Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Any thoughts or opinions? I have the big three dealerships local but have always been intrigued by the Tundra. Willing to look at Nissan also. Thanks

BP-B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The emperor would appreciate buying a jap rig. They need the money over there.

MAGA
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
The emperor would appreciate buying a jap rig. They need the money over there.

Been driving jap rigs most of my life. I highly recommend them...

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Which dealership offers the best service after the sale?

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by horse1
Which dealership offers the best service after the sale?

Other than an oil change it shouldn’t even be a necessity.

IC B2

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don't buy new. Buy one a year or two old and get the depreciation value out of the way. Every vehicle on the road is a used vehicle and so will a new one be as soon as the tires hit the pavement outside the lot. At that moment you just lost 25% of the value. Haven't bought new in decades for this very reason. You can get used with full warranties and save the 25% which on the price of new trucks is significant.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I bought a new Dodge 3/4 Big Horn about a year ago. I like it.

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
I am really leery of the new Ford system that shuts the motor down when you stop. It may work fine, I dunno, but seems to me it would put a lot more wear and tear on the starter. Maybe I'm wrong.

The GM system doesn't shut the motor off, it shuts down a sequence of motor cylinders when you are out on the highway. I don't like it either, but there are ways to turn that system off. I don't know if the Ford system can be shut off or not.

Haven't heard what Ram or the Japs are doing to hit current CAFE fuel standards. I assume Ram is doing something like GM and Ford, not sure about the Japs.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Good luck finding what you like! If hauling and towing heavy, American is the only thing out there! If light work and driving hunting and around town go import! Just my 2cents.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I have been driving 4WD Nissan Frontiers for 32 years. Highly recommended.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Not sure if they still do, but tundras used to get horrible fuel mileage. Great trucks other than that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd really like to buy a Frontier but I've heard so many negative things about Nissans in general over the years I'm scared to pull the trigger. You can find a 4wd crew cab Frontier for a few thousand less than a Tacoma.

Last edited by KFWA; 05/18/20.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've had two tundras and have had excellent success with them. Did Chevy and Dodge ever move production out of Mexico?

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
For a year I've been tracking prices on a particular model Chevy, & one of the nations largest volume Chevy truck dealers is near. That one keeps the others in line.

I hear of the recent great deals possible during this slow down, a lure.

Not happening. The Silverado has lost some factory incentives or, dealers have raised prices knowing that a lot of folks think they can get a better deal right now. The same trucks, option for option, are 8% higher than they were in Feb. I don't know the answer, but in my neck of the woods, the already high prices have gotten higher.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I loved my tundra. Drove it for twelve mostly trouble free years till I traded it for my new Tacoma, and on the occasion something did go wrong, the factory bent over double to make it right. The only bitch I have is that the mileage was horrendous.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
I loved my tundra. Drove it for twelve mostly trouble free years till I traded it for my new Tacoma, and on the occasion something did go wrong, the factory bent over double to make it right. The only bitch I have is that the mileage was horrendous.

Is the mileage much better on the Tacoma?

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I bought a 2020 Tundra in late August. Have 13,000 miles on it now. Computer is showing 15.8 mpg right now for mixed driving. Have no complaints at all with it.

Since leveled the front end and tinted the front windows.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I wish Stihl made trucks.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

It is “better“, but that’s a relative term. So not really, no

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

It is “better“, but that’s a relative term. So not really, no

Fuel mileage and range is about the only complaints you hear from Toyota owners. I can't carry enough stuff in a full size long bed so there's no way a Toyota will work for me.

Life is good live it while you can.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
658 members (1lessdog, 2500HD, 257 mag, 17CalFan, 22magnut, 10gaugemag, 72 invisible), 2,750 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,648
Posts18,399,108
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.