Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Looking for a family of 5 friendly UTV, Arctic Cat/Textron is not spoken of very highly in my area, everyone says Ranger or RZR. I see the Kawasaki models online and I kinda like the looks and price but I don’t know anyone who owns one.

Don’t care to hear about Honda or Can Am cuz they more than likely aren’t in my price range.

Any other brands that have surprised some of you all?

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The Mule 4010 Trans is a reliable little beater. faster and more capable than a golf cart. Cheaper than most other dual row machines like the Viking or Prowler Pro. If you want speed, this is not the machine for you. For farm use or cabin run around, it is great. For a family trail ride, it is better than a golf cart.

What does the family of 5 plan to do with this machine?

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I Was looking more at the Pro MX models. Mostly looking for something to cruise backroads and forest trails near our campground. Maybe taking kids ice fishing in the winter.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Deere

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
The mule is a super reliable and powerful machine. THey are not quite as "sporty" as the other brands, but I can tell you that they will be in the shop WAY less than the others. I know 4-5 people that have various levels of the Pro FXT models and they love them. Mine is super quiet and easy to drive for me and the wife and kids.

I knwo at least 15 people with rangers and over 10 of them have been the shop multiple times with front end problems and seals going out. you couldn't give me a Ranger.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I opted for built like a tank and slow. I went with a Kubota UTV 1120D and am satisfied with my choice. It’s a beast. I use it primarily for work.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AMoore141
The mule is a super reliable and powerful machine. THey are not quite as "sporty" as the other brands, but I can tell you that they will be in the shop WAY less than the others. I know 4-5 people that have various levels of the Pro FXT models and they love them. Mine is super quiet and easy to drive for me and the wife and kids.

I knwo at least 15 people with rangers and over 10 of them have been the shop multiple times with front end problems and seals going out. you couldn't give me a Ranger.

I'm looking hard at getting one of those Pro FXT models in the near future, mainly for the room and comfort. I do hear pretty good things on durability. The Pioneer 1000-5 looks more fun and more powerful, but not as roomy when you have 4 people.

Now with even more aplomb
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A

I'm looking hard at getting one of those Pro FXT models in the near future, mainly for the room and comfort. I do hear pretty good things on durability. The Pioneer 1000-5 looks more fun and more powerful, but not as roomy when you have 4 people. [/quote]

The Pioneer is a BAD machine......but I despise the back seat configuration on them....its probably the worst decision Honda ever made.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I’ve got a little mule that’s been great. A good friend has a mule pro and absolutely loves it

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
I have a friend or friends that own every model you can think of and if I was buying tomorrow, the Mule Pro FXT would be at the top of my shopping list. If you only need 1 bench seat, the Honda Pioneer 700 that I own, has been bullet proof as expected, and the price is very competitive or better than most. But if you plan to routinely carry 5 people, I would strongly suggest a 2 row model like the Mule Pro FXT. It will be more expensive, but you will regret not having room for your whole family.....

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I would not consider a mule a family fun vehicle. I have a 4010 mule and I love it but it is slow and uncomfortable. Its strictly for working around my property and does everything I want it to. They now have a very economical model but they seem underpowered.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT is a different animal than the 4010 mule. Drive both of them and you'll see what I'm talking about.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Don't be afraid of the Arctic Cat/Textron.....I have been running a 900 Stampede for 2 years in very ruff terrain of South East Ky ....... Our trails are steep and rocky and Muddy.....I Have replaced the battery that is it ....It has a very tight and smooth suspension and has loads of power...Would buy it again in a heart beat.......Before the Stampede I ran Polaris Rangers I had good luck with them....But prefer the Textron power train ........

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well I picked up a Mule Pro FXT this weekend and am looking forward to getting some good use out of it. The ride is cush, almost too cush, so I'll probably dial up the suspension setting a bit. Motor is quiet, steering is light, and it can seat 4 people and 2 dogs. Not a small machine, but also not the ultra-long wheelbase of a conventional crew cab. Also like the 3yr factory warranty. Power is adequate, but not generous, although I've not pushed it hard yet and won't until it has few miles on it.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This one is the Ranch edition, which is a bit jazzed up with the alloy wheels, factory roof, LED lighting, fancy paint and seats, and a Warn winch. It could sit up a little higher, so I may wind up installing a bracket lift to get the skidplates up a few more inches. Some good 8ply mud tires might also be in my future, as the ground is soft down here.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by JPro
Well I picked up a Mule Pro FXT this weekend and am looking forward to getting some good use out of it. The ride is cush, almost too cush, so I'll probably dial up the suspension setting a bit. Motor is quiet, steering is light, and it can seat 4 people and 2 dogs. Not a small machine, but also not the ultra-long wheelbase of a conventional crew cab. Also like the 3yr factory warranty. Power is adequate, but not generous, although I've not pushed it hard yet and won't until it has few miles on it.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This one is the Ranch edition, which is a bit jazzed up with the alloy wheels, factory roof, LED lighting, fancy paint and seats, and a Warn winch. It could sit up a little higher, so I may wind up installing a bracket lift to get the skidplates up a few more inches. Some good 8ply mud tires might also be in my future, as the ground is soft down here.

Pimptastic!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They were all out of the purple ones with curb feelers, so that was as close as I could get. Does anybody make a Holstein seat cover for these things? grin

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I didn’t end up buying any of the 5-6 seat models. I looked really hard at the Arctic Cat and Tracker machines but couldn’t justify the payment for a brand new machine.

I found a well cared for 10 year old Polaris RZR 4 that fit into the budget much better. I ride with my dad and he has the same machine but his is a year newer. Between the 2 machines we get everybody out on our weekend rides and have been having a blast with them.

My only complaint is that mine doesn’t have power steering, I wouldn’t know any better but dads machine does have power steering. And I need a longer winch rope.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
We had a Mule 3010 for about 10 years. They are great work machines but are not fast or especially comfortable. When we replaced it, I elected to go with a Kubota. Decision to change was primarily due to going with a Diesel engine and increased carrying capacity. As you might guess, ours are used primarily for work around the place. I’m too old to care about tearing around on the roads; however, I would recommend the Kubota as it is comfortable to drive and ride and can seat five.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I used a two seater diesel mule for years at work. It was abused and always did well. They are slower than a ranger or rzr.

“One thorn of experience is worth a whole wilderness of warning.” - James Russell Lowell
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My budddy has a MULE and it rides like crap and is slow as a mule.

"It's not the arrow, it's the Indian."

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 1234, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 52 invisible), 2,646 guests, and 1,142 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,503
Posts18,452,541
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.