protect you from a couple of bucks to eat out. Better yet, why should you have to pay at all? Don't you deserve a free meal? It's the least that business owner can do, right? Welfare mentality.
lol
Project much...?
No man, just the idiocy of this board. Y'all don't want to support small business owners, then don't. It's all about freedom to do as you please until it cost you 2 bucks. You can't afford 2 bucks, stay home. Nobody's making you eat out. And, it was just a general statement to no one in particular, but I see who it triggered.
Many customers feel like patronizing them during these times...as they’ve been asked by these restaurants to please do...’is’ supporting them. And...out of about 60 responses to this thread so far...you are the ‘only’ one to respond as you did. Talk about “triggered”...!

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Like the UPS fuel surcharge. Gas is $1.50 right now does anyone know if ups still charges the fuel surcharge?

Bb

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
This is just the start. A lot of business are going to start raising prices And adding surcharges to try to make up for the last few months of lost revenue. I’ve already started to see it locally. And you can bet your ass that all the stimulus money is going to be collected back plus a lot with increased taxation. I fully expect Wyoming to implement a state income tax to bridge the gap.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

No man, just the idiocy of this board. Y'all don't want to support small business owners, then don't. It's all about freedom to do as you please until it cost you 2 bucks.
You can't afford 2 bucks, stay home. Nobody's making you eat out.

And, it was just a general statement to no one in particular, but I see who it triggered.

Kodiak,

A few here, including myself, have been clear that we go out of our way to support small business owners who are friendly and engaged in our communities.

Don't listen to the trolls.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Most of my customers are asking for a COVID-19 discount. What's up with that?

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
So how many of you pay your car dealer their "additional dealer markup" wilthout a whimper- and that's a lot bigger money than $2.19.

And BS- even if the dealer gives you the car at dealer invoice "cost" - not the SMP - they get 3-5% of the invoice "cost". As long as it is advertised ahead of time, it is your choice to buy or not buy, - and to do your due diligence.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Probably those special foot xray machines for shoe stores too.

Well, maybe that was before your time.....

I taught school for another 30 years in Wyoming after I put 45 in with Johns-Manville back in Love Canal.

You wore the Johns-Manville coveralls to teach in I hope.

No sense wearing your own clothes around the little disease vectors you know.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's the local small-ish business that's costing me more. I like to shop the ads and two major grocers are out of town but within reasonable shopping distance. I'd rather shop in town even if it costs a little more but there comes a point where that's just stupid. And so the market will sort itself out over time. As for eating out that's just a convenience, different ambiance and no cleanup. I can cook just as well or better for substantially less. Make it less of a convenience or the least bit like you're doing me a favor and you won't see me again. Been there, done that, and I don't regret it. It's called a SERVICE industry.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm of the opinion that once prices go up, they ain't coming down again. Don't rightly know if they can.

I wonder if Hatari is going to be able to reduce that 3% increase in his billing once he's no longer required to pay $6 + for a mask for himself and staff and they just go back to the way it was before The Corona? (Hatari, gracias for adding it to the bill so folks get some relief by insurance picking some of it up!)

Kind of a scheidty deal all around. I've gone from 15% tip for just acceptable service at a sit down place to a 20% tip or more for an expensive take out pizza with NO service. (we don't have Dominoes or "Pizza Pizza" around here)

How are States and Municipalities going to make up for the shortfalls in lost tax revenue? Sure the tax rate is the same on fuel let's say, but the revenue is much less on $2.49 a gallon gas as opposed to $3.49 a gallon. Yet, we all want our roads and bridges fixed.

I wonder how much money the restaurant industry has lost just in reduced sales of fountain drinks? Anyone know how steep the markup is on flavored sugar water served at your table in a glass? How many folks are ordering food to go and saying to themselves "I've got a case of Pepsi at home, why do I want to get 4styrofoam cups filled with ice and pay $2.50 each, and maybe have it spill in the car on the way home?" Great profit maker those drinks are.

To those in the business world, I wish you all the best of luck.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's sort of like the argument about minimum wages. Cost of services goes up. So to afford the same services we're used to personal income must go up, including a service business's payroll and supplier costs. There is no increase in value anywhere, people just trading Monopoly money.

Of course that's not exactly how it works, lots of complications and anti-inflationary monetary policy. But you get the idea. And prices coming down - bought gas lately?

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I would rather see the price adjusted accordingly. Because honestly, it ain't ever gonna come back down when this blows over. I tip well for good service. And generously for excellent service. To the point that I have had servers and managers come back to me and say "Are you sure?"

But surprise me with an add on BS charge without telling me on the front end. I will never darken the door again.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I'd rather add 20% as a tip than 1% as forced tribute.

I tip cash directly to the server. Cash flow is vital to these people.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
If they are not raising menu prices, I don't have a problem with it. I stopped at Kroger's to get some ribeyes for the grill and they where $15.99 a lb. Over $50 for three ribeyes. I'm sure their supply prices have gone up substantially also. A surcharge may go away when and if things get back to normal, a menu price increase never will. I think this is more than fair to the customer. A tip should go to the server, not the owner who buys all the beef and other food for menu items. An increased tip does nothing for the restaurant itself as far as trying to make the balance sheet balance.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Ole lady got me a 6 pack of vienna,s
I eat 2 or 3 cans
Use the others to mix in with the dogs food, they love it.
3 out of 4 cans so far missing the middle one.
I might have ta switch over to another brand if this trend continues.

C19 scrimping?????

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Haha.

Welder i work with... was raising hell the other day at lunch time.

Said his Vienna’s was missing the middle wiener. WTF the world coming too? 😂

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by slumlord
I haven’t stepped foot in a sit-down restaurant in over 30 years.

Have you done anything in the past 30 years? From all your posts lately, it seems like you haven't gotten out much or done anything...... smirk

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Slumlord lives vicariously thru others Instagram posts.
Others everything thru amazon prime.

He doesn’t leave the compound.

fort slumlord.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by renegade50
Ole lady got me a 6 pack of vienna,s
I eat 2 or 3 cans
Use the others to mix in with the dogs food, they love it.
3 out of 4 cans so far missing the middle one.
I might have ta switch over to another brand if this trend continues.

C19 scrimping?????
i stick to the hormel brand, supreme quality lips and ass holes. And the slimey gel clings together better. Keep them in the fridge too. Serve on fine china and the stack stays intact. A fine presentation. With a spritzle of A-1 and an orange peel off to the side. Great for leisure snacking or if when you want to impress company.
4 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

The Libby’s brand sucks pure ass, dump them out, and the monkey dicks go sliding off in all directions. The slime is more of a 10w-40 goo. The product is bland and seems tilted with more chicken byproduct bias. Some, even with detectable ground chicken bone contained within. Would only recommend consumption in times of desperation between paydays or natural disasters. ⭐️

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Corona virus surcharge ?

At one time or another in the last few years, different food/protein items have been cheap, real cheap.
Over the last six months, bulk raw chicken breast meat has been incredibly cheap, like $1.25 lb to the restaurants.
Just before the ‘pandemic”. Pork was cheap. I have seen bone in butt under a dollar.

Did these same restaurants knock a buck or two off your bill because they were paying less than they have for years ?
Probably not.

MOLON LABE
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

372 members (160user, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 35 invisible), 1,598 guests, and 1,010 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,226
Posts18,447,682
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.