Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Not bank stuff, that is all done and easy. Mom's coffee table, dressers, lawn mower, kitchen table, '95 Buick, that kind of stuff? Sis lives in Montana and most of the stuff is just collecting dust down my basement. Sure, I can use the lawn mower and drove the car around for a few years. I had the fun of packing out 80 years worth of accumulated stuff between mom and step-dad 130 miles south of here and getting the house ready to sell. How would you handle it with your sister?

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
BP-B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'd propose that she come and gets what she wants, because by [insert date] the rest of its going to Goodwill.

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
With my sister, and I, with some difficulty. I hope you do better.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Blu_Cs
I'd propose that she come and gets what she wants, because by [insert date] the rest of its going to Goodwill.

This or a yard sale then goodwill

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

What he says.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yup.

[Linked Image]
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

+1. I agree. Make sure to document donations so you can take it off your taxes. Also, if any disagreement arises, you have proof.

The hard part for me was figuring out what has worthy of heirloom status. Also, when mom died, I suddenly got back all the gifts given to her over the years.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Windfall
Not bank stuff, that is all done and easy. Mom's coffee table, dressers, lawn mower, kitchen table, '95 Buick, that kind of stuff? Sis lives in Montana and most of the stuff is just collecting dust down my basement. Sure, I can use the lawn mower and drove the car around for a few years. I had the fun of packing out 80 years worth of accumulated stuff between mom and step-dad 130 miles south of here and getting the house ready to sell. How would you handle it with your sister?

I would ask her what she wants and tell her she can come get it or arrange for it to be shipped. If she says it's too far or expensive tell her you will sell the items and split the profit with her. If you think it will cause too much stress for you then take the junk to the landfill and donate the rest of it in your name and her name to a non-profit.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Don’t put squat into an estate! Lawyers love ‘em!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V

Yep, this

I was lucky when my mother died my brother and I lived close by and for the personal stuff like furniture, kitchen stuff, jewelry and clothes we just had a meeting at the house and came to a consensus that if he took some item then I would take some item, whether we wanted it or not, until most everything was spoken for and ready to move out of the house. What little was left was donated to charity. By doing this no one person was burdened with moving and storing the stuff so we could continue with the sale of the house and we each could later give it away in our own time.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If she doesn't want to come get anything in a timely manner have a yard sale, split the proceeds with her and send what doesn't sell to Goodwill. Pretty simple and it keeps you neutral............Well except for the work but you knew that was going to happen anyways. wink

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I have had the job of dealing with two estates! Both I ask the family to take things they wanted. Sold the rest including houses, and vehicles, and split the money equally among any heirs! Never had any hassles from anyone! Both estates had wills that made the job easy! Good luck with your endeavors!

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I don’t think that she is going to nickel and dime it and honestly a couple grand is worth it to me to keep a good relationship with sis. We will face-time this afternoon about it. I did sell the car for $2,500. and I’m using the lawn mower and snowblower. At this point in our lives we are both established and don’t really need any of it. With 2,100 cases of Covid-19 in the county, nobody is coming to look at anything off of Craigslist.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hanco

This or a yard sale then goodwill

These two....what we all did..

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As nicely as possible. Its not the stupid forms that decide whether an estate becomes fubar, its the relationships/attitude.

"What I was saying is if my kin folk 400 years ago had guns, we wouldn�t be having this conversation. I�m in favor of guns and encourage everyone I know to have them because the last time we didn�t have them we were abused.�
Rep.Mitchell.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Idk, my in-laws need to go ahead now and get a 20 yard dumpster brought out now while they’re still alive.

I think it’s extremely selfish of old people to fûck off that last 5-10 years of their life on the internet posting Zamfir questions and playing internet pongo and solitaire.

Leaving all the work to their grown kids(who have families of their own) to clean up their lifetime of hoarding peanut butter jars and People magazines.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Pops lives in same town as me.

Sis lives a few states away. Has nice house, top end stuff.

No way shed want or need the old mans lesser junk.
I dont want it either.

Gonna be a week of hauling chit to a dumpster.

Wil donate boxes of military history books to local library.
Keep the Janes ones though.
Could drag that crap to gunshows and listen to idiots as they rummage through piles, 2 for 10 bucks.

Take forever to move all of that. Hell theres 60 reloading presses in the garage. Cast iron mofos.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Try to make a list of anything that is personal/valuable/sentimental and share it with her. What you don't want is for her to remember something later and want it. And keep good records.
And remember, 10 years from now nobody will care.

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Im just gonna let her take whatever, then clear/ clean the house for sale. Split whatever it goes for 50/50.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Call her up and ask her if she still wants any of the stuff.

Set a time for her to get it,then after just give the rest away.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
87 members (10gaugemag, 99Ozarks, 257robertsimp, akshooting, 14 invisible), 1,647 guests, and 746 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,756
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.