Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
No, not the surrender monkeys. Bullfrogs at my aunt's pond. Victims of the CDNN exclusive 10/22 target, my 10/22 stainless sporter and my CZ 457 Lux. Ammo was a variety of Winchester red box 555 round brick from 10 years ago, American Eagle and some random Federal load I dumped into the old red box. Highest frog was launched approximately 10' ft in the air from the CZ from about 10' away. Cousin had a good time away from wifey. Aunt is happy there's not so much noise from the frogs. I'm happy I shot the new 10/22 target and got it sighted in. Dinner and Dairy Queen was had with 2 aunts, 2 uncles, my grandmother and her "boyfriend." Went home, drank bourbon. Good times had by all.

And can I get a shoutout to Outdoor Limited? Not the cheapest place to buy .22lr but ordered a case of Aguila high velocity hollow point, copper plated, for less than $0.05/round before shipping. Ate it on shipping, but placed order on Friday, delivered from NC to WI on Sunday. Via "ground" FedEx. WTF. Would order again for shipping speed. Said shipping delays of 2-3 business days upon ordering. 3 hours later email said order had shipped. Roughly 48 hours later order received. 'Merica!!!

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
No invite?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Are you frying those frog legs?

RS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RipSnort

RS

Same question I was gonna ask.

We still have a bit before frog season opens up here. Found a couple good ponds in the last 2 days.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We pretty much hunted them into extinction on our farm ponds when I was a kid. Grandma would fry up the legs in her old iron skillet. Excellent eating! Good times as a kid.
I found that 22 short HP did the best job of anchoring them so that they didn’t jump back into the water when you shot them.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
We pretty much hunted them into extinction on our farm ponds when I was a kid. Grandma would fry up the legs in her old iron skillet. Excellent eating! Good times as a kid.
I found that 22 short HP did the best job of anchoring them so that they didn’t jump back into the water when you shot them.

We gig em or grab em.

Shoot one every once in a blue moon.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If we shot frogs in a place where we couldn't get to them, my last lab would retrieve them.

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by deflave
No invite?

In the mail...

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by RipSnort

RS

Nope. Pond is all farmland runoff. Surprised the frogs don't glow int he dark.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Morning gang, step up to a 25-20, or 45-70 ya can get lots of air time them. The 25-20 with 60gr flat points is the champ for longest hang time. The 45-70 didn't seem to make much of an improvement & when ya hit dead on ya couldn't find the frog just made a deep crater & im assuming the frog was at the bottom somewhere. I've used 30-40, 30-30, 32-20, 25 single, 223, 218Bee, & even bow & arrow & off course 22 rim in many bullet styles. Scopes aren't recommended, if yr to close the objective lens can take hits of mud & it's a biotch to clean the lens without scratching it. Try the just point & shoot for a challenge type shot, ya can get pretty good, & it helps on those point & shoot coyotes in the brush. Makes for a fun filled day, & if your on a river system take a lunch!! Ya can get caught up & end up quite far from home. Good fun with yer clothes on. Bill out. 🐾👣🇨🇦

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I just use a .22 caliber CO2 pellet pistol. Works good with flat nose pellets and head shot's. I don't want to blow them all over the place as I like to eat them.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Used to shoot bullfrogs with a .22 and fry up the legs. Manna from Heaven right there.

Any hollow point was good, but it hyper velocitys like Stingers were guaranted DRT. They weren't as accurate so we had to get closer, more loft on the little ones. whistle

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
they wont hurt you. we have been eating them out of the ditches around the tator fields for 30 years . we dont glow

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Back in the waybackwhens, the US Army Corp of Engineers came thru the area where I grew up, and straightened the creeks around the area, so the water would flow down the creeks faster and the farmground could dry out, increasing production. As usual, they fupped duck things to a faretheewell, and made things a lot worse.

However, when they straightened the creek beds, they left the old channels and those had all kinds of fun and wonderful things to shoot at, turtles, snakes, frogs, some fish that got trapped in there when the new creekbed flooded, you name it, there were all kinds of targets to shoot at. Dad farmed a field next to the old creekbed, and often times during the summer I'd ride along on the tractor with him when he went to cultivate the field. He'd be riding the tractor, and I'd be off in the shade, trying to wear out my Marlin 60/D4 Weaver scope (7/8" rimfire scope). I remember that stuff like it was just yesterday, and I did get a pretty good start on wearing out that Marlin, too. Snapping turtles were my favorites, but regular old snakes and frogs were not to be ignored. There were still a lot of trees along the old creekbed, so I'd pop a squirrel now and then, too.
It sure was a lot of fun back then. I miss the heck outa that.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 01Foreman400, 13 invisible), 1,352 guests, and 827 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,059
Posts18,463,249
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.