Hop To
Page 8 of 22 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 21 22
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Schmidtx2
Originally Posted by jackmountain
The world needs more unwanted children raised by incompetent, worthless phucqs. Like we don't have enough already....

Exactly

Exactly WRONG! It's not the babies fault. They don't deserve death. It's the communities fault for allowing worthless parents to keep their babies, particularly when there are lots of people out there who would love to have them.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Wanna see heads explode? Propose a law that says "Pro Choice" means you get to choose being on welfare or having a baby - but not both.

RR, you’d make a damned fine HEW Secretary !!

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by RickyD
The world needs more unwanted children raised by incompetent, worthless phucqs. Like we don't have enough already....

Exactly

Exactly WRONG! It's not the babies fault. They don't deserve death. It's the communities fault for allowing worthless parents to keep their babies, particularly when there are lots of people out there who would love to have them.

Ricky, it’s not so easy as we’d like to think that it is.

I flew back and forth to China for 9 years and on every return flight to the USA there were many couples returning with adopted Chinese infants.

Why ya reckon that is ?

Not meant to be a trick question.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by jimy
You go to school, you spend years studying, you finally pass the boards and then your job is killing babies , how or why would anyone do it ? Who and why does anyone sleep at night and drink coffee in the morning murdering babies ? Your girlfriend or wife knows what you do, you party with friends WTF !

How do these people sleep ?

Okay, first off I am no abortionist. I do not even know anyone who has had an abortion.

But as to how do THEY sleep at night?

Murder is, to most people, the destruction of a sentient being, a thinking mind, a soul. Without an active thought process, there can be no soul, there can be no murder. Thus, it is okay to pull the plug after the EEG has gone flat on the accident victim.

And we can slaughter chickens, hogs, cattle, ground squirrels, deer and elk.

And abortionists can do what they do and sleep well at night.

There are many who ask how we as hunters can sleep at night. It is a matter of perspective.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Wanna see heads explode? Propose a law that says "Pro Choice" means you get to choose being on welfare or having a baby - but not both.

or reduced funding....One child payday! A second child will incur a welfare reduction of $250 a month. A third child $500 is subtracted from the original handout.

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Exactly

I flew back and forth to China for 9 years and on every return flight to the USA there were many couples returning with adopted Chinese infants.

Why ya reckon that is ?

Ummm, better odds of getting a smart Asian baby then something that fell out of a ghetto drug rat? Snark, humor, grins

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Exactly

Why ya reckon that is ?

Ummm, better odds of getting a smart Asian baby then something that fell out of a ghetto drug rat? Snark, humor, grins

Huge tax credit........
Like 6 to 8k IIRC.
Had a major in Rotc that did it back in 05 06 time frame.

Same dude also paid for a enclosed pen buffalo shoot on some rez out west.
Literally a chain linked fenced in corral like they kept horse,s in prior to clients showing up to whack tatonka......

Last edited by renegade50; 05/20/20.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Exactly

Why ya reckon that is ?

I hear ya.

Over the years I talked with many of these adopters and the resounding theme was about the “process “ here in America. I know there’s reasons for such an arduous process but the folks I conversed with said it was grossly overdone.

Again, good reasons for it,,,,,,,,

Strange thing is that so very few of those Chinese babies ever cried during that long flight. Very rare.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by jimy
You go to school, you spend years studying, you finally pass the boards and then your job is killing babies , how or why would anyone do it ? Who and why does anyone sleep at night and drink coffee in the morning murdering babies ? Your girlfriend or wife knows what you do, you party with friends WTF !

How do these people sleep ?

Okay, first off I am no abortionist. I do not even know anyone who has had an abortion.

But as to how do THEY sleep at night?

Murder is, to most people, the destruction of a sentient being, a thinking mind, a soul. Without an active thought process, there can be no soul, there can be no murder. Thus, it is okay to pull the plug after the EEG has gone flat on the accident victim.

And we can slaughter chickens, hogs, cattle, ground squirrels, deer and elk.

And abortionists can do what they do and sleep well at night.

There are many who ask how we as hunters can sleep at night. It is a matter of perspective.

Equating children to animals is not a matter of perspective.

I can take the devils advocate side and argue damn near anything for fun, and often do.

This and rape are the 2 things I do not joke about or argue for fun.

Many milages vary on this. As evident everytime the topic comes up.

MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

I hear ya.

Over the years I talked with many of these adopters and the resounding theme was about the “process “ here in America. I know there’s reasons for such an arduous process but the folks I conversed with said it was grossly overdone.

Again, good reasons for it,,,,,,,,

Strange thing is that so very few of those Chinese babies ever cried during that long flight. Very rare.

A very good friend of mine has 2 chinese kids he adopted. Sweet kids.

My wife has a friend who has a couple russian adoptees, and a couple indian kids. She couldn't have any more after the first 2, and they had the means, ability, and desire to foster and adopt more. The process here in the States is brutal, and when you're talking tribal kids? Forget about it. They want someone else to raise them, but not adopt them because they want them on the rolls for the $$$.

MAGA
IC B3

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by efw

A “medical issue “, you say ?

Clearly it’s a medical issue for both patients; most often of much heavier weight for one than the other.

Yeah, like bacon and eggs. The chicken is involved. The hog is committed.

If it’s not “necessary “ then it’s not a medical issue. It’s a choice. That’s why it’s known as Pro Choice and not Pro Medical.

Jmo

I agree, "If it’s not “necessary “ then it’s not a medical issue. It’s a choice. That’s why it’s known as Pro Choice and not Pro Medical"

But then, my ancestors come to America is 1657 to have the freedom to make up their own minds. Who is in a position to inflict their moral beliefs on another?

