Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
Gawd.....I just wanna go back to Golden Corral

Don’t be stickin your fingers in the chocolate fountain.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The spike will happen when they go through with their spray bottle of virus

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Given the incredibly high survival rate, a spike in positives doesn't really translate into panic for me.

100k more people popped positive for acne - basically.

Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Tealblue
Given the incredibly high survival rate, a spike in positives doesn't really translate into panic for me.

100k more people popped positive for acne - basically.

Yep.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by djs

It takes several weeks for the Corona Virus to morph into Covid-19, so we're not quite there yet.

wut..?

Carpe' Scrotum
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Steve
Originally Posted by djs

It takes several weeks for the Corona Virus to morph into Covid-19, so we're not quite there yet.

wut..?

Ignore him. He’s an idiot.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I guess we will soon hit the massive toll of 3.5 MILLION dead Americans the Commie DemoRat Fake News Media And Fauci and the WHO predicted. Any day now. 😜

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by djs
[
It takes several weeks for the Corona Virus to morph into Covid-19, so we're not quite there yet. But the Kingston (NY) barber who defied the shut-down orders has tested positive. see: https://www.businessinsider.com/bar...s-after-giving-haircuts-illegally-2020-5

I wonder how many of this customers will also test positive?

You really wrote that with a straight face?

You really do stand as accused, don't you, troll?

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
ABC now reports the new spike in TX cases was because of testing yesterday at a meat packing plant in Amarillo.
700 cases.

Well yea, if you suddenly test a workforce at a place where they had an outbreak, then your gonna get a LOT of positive results.

Had absolutely NOTHING to do with re-operating the State!
That plant was NEVER closed.

So if they would have shut down, they would not have had 700 positives, right? Asking for a friend.

hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 280Rem1
ABC now reports the new spike in TX cases was because of testing yesterday at a meat packing plant in Amarillo.
700 cases.

Well yea, if you suddenly test a workforce at a place where they had an outbreak, then your gonna get a LOT of positive results.

So if they would have shut down, they would not have had 700 positives, right? Asking for a friend.

Let me ask your "friend" this. 700 positives? Is your friend insinuating that will be 700 dead, because that is an insinuation disguised in question form?

How many of those even had symptoms? What was their lifestyle outside of the workplace? Any other high risk vectors of transmission with any of them? Is your friend assuming that several will die from testing positive? A cynic might say that could be 700 that recover and have antibodies and are immune like probably million of more American already likely are.

Now, I understand statistics suggest out of 700, a number probably may end up getting significantly and/or seriously ill, but the insinuation that a positive test is a death warrant — which is what is implied in the MSM, Pop Culture and by idiots like Andrew Cuomo - is irresponsibly wrong. You will be able to pick isolated hot spots like this or bonehead's barber shop for the next year. Again, the insinuation that this is proof the world needs to hide in a gopher hole until every single flare up stops is disingenuous Throw that in with "if it saves ONE life," or "its for the children". Where was this level of concern during the 2009 H1N1 pandemic? Oh, never mind. Your "friend" probably already has their mind made up. Easier for the country to stay at home and collect unemployment erroneously thinking that the virus will magically disappear at some set date, say July 1 or August 1.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Oddly, I just received an automated call on my cell phone telling me that free COVID19 testing will be available at my local fire house in a few days. This is timed almost exactly with when a major lift in restrictions is scheduled to occur. More testing will equal more positive cases for the statisticians to record.

hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Oddly, I just received an automated call on my cell phone telling me that free COVID19 testing will be available at my local fire house in a few days. This is timed almost exactly with when a major lift in restrictions is scheduled to occur. More testing will equal more positive cases for the statisticians to record.

I'm sure that is a coincidence, right?? wink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by hatari
Imagine that. And my Governor Brian Kemp was catching hell for opening my state?

No spike in coronavirus in places reopening, U.S. health secretary says

Reuters May 17, 2020, 9:24 AM EDT

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Authorities are not seeing spikes in coronavirus cases in places that are reopening but are seeing increases in some areas that remain closed, U.S. health secretary Alex Azar said on Sunday.

"We are seeing that in places that are opening, we're not seeing this spike in cases," Azar said on CNN's "State of the Union" program. "We still see spikes in some areas that are in fact close to very localized situations."

It takes several weeks for the Corona Virus to morph into Covid-19, so we're not quite there yet. But the Kingston (NY) barber who defied the shut-down orders has tested positive. see: https://www.businessinsider.com/bar...s-after-giving-haircuts-illegally-2020-5

I wonder how many of this customers will also test positive?

Keep Hope Alive!

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

King Andy did the same thing here in KY. Announced plans to open the state when confirmed cases showed a steady DECREASE... And then dramatically INCREASED the number of drive thru testing sites, as well as relaxing the criteria to be tested... We now have 157 testing locations prominently displayed on the KY Covid home page.

Fortunately, despite best efforts by the communists to drag this out, the number of confirmed cases in KY continues to decline...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
700 cases.

Let me ask your "friend" this. 700 positives? Is your friend insinuating that will be 700 dead, because that is an insinuation disguised in question form?

How many of those even had symptoms? What was their lifestyle outside of the workplace? Any other high risk vectors of transmission with any of them? Is your friend assuming that several will die from testing positive? A cynic might say that could be 700 that recover and have antibodies and are immune like probably million of more American already likely are.

Now, I understand statistics suggest out of 700, a number probably may end up getting significantly and/or seriously ill, but the insinuation that a positive test is a death warrant — which is what is implied in the MSM, Pop Culture and by idiots like Andrew Cuomo - is irresponsibly wrong. You will be able to pick isolated hot spots like this or bonehead's barber shop for the next year. Again, the insinuation that this is proof the world needs to hide in a gopher hole until every single flare up stops is disingenuous Throw that in with "if it saves ONE life," or "its for the children". Where was this level of concern during the 2009 H1N1 pandemic? Oh, never mind. Your "friend" probably already has their mind made up. Easier for the country to stay at home and collect unemployment erroneously thinking that the virus will magically disappear at some set date, say July 1 or August 1.

Spot on as per usual, Hatari.

By the way, Gov Abbott announced today he is opening up most of TX by the end of May. And lots of businesses opening up this week.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 05/18/20.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
700 cases.

Spot on as per usual, Hatari.

By the way, Gov Abbott announced today he is opening up most of TX by the end of May. And lots of businesses opening up this week.

God bless Texas!!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

674 members (1234, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 160user, 10gaugemag, 65 invisible), 3,052 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,264
Posts18,467,183
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.