any one wanna share the Seafoam home brew receipe

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

BP-B2

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
When I store my wife's Corvette for the winter I fill the tank with premium non-ethanol gas and treat it with STAR TRON. For storing 2-cycle engines I drain the premium non-ethanol fuel except for a small amount which I mix with a little Seafoam and run the engine until it is empty

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Better to cycle it through your vehicle and get new gas every so often.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
1, non-ethanol gas
2, sea foam
3, stabil

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

D
dave284 Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
This idea that gas goes bad in weeks is absurd.

Gas today is far better than it was.

No one says the words Gum or Varnish any more.

You must have better quality gas than we do. I agree that the six week figure I've saw on the net is crazy but gummed up carbs are still big business for some of the small engine shops around here. Just about a month ago I remembered that I hadn't emptied the can of gas for my push mower, just from the smell of it I wouldn't use it in a small engine. It had set since probably late August or early September in my garage out of sunlight. Dumping it in my truck to mix with the other 20 some gallons in it at the time wasn't a problem. Untreated gas I usually dump in the truck after about three months, including the two cycle fuel. With ethanol free gas so hard for me to get I'd like to be able to keep it for at least six months, preferably longer. The ethanol free gas will only be for the pre mix fuel for the saw and weedeater.

Those who are always shooting off at the mouth usually aren't shooting straight.

Build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

www.wvcdl.org
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
We will keep regular no lead for over a year.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

[Linked Image from images.homedepot-static.com]

[Linked Image from images.homedepot-static.com]

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The stuff we get seems to go bad in months.

I buy the middle grade and it does somewhat better but in small engines i use gas without ethanol.

That stuff seems to gum up in a few days.

Smells bad too.

D
dave284 Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by devnull
This guy has an excellent video on the topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEf9Fdvx_Sc

On that note, I have moved to non-ethanol fuel after replacing fuel lines and carbs on my small engines. I usually use Sta-Bil if it takes me a while to use the fuel. However, I always run my chainsaws and small engines dry when I know I won't be using them for a while.

That is a good vid but it doesn't talk about stabilizers, thanks for posting it. This one from the same guy does compare stabilzed fuels to non stabilized. I think it just convinced me to run the non ethanol fuel without a stabilizer. Or at least I can scratch Lucas brand off the list.

Those who are always shooting off at the mouth usually aren't shooting straight.

Build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

www.wvcdl.org
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I've joined the 90 octane, non ethanol, with stabil added when purchased gang.

My 4-stroke small engines include 2 atvs, lawn tractor, push mower, snowblower, 1850W portable generator, 2000W portable generator and a 13.5KW standby generator. Picked up a bunch of 5 gal gas cans (that I numbered!), and use them in order filled in whatever internal combustion beast needs it. The gas doesn't get too old.

The smallest generator and push mower are older, and used to use any old regular gas in them, so those got a couple tanks of premium with Seafoam to clean them out when I went to ethanol-free.

2-strokes are a couple of trimmers and two stihl chainsaws. Trimmers get the premix 50-1 fuel or my chainsaw fuel. Chainsaws get good gas with stihl oil. No stabil, but might add it to the regimen.

And so far everything starts and runs when needed.

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Stabil in my car that sets for 7 months, never ever had a problem, this car is now 17 years old w/ 75K, us it every winter.
I also put it in my riding mower for the winter and my snow thrower in the summer. It works for me.

"The older I get, the better I was"
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Terryk
I use canned gas sold at Lowes. No ethanol, and stabilized. Only problem it is expensive, but for lo use stuff like my weed wacker, it is problem free.

Me too, no trouble since I started doing that.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
When I worked for the village DPW we used seafoam to treat the gas in all our small engines. We had two parks and two cemeteries to mow May - Oct., Our mowers and weed eaters were stored away for winter after that and not used again until the following May. Never a problem with them starting right up again come spring. Just charge the batteries, fire them up and away they'd go. It has worked just as well for me at home in my lawn tractors, snow blowers, weed eaters and chain saws ever since.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Stored two boats and a RV from Sept till May every year for decades with no thought as to the type of gas in the tank. Never once had a fuel related issue in any of them. I still contend it’s a waste of money.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Sta-Bil and Seafoam, I have to deal with ethanol fuel. Depending on how long it is stored, nothing will really protect. Small engines getting the pre-mix for 2 cycles, and draining running dry for 4 strokes for longer storage.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by MikeL2
I've joined the 90 octane, non ethanol, with stabil added when purchased gang.

My 4-stroke small engines include 2 atvs, lawn tractor, push mower, snowblower, 1850W portable generator, 2000W portable generator and a 13.5KW standby generator. Picked up a bunch of 5 gal gas cans (that I numbered!), and use them in order filled in whatever internal combustion beast needs it. The gas doesn't get too old.

The smallest generator and push mower are older, and used to use any old regular gas in them, so those got a couple tanks of premium with Seafoam to clean them out when I went to ethanol-free.

2-strokes are a couple of trimmers and two stihl chainsaws. Trimmers get the premix 50-1 fuel or my chainsaw fuel. Chainsaws get good gas with stihl oil. No stabil, but might add it to the regimen.

And so far everything starts and runs when needed.

STIHL ultra HP 2-stroke oil has stabilizer in it.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by hanco
Originally Posted by Terryk
I use canned gas sold at Lowes. No ethanol, and stabilized. Only problem it is expensive, but for lo use stuff like my weed wacker, it is problem free.

Me too, no trouble since I started doing that.

If you have a Quick Stop store near you they have 90 octane ethanol free gas for about $2.40 gal. I buy 5 gal. at a time for all my small engines and add StabiI. I'm not paying $20 or more for Lowe's small engine gas.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I haven't tried it but PRI gets some pretty good reviews.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If it’s carbureted, it gets non-ethanol with Stabil 360 (marine use stuff). If it’s two cycle, also gets a splash of seafoam each fill up while in-season/use.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
First thing I never ever buy ethanol gas.
Every 5 gallon jug I get that fuels my small engines ( lawn mower, ATVs, chain saws, trimmers, blowers, generators etc,) gets treated with Stabil, Sea Foam, or Startron as soon as it arrives at my shop. Favoring Startron lately because it treats more gallons for the $$$ than Seafoam.
The last tank of the year in the boat and snowmobile also get a generous treatment. They are also stored in the off season with a full tank. All the others mentioned above are stored with whatever amount they happen to have in the tank.
I have no gas related problems doing this, so I am going to continue, snake oil or not.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
397 members (007FJ, 1lesfox, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 38 invisible), 2,359 guests, and 976 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,731
Posts18,400,902
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.