Strange that anyone would inject the “morals” argument into stopping a beating heart of a defenseless human that has its own dna, separate of the host mother’s dna.

Who is in a position to inflict that upon another living being ?

I guess you do have the “freedom “ to kill the defenseless and dependent.

I don't consider a fetus to be human in the very early stages, at least for the first trimester. Certainly, it is a human in the third trimester. Perhaps we should consider a surgeon who removes a tumor to be a murderer as well, after all, he is removing a living tissue.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 1minute
The practice likely contributes to reduced welfare rolls to some degree. Probably get flamed, but I see it as a personal choice, whereupon if it's not me and mine, I have no say.

Humans have killed one another and every other species since the beginning of time over nothing but differences in opinion or greed. I see no shift in the near future.

Have not read anywhere near the whole thread, but Cookie and I did an early term procedure early in our marriage and college careers when we were living on the financial edge. Had we not done so, the unscheduled responsibilities would have required our withdrawal, and our income and experiences over the following 40 years would have been about one third of what we've actually accomplished.

Likely many similar experiences here, but few are willing to own up.

You're a brave man northern neighbor.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Adoptions would be much more common if it wasn't so expensive. I've heard of couples paying as much as $50k and 20 to 30k is common. There are millions of good solid couples out there who would love to adopt but they simply don't have the means. My question is, who gets all that money? Lawyers? Agencies? Someone has to be raking it in.

Well, having their own kid costs a bunch of money too. New clothes for Mom during the pregnancy, prenatal doctor appointments for mom and baby in womb, different nutrition for mom while pregnant, perhaps a larger apartment or house or a remodel of an existing room for a nursery.

And that's not to mention the actual medical costs of delivery, and the insurance costs (that are spread to you, me and the rest of those insured by the company).

If that $20-30K adoption cost is too much for them, perhaps they shouldn't be thinking about adopting even if they aren't capable of having their own kid???

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Personal responsibility is the best choice. Birth control and abstinence are readily available to all, perhaps better education of the young would assist them in their choices. Abortion should be available to victims of rape and where the mothers life is threatened but all profitability should be removed from the process.

If our society can reward mothers w/ welfare it should be able to make adoption available to any who qualify w/out obstruction. Pro choice should mean you have the choice not to have sex, or to use birth control. if raising kids is not part of your plan.

To attempt to say that any abortion does not result in the death of a human because of some imaginary time line is indefensible. With Rights comes Responsibility and choice is a Right.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I love how the pro choice argument works. Everyone gets a choice except the human that gets slaughtered.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by djs
I don't consider a fetus to be human in the very early stages, at least for the first trimester. Certainly, it is a human in the third trimester. Perhaps we should consider a surgeon who removes a tumor to be a murderer as well, after all, he is removing a living tissue.

It doesn't have alligator DNA. It has human DNA. Does it have a heartbeat? If so, it's a human being.

MOLON LABE
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

It all depends on what one holds sacred I guess.

We have no idea how things would have been if all them abortions had never happened.

There's some truth in that birdy.

Then again, one never knows what the doper that got shot robbing the store would have turned out to be if he/she had been given a couple more years to sober up and go to University.

One will never know what might have become of birds if "we" hadn't stopped using DDT. Perhaps other birds might have filled in? Perhaps there would be more fish due to fewer ospreys?

One just never knows, does one?

In my life I have learned that the Ten Commandments and Christian ethics ain't just about the next life, they are rules for happy living here on earth.

And an element of Faith is involved whenever we choose to pass up material gain by not lying, stealing or murdering.

So, did those millions of abortions save us from millions of welfare thugs? Well, life often turns out quite different than what we expected.

Even with those abortions, look where our society is going anyway, maybe its gonna be even worse than our worst imaginations of what things would have been like without abortions.

Mike,

I'm certainly not going to argue the point about the 10 Commandments and ethics. Those, and similar from other cultures, have served mankind in good stead for many a century. And me for a bit less time.

Don't know the complete answer to all of this. Faith? Yeah, I have it or I wouldn't be where I am today, wouldn't have lasted until my 40's most likely.

The argument can be made that for every "Einstein" saved from the abortion table there could be an aborted "Hitler" saved also.

Like I said, I don't have the answer..............and it appears it's not going to get solved here either.

In it is contentment

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Equating children to animals is not a matter of perspective.

That is your perspective.

They are not children until they are breathing absent a placenta. What they are destined to become, they are not yet.

It is no more morally wrong to withhold the sperm from the egg, than it is to flush the fertilized blastula from the uterus via an IUD, than it is to scrape a 1'st trimester fetus from the womb.

There is not yet a conscience. There is not yet a soul.

That is the answer to how they sleep at night.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Fireball2
All the myriad of issues we face as a society can be nicely packaged up and placed in one of two categories.

It's a spiritual battle and all issues fit into either the "good" or the "evil" box.

it takes no brain power whatsoever to figure out which box abortion fits into, for those not spiritually blinded by their own desires and selfishness. No surprise at all jackmountain can't see that.

It's no surprise you're simple mind can only see two boxes that everything must fit in. It's also no surprise you choose to overlook where you fall short of the literal teachings of the Bible but are first in line to point out others.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It quite fortunate for some people here that their parents cared more about the life on an unborn human than they do.

MOLON LABE
Page 8 of 22 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

612 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 1337Fungi, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 61 invisible), 3,351 guests, and 1,124 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,304
Posts18,468,097
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.