Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#14888391 05/18/20
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
What's the fanciest dish you guys like to eat and or have prepared?

I don't eat out much, except on the odd occasion to get wings or a burger. Sometimes a steak, but by and large we just eat at home. My wife is a good cook, but is an outdoorsy gal and doesn't have the patience for anything long and drawn out in the kitchen so it's casseroles, crockpot, etc etc.

My daughter on the other hand has discovered that she loves loves loves making food. Mostly baking, but really just making food. Which is funny because she hates anything with flavor, i.e. spices like salt and pepper lol. Anyways, long story short when she started getting into the whole food thing a year ago or so I asked her to make some creme brûlée. I've never had it, only seen it in pictures but it always looked so good. Totally forgot about it, till Christmas time and on her list of requested gifts was a double boiler. I asked her why that? She said she needed one to make creme brûlée. Last night she finally made it.

Oh my goodness, talk about good stuff. Took her quite awhile as I guess it's an involved process, but I gotta say for now at least that's my favorite fancy food.

MAGA
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
You bought your little girl a gift so she could make a dish you’ve always wanted to try?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Yes.

MAGA
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Creme Brulee is really good. I like it too. My tastes run pretty simple, but on occasion I like lobster or scallops at restaurants. I would never fool with making something like that at home.

If I go out to a decent sit-down restaurant, I will order seafood nine times out of ten.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

I don't eat out much, except on the odd occasion to get wings or a burger. Sometimes a steak, but by and large we just eat at home. My wife is a good cook, but is an outdoorsy gal and doesn't have the patience for anything long and drawn out in the kitchen so it's casseroles, crockpot, etc etc.

My daughter on the other hand has discovered that she loves loves loves making food. Mostly baking, but really just making food. Which is funny because she hates anything with flavor, i.e. spices like salt and pepper lol. Anyways, long story short when she started getting into the whole food thing a year ago or so I asked her to make some creme brûlée. I've never had it, only seen it in pictures but it always looked so good. Totally forgot about it, till Christmas time and on her list of requested gifts was a double boiler. I asked her why that? She said she needed one to make creme brûlée. Last night she finally made it.

Oh my goodness, talk about good stuff. Took her quite awhile as I guess it's an involved process, but I gotta say for now at least that's my favorite fancy food.

Crime brûlée is my all time favorite desert. Been eating it since I as a kid because my mom made it all the time. Admittedly I’m kind of a food snob in that I do like “fancy“ food. And lucky for me so does my wife who is an excellent cook and enjoys preparing complex meals. Hell so do I on occasion.

There are a lot of recipes I can fall back on passed down from my folks and grand folks straight out of the old country which here in our country are considered “fancy”, but in Europe are really just staple dishes. I guess it’s just perspective.

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by deflave
You bought your little girl a gift so she could make a dish you’ve always wanted to try?

Yes.

Damn smart right there...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
not the fanciest but speaking of daughter baking - mine has started making homemade cinnamon rolls

holy cow are they good

and fattening

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by KFWA
not the fanciest but speaking of daughter baking - mine has started making homemade cinnamon rolls

holy cow are they good

and fattening

My daughter makes Guinness cupcakes - and yes it is what is sounds like. Holy Schit they are good...

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

A gift that just keeps on giving.

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Dryfly24

Crime brûlée is my all time favorite desert. Been eating it since I as a kid because my mom made it all the time. Admittedly I’m kind of a food snob in that I do like “fancy“ food. And lucky for me so does my wife who is an excellent cook and enjoys preparing complex meals. Hell so do I on occasion.

There are a lot of recipes I can fall back on passed down from my folks and grand folks straight out of the old country which here in our country are considered “fancy”, but in Europe are really just staple dishes. I guess it’s just perspective.

This ain't europe. Work week is more than 20 hours here. laugh

I get what you're saying. My grandmother spent quite a bit of time in the kitchen, the pressure cooker seemed like it was always going. But in the end the dishes were always simple and wholesome. Like auk1124 opined, I'd say my palate too is pretty simple.

