Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by 19352012
Originally Posted by wabigoon
If there is enough, have a public auction sale.

I would have a huge fire before I had a sale. You can always make a couple grand but burning good stuff is something you don't get to do very often.

This. I told my sister when my mother dies, she can take what she wants, I'd like a few pieces of antiques but if she wants them ok. Then we'll burn the rest. I ain't spending time selling chit.

GB1

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by hanco
Originally Posted by Blu_Cs
I'd propose that she come and gets what she wants, because by [insert date] the rest of its going to Goodwill.

This or a yard sale then goodwill

+3 or 4 ... This is what my wife and her sister did for their uncle who had no children. 70 years of accumulation. Calls to the brothers, nephews and nieces. Other than a few fire arms, nobody wanted or had the room to take any of the other stuff. I made MULTIPLE trips to the dump on free days to clear the house and garage.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I had been executor of my parent's estate up until the time my Dad passed away, then my step-mom made my sister executrix. Prior to her passing my step-mother gave me one of my Dad's diamond rings and told me I could have any of his personal effects that I wanted. After she passed my sister took some items and I took a few agreeing to pay the estate a fair market value for the items. She gave our daughters jewelry that Grandma had promised them, after all that she called an auction company and had the rest of the estate moved to their location for auction. I went to the auction when their car sold and surprisingly it brought more than the auctioneer's estimate. The rest of the estate brought pennies on the dollar as expected ad there wasn't anything very valuable remaining.

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by slumlord
Idk, my in-laws need to go ahead now and get a 20 yard dumpster brought out now while they’re still alive.

I think it’s extremely selfish of old people to fûck off that last 5-10 years of their life on the internet posting Zamfir questions and playing internet pongo and solitaire.

Leaving all the work to their grown kids(who have families of their own) to clean up their lifetime of hoarding peanut butter jars and People magazines.

Good advice, just had one hauled off; it ain't cheap! Daily rent not so bad, but delivery of container, the haul off fee, plus the disposal fee...adds up to several hundred dollars real quick. But glad I didn't leave it for our sons to have to do. Still have a lot that needs to be gotten rid of while I'm able to do so.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gunswizard
I had been executor of my parent's estate up until the time my Dad passed away, then my step-mom made my sister executrix. Prior to her passing my step-mother gave me one of my Dad's diamond rings and told me I could have any of his personal effects that I wanted. After she passed my sister took some items and I took a few agreeing to pay the estate a fair market value for the items. She gave our daughters jewelry that Grandma had promised them, after all that she called an auction company and had the rest of the estate moved to their location for auction. I went to the auction when their car sold and surprisingly it brought more than the auctioneer's estimate. The rest of the estate brought pennies on the dollar as expected ad there wasn't anything very valuable remaining.

Around here people go bonkers at auctions. Even over mixed boxes of absolute junk. People bidding wars over piece of crap piles of tangled wire, ratty bathroom sink faucets, wooden step ladder, metal coffee cans full of rusty nuts n bolts.
Makes no sense and I do appreciate some things like farm junk but not a dresser full of granny panties.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Alls well that ends well. Sis and I talked at length yesterday afternoon and she was surprised that she got a check for more than she expected from the bank stuff. Right and reasonable is for me to write her another check for half the value of mom's car that I sold and riding lawn mower that I use and she was more than happy with that. I can send her some pictures of stuff that she might still like because she hasn't been back here for a while and forgets what is still here. It is a big load off my mind to have her all good with how everything has gone. Life is too short to be in as pissing match over just stuff with my only sister. Thanks for all the input on this guys.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (2500HD, 219 Wasp, 1234, 17CalFan, 22kHornet, 222Sako, 41 invisible), 2,659 guests, and 1,117 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,291
Posts18,467,947
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.