Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
H
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
H
Have a 10.5 palmetto pistol kit and I'm having some issue. The gun will only fire a single shot, cycle the next round, and then the trigger gets hung up on the safety mechanism. When the safety is moved from fire to safe, you can see the trigger move reward and reset. This is on top of the charging handle being bent and the front pivot pin being oversized to the point of not fitting threw the upper or lower. Not real enthused at this point, I just want to get it running. I'll field all questions the best I can. Thanks for the help.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I installed a couple of their triggers, and I quickly put aftermarket triggers in place. So it might be a good idea to get a quality trigger to see if that is the issue. That would narrow down the possibilities, and probably a quick way to make the rifle more enjoyable to shoot.
I have one of their pistol kits with a Geissele trigger, and never missed a beat.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you bought it complete from PSA, then send it back to them............you might get it back before the end of the year.

Too many things not right to waste time on unless you just want to buy parts & change them out on your nickel.

JMHO

MM

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
If you bought it complete from PSA, then send it back to them............you might get it back before the end of the year.

Too many things not right to waste time on unless you just want to buy parts & change them out on your nickel.

JMHO

MM

^ yep

H
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
H
I've sent 2 emails to them over the past two weeks with no response. In the beginning it was my full intention to return the kit, but I've yet to get a response for return shipping. I tried calling them and it was just an automated message referring me to there website. I know there busy, but 2 weeks should be enough time to respond to an email. That's why I'm where I'm at now. I've got the kit, I'm just trying to make it run.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The last dealing I had with them (years ago) got resolved by their retail location.

I called and spoke to the manager, then called back and shouted at him every day and promised to keep doing that until my issue was resolved. He got it fixed.

If you want to get it running I’d buy a new front pin and charging handle, then remove and reinstall the trigger.

Also, flame them on Facebook, IG, and AR15.com. That’ll probably get a return phone call.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
H
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
H
I got a pin and charging handle. I'll probably tear into the trigger issue this weekend. This is my first experience dealing with them and I'm pretty disappointed. I've read a lot of good reviews and they seem to always have good,prices, but it seems as though I ended up with a bill of goods. At least it goes off one time when I pull the trigger. Could be worse. smile

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Bet something is wonky in the fire control group.

Spring out of place or a part not to spec.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
The last dealing I had with them (years ago) got resolved by their retail location.

I called and spoke to the manager, then called back and shouted at him every day and promised to keep doing that until my issue was resolved. He got it fixed.

If you want to get it running I’d buy a new front pin and charging handle, then remove and reinstall the trigger.

Also, flame them on Facebook, IG, and AR15.com. That’ll probably get a return phone call.

This.

Additionally, go to their website and write a review of the item, provide the details and add some good color, you hope they are supplying the Taliban so our soldiers can stay safe. That usually gets their attention.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

639 members (06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1936M71, 68 invisible), 3,280 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,590
Posts18,454,293
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.