Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I've been toying with the idea of getting some. But I wonder how they'd get along with the chickens. I do tveven care if they roost in the coop, but I'd like to get them to lay eggs in a nest box

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My youngest son just bought his house and is getting married in 3 weeks, 9 acres of pasture woods and yard. I would love to get him some to aggravate him 😀 , I just don’t want to tick off his neighbors

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
If I still had the acreage I’d be all over it. I think they’re cool as hell. And tasty to boot.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Cool azz birds. I want some in the worst way. But the HOA won't allow it, so I am out of luck.

Unless.........

Emotional support flock?

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by BigPine
My youngest son just bought his house and is getting married in 3 weeks, 9 acres of pasture woods and yard. I would love to get him some to aggravate him 😀 , I just don’t want to tick off his neighbors

Get him a peacock!

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by duck911
Cool azz birds. I want some in the worst way. But the HOA won't allow it, so I am out of luck.

Unless.........

Emotional support flock?

duck,

I didn't figure you as the HOA type.

Surprised they let you cook in the egg. You know, the smoke might bother some. Do you have to keep it out of sight from the road?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by woodmaster81

Get him a peacock!

And adopt a burro from the BLM out here.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Surprised they let you cook in the egg. You know, the smoke might bother some. Do you have to keep it out of sight from the road?

I had to send in a BGE color swatch for full approval.

Side note:

We actually bough the house, in part, because the title search came back with NO HOA.

We found out we were actually IN an HOA about 6 months later, when we got the first communique from the gestapo, that we'd been sent to collections for dues we never had any idea we had to pay.

It's been a battle to this day. Too many plucked duck feathers blowing around in the street. Elk can't hang from the maple tree. It never ends.

Azzholes.

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Side note:

We actually bough the house, in part, because the title search came back with NO HOA.

We found out we were actually IN an HOA about 6 months later, when we got the first communique from the gestapo, that we'd been sent to collections for dues we never had any idea we had to pay.

It's been a battle to this day. Too many plucked duck feathers blowing around in the street. Elk can't hang from the maple tree. It never ends.

Azzholes.

GD, I guess so.

I'd be in touch with one of Remsen's "tribe" if I were in that situation. Why do a friggen title search if the results don't mean anything.

Where we live, there's a good sized development, started back in the 70's when they split up a huge ranch or something. Had Erik Estrade doing commercials to sell lots at the time even. We looked into it and found some references to an HOA, then dug further and found some things like types of fences and such are no longer enforced. Folks have dead vehicles in the yards, etc. Assoc fees go toward plowing the roads in winter, grading in the spring, mowing the acres of unsold/abandoned lots, and the fire dept.

We got lucky and found our place a couple of miles down the road in another development from around that time with no HOA. Which works best for me. I didn't move far away from town to be told I can't put a garden where I want to put the garden.

Hope your battles go your way.

In it is contentment

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Thanks. Looked into legal options but the freedom to paint my house polka-dots and park the motorhome in the front grass wasn't worth the thousands of dollars.

It's been more fun to screw with them laugh

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks. Looked into legal options but the freedom to paint my house polka-dots and park the motorhome in the front grass wasn't worth the thousands of dollars.

It's been more fun to screw with them laugh

This is a fun read about a HOA.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/609731.The_Association

In it is contentment

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

You would think,the neighbors would like keeping the "tick" off...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Side note:

Azzholes.

Fhhhccckk HOA’s. Passed on quite a few nice houses because they were in them. And ffahhk peacocks! Noisiest friggin animal on earth..

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Nathan13
I've been toying with the idea of getting some. But I wonder how they'd get along with the chickens. I do tveven care if they roost in the coop, but I'd like to get them to lay eggs in a nest box

They can be meaner than hell to other farm fowl.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by woodmaster81

Get him a peacock!

When I was in high school, the dad of a friend was interested in having some exotic birds around. He heard of a guy who had peafowl not that far away. Sent my friend and I over to check it out. Guy took us into this enormous Quonset hut that was filled with peafowl. They all stopped to look our way. My friend decided to scream at them. They all screamed back.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 5sdad

I have a friend that has both, they share the same coop and get along fine, they were raised together.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by stxhunter

I have a friend that has both, they share the same coop and get along fine, they were raised together.

Same.

Chickens, Guinea's and ducks all raised together. They get along fine and share the same coop.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I love their eggs very tasty

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Same.

Chickens, Guinea's and ducks all raised together. They get along fine and share the same coop.

Friend of mine had some. When the white ducks would venture out into the yard to pick up the corn that Louie had scattered there, the Guinea's would come tearing out from wherever they were with great fury, pulling the tail feathers out of the ducks who were rapidly executing a strategic withdrawal.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I ran over a flock when I was in drivers ed last century. The coach thought we were gonna die because a van was oncoming. Spoiler: we didn't die but there was feathers and blood on the front of the drivers ed car

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 163bc, 12344mag, 204guy, 70 invisible), 2,640 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,541
Posts18,453,118
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.