-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I will be praying for a successful surgery and quick recovery. With your great attitude everything will be fine.

Jim

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by BangPop
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Good luck with your procedure! Hope you have a speedy and uneventful recovery.

A good friend of mine was scheduled for robotic bypass surgery at the University of Chicago this morning. Awaiting word on how his surgery went. I wish that procedure was an option for me when I had a triple bypass four years ago.
I had a 31 year career in cardiac surgery, and I can assure you that you DO NOT want the robotic version of any surgery on or in the heart.

It would be interesting to hear your experiences with that type of surgery. He chose to have it done with that procedure due to seeing what happened to his brother that had his chest cracked opened. His brother split his chest open twice. Rich is fairly active with working two jobs as an electrician, one running his own contracting business. He doesn't want the extended down time. If they have to crack him open UofC ties the breast bone together with plates. They only wire them together locally.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

A good friend of mine was scheduled for robotic bypass surgery at the University of Chicago this morning. Awaiting word on how his surgery went. I wish that procedure was an option for me when I had a triple bypass four years ago.
I had a 31 year career in cardiac surgery, and I can assure you that you DO NOT want the robotic version of any surgery on or in the heart.

Now you tell me...

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S

Can you elaborate on that just a lil for us please? Doc?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Oopsies with the roto rooter blades

Check it out bruh...I’m hands free

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
This will be my last post until I'm recovered enough to tell how it went. Again thank you for all the prayers and well wishes. Also thanks to those that shared their experience of this surgery.

It is not about what you kill, it is about the hunt....
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Good luck!

Keep us posted!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
In the CV OR time is life. You do not want to spend any more time than is absolutely necessary to accomplish the task that you are there to do. It takes more time to do the same task that can be done by hand using the robot. Another important issue is the accuracy that the sutures are placed with. There is no mechanical device that can place a stitch as precisely as the human hand. If the surgeon "back walls" the artery and doesn't recognize the mistake the heart is probably going to fail and may suffer a intraoperative MI (heart attack). Any major issue happens and the mortality rate can increase by 5X. It simply is a much better plan IMO to get it right the first time as quickly as possible and get out of the OR. Done correctly it is a very safe procedure.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Best of luck to you. Had a 6 way bypass in 2017. Was the hospital for 5 days. It's surprising how fast they get you up moving. Will not lie to you, it will knock you on your ass, but it is worth it considering the alternative. You will be feeling much better before you know it.

3825 24336
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I had Triple Bypass surgery 13 years ago. I have backpacked the sawtooth mountain range (38 miles) I have ridden Michigans Dalmac bicycle ride from Lansing to Mackinac Bridge (About 350 miles) still regularly bike, hike, hunt, fish and pretty much anything I want to do. The surgery is not a picnic but it changed my life for the better. Hit the rehab hard afterwards, eat right, stay active and you will be fine.

Still trying to be the Man my dogs think I am
IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
May God be with you!!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I am back home and feeling better each day but still have some work to do. All the post from you guys help me and I thank you. Its good to be back on the fire!

It is not about what you kill, it is about the hunt....
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
glad you made out ok. what did they end up having to do?

My diploma is a DD214
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by nimrodtracy
I am back home and feeling better each day but still have some work to do. All the post from you guys help me and I thank you. Its good to be back on the fire!

Glad you made it through okay. Good luck with the recovery.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
The Lord be Praised. Welcome back.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Great news!
Hope you have a speedy recovery. Take care of yourself and don't rush or overdo it. Good luck!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

To God be the glory. Welcome home

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Hope you continue to improve!

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Tracy, glad to hear you made it through ok.

I had open heart 2 years ago for aortic valve stenosis. You'll be fine. I just painted my whole house by myself recently. Cut the grass, trimmed and edged today.

Hope you're back out there soon.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
It's not easy
I had my chest sawed open 3 years ago at the age of 47

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

618 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1337Fungi, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1234, 58 invisible), 3,345 guests, and 1,120 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,297
Posts18,468,035
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.