Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by deflave
If a bike has full lights, signals, and horn it's going to be street legal in every state.

Some states don't have these requirements.

Maybe things have changed - you can put whatever lights/horn/signals you want on a offroad competition bike - walk the title into the title/tag place hand over your title and you'll leave disappointed - no tag . Unless things have changed which i highly doubt .
Florida use to be a place people in georgia and mississippi came to - to try and get a title changed to on road use . Friend was station here in fort walton got it done - later tried again - no go . That was 16-17 years ago .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Each state has it's own set of rules. I have been able to get full blown Motocross bikes with a street plate with a "Light Kit" Others are move stringent. 4 wheeler's are much more difficult. Normally not street legal.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by RAS
Originally Posted by gunzo
Originally Posted by RAS
Nice moped, but I like my Kawasaki better.

I took a lot of lunch money from kids who used to ride things like that. smile

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]ethanol stations near me

Man, I hope you're just joking. Cause a bully is about the biggest POS I can remember from my school days & hope you weren't one of those.

Just joking, lol. Never took a dime from anyone.

I hope I didn’t bring up some bad memories of you hearing your stomach growling in the school lunchroom. smile

Cool. I had no more trouble than most, just never liked seeing it. Just a peeve I guess.

Please resume Honda CT talk, neat bikes.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by smithrjd
Each state has it's own set of rules. I have been able to get full blown Motocross bikes with a street plate with a "Light Kit" Others are move stringent. 4 wheeler's are much more difficult. Normally not street legal.

Which state are you in - just curious ?

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
A bad one, CA for about one more year...

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Wow very surprised , thanks .

Posted by Bristoe
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Good place to find the "Classic" bikes however. The rest not so much. One has to read the DMV rules, most counter types have no idea.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MAC
If you want an off road bike get a ROKON.

And they make a street legal one now too!!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I liked the ST90 better. A lot lighter and easy to throw into the back of the truck and tie down as a spare tire in the desert.

Last edited by 257_X_50; 05/18/20.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Windfall
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I had one of the old 90's. It was grossly underpowered. 2 different times I had to unload deer because it couldn't pull it, even on roads. A 125 should be a big improvement IF it has a low range. If it doesn't I wouldn't waste my money.

RC, I don't know how big your deer are, but I pulled a fork horn and an 8 point out to the truck down a logging trail with a Yamaha 50cc Mini Enduro. The key is to get the head up as high as you can on the seat, so lots of it is off the ground. Darn 8 point punched a bunch of holes in the seat though. Admittedly I spent a lot of those 2 pulls on the rear wheel of that little bike, but it did it. If you want to haul deer or bears out of the woods, nothing on two wheels beats a Kohler engine Rokon.

Just a thought. I'm at 550' above sea level and elevation robs horse power and guaranteed that ID. is way higher than WI.
It's been a long time but IIRC, one deer was at about 6000' and the other closer to 8000. Neither was particularly large. Both times I had the deer across the seat and carrier and was sitting partially on top of it. One was on a trail and the higher elevation one was on a road to a mine. The bike just powered out. It had the high elevation switch but it didn't help enough.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I would want at least a 200CC bike like that.
My wife had a XL 125 that was a cool off road on road bike.Lots of torque and could go 65 on the highway.

Last edited by Huntz; 05/19/20.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Honda's write-up on it doesn't mention a 2 speed. Without that and with those street tires, it'll be useless in the mountains. It's just a retro looking street bike.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smithrjd
The new one, and the old one are a different kinda of riding, no hurry, where does this trail go? Lets find out. It will get there. Not fast, but fun. I have ridden for dang, 50+ years, raced Motocross and Enduro. Had many fire breathing monsters. Bultaco's, Husky's, Maico 501, Cannodale, XR650 with a HRC kit (700cc) etc. The little Honda is plain fun and relaxing. It doesn't break down, and gets about 100MPG. If it falls over or gets stuck I can pick it up. A lot of things to like.

