Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
139 replies, pretty good. I started this thread as a joke because someone mentioned we needed another one of these. My pickup has 7300 miles on it. A lot of Tundra lovers here, too bad they don't pencil out.

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
get a stihl

My diploma is a DD214
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
What's the concensus?

Is everyone still just buying the same brand they always bought or has someone been convinced that they need to switch?

I think we all know the answer.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
What's the concensus?

Is everyone still just buying the same brand they always bought or has someone been convinced that they need to switch?

I tried a different truck once - and once was quite enough.. It was a GMC.... I tried - really tried - to like that truck, but after six months it was history.. I'm one of those who go by the adage, "if it ain't broke - don't fix it"... I bought my very first new truck - a Ford F-250 in '73.. Other than that pos GMC I've driven Fords ever since and have been happy with 'em..

But that's just me... smile smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What's the concensus?

I've in the last 10 years I've owned Dodge, Ford, GMC, Toyota, Chevy, International and Kenworth.

The one I like best is the one I get a DEAL on. I bought a GMC from a towing company for $1,000 and put 30,000 miles on it. That was good. Ran a Tacoma for 150,000 miles for just over $5,000. That was a deal.

Had to put a rebuilt engine in a GMC Sonoma at 135,000 miles, but then she ran for another 200K (sold it to one of my drivers, still running). That wasn't awful, in the end.

Anymore, though, these asphalt queens with their 17 speaker stereos, 23" infotainment center, 14 gear auto, 19 way adjustable seat pansy haulers have way too many failure points to ever be able to run economically.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by walt501
[quote=BWalker]BTW anyone can buy Toyota stock. So to say all the profits are going back to Japan is ridiculous.[/quote

Actually no, You can not by Toyota stock, at least not here in the U.S.

actually you are wrong, the symbol is tm. granted it is a a.d.r. or american depository receipt the way many foreign stocks are traded.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
[quote=BWalker]BTW anyone can buy Toyota stock. So to say all the profits are going back to Japan is ridiculous.[/quote

actually you are wrong, the symbol is tm. granted it is a a.d.r. or american depository receipt the way many foreign stocks are traded.

Correct. And Yota is traded that way so they don't have to report on their operations to U.S. regulators.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Dutch
[quote=TimberRunner]What's the concensus?

Anymore, though, these asphalt queens with their 17 speaker stereos, 23" infotainment center, 14 gear auto, 19 way adjustable seat pansy haulers have way too many failure points to ever be able to run economically.

You'd be wrong about that. We put over 200k multiple times on 1/2T Chevy, Ford, and GMC, including the last 3 Z71's we owned.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

Correct. And Yota is traded that way so they don't have to report on their operations to U.S. regulators.

Why should a foreign company have to report to US regulators?
And of course you were FOS on the stock comment.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by aalf
Originally Posted by Sheister
The only thing I don't like about the Chev/GMC trucks is the low stance on the front end that gives them a bit of a rake. However, a $40 leveling kit for the front end and a couple hours to install and it looks much different now. Going to do my son's the same way in a week or two...

I added the 1 1/2" leveling kit on my shortbox, leaving about of inch of rake.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That's the exact lift kit my son is looking at. 1 1/2" lift in front should be just about perfect on his truck... I bought the 2" lift blocks kit for my truck, but when I went to install it, the mounting bolts for the bearing carrier were in the way and I had to machine about 3/4" off the block to make them fit. Once I got them in place and installed, I still gained 2" in lift.... weird deal....

The cut throat competition in the truck market has been a huge boon for truck buyers. Every manufacturer has had to up their game substantially the last few years to keep pace and the result has been some really outstanding offerings in the truck segment, IMO.

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

I have some Toyota stock. It's TOYOF. Bought it through my 401k on Schwab. Right now it's around 60 buck a share.

Also have 7-11 stock. It's Japanese too. SVNDY 16 bucks a share.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by duck911
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by duck911
Tumda and don't look back.

[Linked Image]

Poodle?

Goldendoodle. Best dog we've ever had.

We had a golden doodle for 10 years that died last fall. She was an awesome dog. Very nice dog and great with the kids. We got a Wirehaired Pointing Griffon a few months ago and she is a demon compared to the golden doodle. Completely different personalities in every way. We miss our Pooh retriever and hope our new pup grows out of her demon stage.

Bb

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Redneck
What's the concensus?

I tried a different truck once - and once was quite enough.. It was a GMC.... I tried - really tried - to like that truck, but after six months it was history.. I'm one of those who go by the adage, "if it ain't broke - don't fix it"... I bought my very first new truck - a Ford F-250 in '73.. Other than that pos GMC I've driven Fords ever since and have been happy with 'em..

But that's just me... smile smile

My Ford is running up there. Knocking on 225K. Maybe I'll be adventurous and try a GMC next. But for how often I buy a truck, I'll probably die before I get another one. Better make my choice carefully.

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

188 members (2ndwind, 17CalFan, 907brass, 257_X_50, 44automag, 33 invisible), 1,975 guests, and 1,035 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,488
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.