Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
I can't carry enough stuff in a full size long bed so there's no way a Toyota will work for me.

Huh?

GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Tumda and don't look back.

[Linked Image]

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by MAC
Don't buy new. Buy one a year or two old and get the depreciation value out of the way. Every vehicle on the road is a used vehicle and so will a new one be as soon as the tires hit the pavement outside the lot. At that moment you just lost 25% of the value. Haven't bought new in decades for this very reason. You can get used with full warranties and save the 25% which on the price of new trucks is significant.

You haven't shopped used Toyota trucks lately.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
The emperor would appreciate buying a jap rig. They need the money over there.

A whole bunch of Americans are making a decent living building Toyota trucks here in San Antonio.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Silverado with 6.2 and the 3.42 rear end .

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Was in the same position a couple months ago. Test drove and ballpark priced everything initially. Came down to RAM or Tundra for me, landed on a 2019 RAM initially but dealer tried jacking me around after price was agreed upon and I showed up to sign. He did me a favor. Went with a 2019 Tundra 1794 instead, not disappointed in the least. Can't find anything to complain about 2 1/2 months in, 10 years down the road when I'm ready for the next one there is no doubt the Tundra will have held its value better.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by auk1124
I am really leery of the new Ford system that shuts the motor down when you stop. It may work fine, I dunno, but seems to me it would put a lot more wear and tear on the starter. Maybe I'm wrong.

The GM system doesn't shut the motor off, it shuts down a sequence of motor cylinders when you are out on the highway. I don't like it either, but there are ways to turn that system off. I don't know if the Ford system can be shut off

My Ford’s system can be deactivated with the push of a button supplied by the factory. My GMC’s system can only be deactivated by an aftermarket device that voids the warranty. Guess which I prefer.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by turkish

My Ford’s system can be deactivated with the push of a button supplied by the factory. My GMC’s system can only be deactivated by an aftermarket device that voids the warranty. Guess which I prefer.

Good to hear that the Ford system can be disabled. The plug-in Range box to disable the GM system doesn't void the warranty. Does cost about a hundred bucks though. Plug into the ODB port, done.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Remember a Tundra is still a half ton.

When the tailgate drops the BS stops.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not a truck but I was sitting in traffic next to a BMW SUV today, when we started rolling again it was apparent he had the auto shutoff design because the starter cranked for a moment right before he rolled. Sounded rough, BMW ain't Toyota or Honda, I felt bad for the guy.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
I wish Stihl made trucks.

It’d wear out a gorillas shoulder just trying to start the damn thing!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
I went from Tacos to Tundra about seven years ago. Absolutely no complaints. I enjoy a comfortable truck that works well and is fast enough to get in and out of traffic, etc. Also, it has enough towing capability for more than I ever want to haul which, historically, has only included boats around or just over 20 feet, 2-horse trailers, 12 foot Uhaul trailers loaded and flatbed trailers, not with heavy equipment, just farm tractors.Mileage runs 13 - 17 depending on how I drive it. I like vehicles that work well, gives me peace of mind. Traveling with a whole collection of tools and doing roadside repairs went out of style for me a long time ago. Goofy little schitt the dealer can't seem to get straightened out gets my blood pressure up. i'm really happy with my Tundra.

To mention too, the inside has enough room for the whole family plus my wife's little dogs in their dog crates. First time my FIL saw the inside of my first Tundra he said, "It's like a limo in here!"

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by turkish
Originally Posted by auk1124
I am really leery of the new Ford system that shuts the motor down when you stop. It may work fine, I dunno, but seems to me it would put a lot more wear and tear on the starter. Maybe I'm wrong.

The GM system doesn't shut the motor off, it shuts down a sequence of motor cylinders when you are out on the highway. I don't like it either, but there are ways to turn that system off. I don't know if the Ford system can be shut off

Yep. And it will get better mileage and have more power than a Tundra with the big EcoBoost V6 too.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Looked at trucks earlier this year.
Both the Ford and Chev 2019 trucks had the auto start/stop system that shut the engine off when stopped like at a light. Both had a button to disable it, but only for that driving session. Next time you start the vehicle you have to disable it again. This really aggravated me, as I knew everytime I started the vehicle and had to press the damn button I could thank Obama and the Democrats.

Found a low mileage 2018 that didnt have this idiotic system and bought that instead.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by Valsdad
I wish Stihl made trucks.

It’d wear out a gorillas shoulder just trying to start the damn thing!

Cranking that baby from the front would really suck

Well, maybe it would come with an Echo starter?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
After owning Tundras for the last 15 years, I made the mistake of buying a F150. There is absolutely no comparison as far as trouble free ownership is concerned. Fifteen years and 300,00+ miles on Tundras, never back to a dealership. Less than one year and 15000 miles, the Ford has been to a dealership for warranty work at least three times (is at dealership for warranty work as this is typed).
Last Tundra sold for $6000.00 less than purchased for after 5 or 6 years of ownership. Ford has gone down in value $9000.00+ in less than a year.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The lack of 'tech' is another reason I went with the Tundra. "but but but its a 13 year old design". Exactly why I wanted it. No engine shutting off at the stoplight. No cylinder deactivation when not under load. Big ol' fat knobs for the HVAC instead of push buttons on a touch screen. No turbo powered V6. Some may all be for that and worship at the alter of new technology, and that is fine. I don't.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by smarquez
Originally Posted by MAC
Don't buy new. Buy one a year or two old and get the depreciation value out of the way. Every vehicle on the road is a used vehicle and so will a new one be as soon as the tires hit the pavement outside the lot. At that moment you just lost 25% of the value. Haven't bought new in decades for this very reason. You can get used with full warranties and save the 25% which on the price of new trucks is significant.

You haven't shopped used Toyota trucks lately.

Exactly...I put 2 years and 20k on a 2017 and sold it for 37000 a year ago. I paid 40k for it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MAC

That used to be true, but recent years, it's just not anymore.

Do some looking.

A pickup...say an F150 Supercrew 4x4... say 2 years old an 20k miles on it.

Price it.

Then after dealer/factory incentives, price a brand new one.

The used one will be within perhaps a couple or three thousand dollars. And have less, or no warranty.

Clean, used, low mileage pickups bring a premium. If you can find one... It won't be significantly less than a new one, in my experience.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by duck911
Tumda and don't look back.

[Linked Image]

Poodle?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 1234, 11point, 10ring1, 68 invisible), 3,032 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,337
Posts18,468,690
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.