That's it right there. If someone wants faster or more powerful, there are other bikes for that.

This is a pic of supposedly one of these new 125's and clearly shows the high/low range lever same as the old Trail 90 and 110.

Link to pic

Full article here

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Jim,

Thanks for that link.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by deflave
If a bike has full lights, signals, and horn it's going to be street legal in every state.

Some states don't have these requirements.

Maybe things have changed - you can put whatever lights/horn/signals you want on a offroad competition bike - walk the title into the title/tag place hand over your title and you'll leave disappointed - no tag . Unless things have changed which i highly doubt .
Florida use to be a place people in georgia and mississippi came to - to try and get a title changed to on road use . Friend was station here in fort walton got it done - later tried again - no go . That was 16-17 years ago .

I haven't heard of any state that won't license a bike that leaves the factory in a street legal setup. But I suppose it could be a thing.

I know in Montana it doesn't matter WTF you have. LOL. They'll let you slap a plate on it.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My first dirt bike was a trail 90.... at the tender age of 13.
It wasn't a cool bike for a 13 year old. Slow , bad suspension and my need for speed wasn't satisfied. That low range was good on the trails though.
At this stage of life I am thinking I would like this new version.

PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Speaking of way-cool retro bikes, this is a Royal Enfield, essentially '60's Brit bikes out of India with a few modern upgrades. Took these photos in Glacier NP this past summer.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

IIRC they do make 350cc thumper versions of everything, but the ones I've seen here have all been 500cc.

Had a buddy riding thirty miles to work on their likewise way-cool olive drab military version, but these mildly-tuned thumpers get out of breath running with interstate traffic, and they don't hold up as well in hard daily use like we have come to expect from the Japanese brands.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You bet. I've been reading everything I can on this 125 Hunter. Going to look at a clean CT110 on Friday and if we can agree on a price I might get that but if not I'll probably wait until they bring this new one into the States. After all that back and forth in the small dual purpose motorcycle thread this is exactly what I'm looking for.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
You bet. I've been reading everything I can on this 125 Hunter. Going to look at a clean CT110 on Friday and if we can agree on a price I might get that, but if not... After all that back and forth in the small dual purpose motorcycle thread this is really what I'm looking for.

I have been reading about them also but I have not found that image of the H/L transmission switch.

Would be great bike to have at the house.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
With the higher gearing on that 125, the low range could be pretty useful. Fully off road and off trail you want low end tractable power and that automatic clutch comes in real handy to just roll off the gas and grab another gear. With a clutch and too tall a first gear, you pull in the clutch, rev the engine and dig a hole with the too narrow rear tire or stall the engine.

I can't for the life of me imagine a street legal Rokon. The beauty (probably the wrong word for a Rokon) of these things is the implement tread wide tires and how slow and tractable they are off the road. Sure they do 35 or 40 top end, but with minimal suspension no one I know wants to go that fast on one. Lots of warts and moles on those first ones. Even my '76 Chrysler 2 stroke powered Rokon was a step above the early yellow ones. Mine was problematic starting in the winter and I had to keep that plug clean. And speaking of not being street legal!!! As a youth, we were going up north and I was going to take that Rokon. Well, to make sure that it ran well I took it on a carbon run before we left. Not being street legal the sidewalk seemed the logical choice, so off I went. When I pulled back into the driveway right behind me was a city cop with his lights on. He got out of his car stifling a smile and said "Young man I had you at 40 mph ON THE SIDEWALK!" Then he asked me if my father was home and thankfully he was. Not sure what dad said to the guy, but he came back out of the house shaking his head with that same stifled smile. Then he told me that he wasn't even going to write that one up because he wasn't sure how. I suspect it was conversation down at the precinct. Good memories on that bike. My Honda powered Rokon was better, but under powered. My Kohler powered Rokon is just right. We have lots of trees here and Rokons are narrow and atv's don't fit between trees.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 1234, 11point, 62 invisible), 3,010 guests, and 1,188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,340
Posts18,468,711
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.