MAGA
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I tend to be at the extreems. Bar food (burger/fries) or finer dining as available.

I dont do Chili's or Applebees etc. Finer is local stuff, local owner, non chain. 2 person meal with drinks is usually in that 80-100 range.

As fast as what I make that seems to be high end, only one dish. NY Strip with a bourbon pepper pan sauce and roasted asparagus.

Me

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Yes.

Narcissist.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by KFWA

holy cow are they good

and fattening

So long as my daughter is around, which if I have my say is forever, I'll not be slimming down. I have a hell of a sweet tooth.

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, perhaps there is hope for you after that bologna sammi idea you posted.

I toss stuff together, sometimes just what I have hanging around. Almost always turns out edible, sometimes fantastic. Look at the breakfast thread in the food forum for my latest "gourmet" omelette yesterday. Rarely use recipes.

My wife is the recipe person. Always fixing stuff from books. Sometimes fancy, but she has a bunch of "15 minute" recipe books too.

I love eating good restaurant food when I can. I can't make some Thai dishes, or do the fancy sushi stuff, so those are treats for me.

This is a treat for me too. Key Lime Pie, made fresh this morning, homemade graham cracker crust and everything. I have a hard time keeping the weight off with my wife around.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Someday I might try to make a Beef Wellington, then again, I'm retired and lazy and will likely just enjoy the wife's crock pot dinners.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Yes.

Narcissist.

I call it good parenting.

MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Damn that looks good

MAGA
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Tacos

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Damn that looks good

in the fridge setting up good.

After lunch dessert. Believe me, I can hear it calling my name from across the house.

'Oh Geeeenooo..............I'm over here...........I'm ready now.............."

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Live sex show dinner theater.
Summer 86
Karlsruhle Germany
50 marks entry and dinner
2 drink min, drinks like 20 mark apeice
Like 60 american total...
Dinner was like 7 table table spoons of blah blah blah on a plate and some fancy bread.

Last act was dude in a tux with a mickey mouse head mask.
2 chicks slobbing on his knobbin, one finished him off riding him cowgirl .

Went to german krautdonalds ate real food with quanity and drank cheap krautdonalds beer after partying all night.

Dated some polish jewish descendant chick up in chicago briefly after desert storm.
She made reservations at some swanky place downtown like 2 or 3 weeks out.
Wine her, dined her, 69 her.
Cost about 225 bucks
Same deal
8 9 table spoons of what the fugg ever on a plate.
Bottle of wine.
Blah blah blah.

Told her I had ta hit mcdonalds and get some food in my gut like
4 hrs afterwards.
She was a hottie.
Use ta rail the schitt outta her.
Kinda looked like Tori Spelling minus the bug eyes.

LOL!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
We eat way better at the house. Don’t know about fancy, we don’t set the table. 3 sets of multi generational fine china, it’s just for looks. 😃

We eat off of the mismatch yard sale dishes, paper towels, styrofoam.

A Southern woman lives here, fixes a killer Key lime pie, home made bread, apple pies, peach and blackberry cobblers, picked from a fence row. Fresh Strawberry Graham cracker pie, from the U-Pick patch 3 miles from the house lately, pecan pies, homemade cookies.

Then we got the 70 year old version of her next door, her mother. She doesnt do as much as she used to. She’s only good for a few scratch cathead biscuits on the weekends.

Crock pot going 3 days a week with something in it. Beans/ham, beef, chicken dumplings.

Nothing ‘instant’ someone is peeling potatoes a couple times a week here, usually me.

She hammers all this stuff out on her island in the middle of the kitchen.

THEN, she won’t eat any of it. She only eats broccoli, kale, okra tomatoes, and some country ham.

Big garden here, collards, green beans, sweet corn. cukes, okra, tomatoes, pepper, squash, onions. Freezers and canning jars by the hundred of product put up.

If something needs killing, grilling, or smoked, I’ll do all that.

We usually as a staple patty out fresh chuck and grill a batch of patties of someone wants to make a burger and head out to the deck and chill with the dogs.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 160user, 59 invisible), 2,506 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,165
Posts18,465,281
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.