Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
I listened to the sports channel at lunch for about 5 minutes. They said not enough blacks are being hired. I don’t watch news or read the paper.

Is this true? I thought there were lots of black coaches.

GB1

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Coaches gotta be "woke" to their players.....

It helps if they are also educated enough to talk in English, strategize, communicate clearly, and know enough not to hold a handgun sideways.

Last edited by las; 05/18/20.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tony Dungy is the only one that has not been a joke. Unfortunately, pro teams hiring people that have to produce wins on the basis of color is a losing proposition.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by hanco
I listened to the sports channel at lunch for about 5 minutes. They said not enough blacks are being hired. I don’t watch news or read the paper.

Certain jobs require a great deal of physical ability. Others require a great deal of mental ability. I think there’s probably a clue there if we look deep enough...

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
Originally Posted by hanco

Certain jobs require a great deal of physical ability. Others require a great deal of mental ability. I think there’s probably a clue there if we look deep enough...

The NFL is to provide special incentives to those owners who fulfill this long overdue “need.”
2theadvocate.com Sports Section.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Tony Dungy is the only one that has not been a joke. Unfortunately, pro teams hiring people that have to produce wins on the basis of color is a losing proposition.

Mike Tomlin has been a great coach and leader. Not always as many wins as one might hope, but hey, ya can't win every game in the NFL.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The National Fookin League can KMA.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
NFL talking about a draft pick adjustment incentive program for hiring of minority (black) GMs or HCs.

GOA
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by las
Coaches gotta be "woke" to their players.....

It helps if they are also educated enough to talk in English, strategize, communicate clearly, and know enough not to hold a handgun sideways.

Thats asking quite a bit, considering the pool you have to pull from. Usually all they can do is play with a ball, snort coke and rape women.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Coaching takes a lot of time. High school coaches are there 12 hours a day plus. Maybe they aren’t willing to put the time in.

IC B3

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
There's plenty of white coaches and GMs who weren't worth a fuqk either. I know, I live in Michigan, home of the Lions. Russ Thomas, Wayne Fontes, etc, etc.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ya know, I started working 50 years ago, right about the start of Affirmative Action, and had to stand by while minorities (and women) were promoted ahead of me, without regard to test scores, performance, or ability, to correct the past discriminatory practices of my company. It cost me real money, and caused a lot of aggravation. They disciminated, no question, but we paid the real price.

Woulda thought, and hoped, that this nonsense would be over by now. Silly, silly me.

What fresh Hell is this?
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Dennis Green?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The release of prisoners during the pandemic should help alleviate that.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Target number should be 12.7% which is the percent of the American population. Any more than that would be racist, by the definition of racism.

The people that should sue for discrimination are the Latinos/Hispanics which are 17.8% of the population and not represented in the NFL at all. NFL should just send out checks to a boat load.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by benchman
The release of prisoners during the pandemic should help alleviate that.

Yep. Guess ole OJ could suit up. 😜

Last edited by chlinstructor; 05/18/20.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
They are over represented on the field.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Let them start their own league if they're not happy at the NFL

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

You as much about football coaches as you do returning property to the rightful owner.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Daveman

Mike Tomlin has been a great coach and leader. Not always as many wins as one might hope, but hey, ya can't win every game in the NFL.

Exactly

Camp is where you make it.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

347 members (1Longbow, 1lesfox, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 30 invisible), 2,732 guests, and 952 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,282
Posts18,467,767
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.