Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
All the stuff listed. Diphacinone is another which I have used successfully in the past. But it is not a single feeding toxin.

Google 2'nd generation rodenticides for more information.

The simple answer is, I also use "Tomcat" and their branded bait stations around and under the house. I climb into the crawl space and rebait about once a year. We have not gotten a mouse into the house in years, since I set up the bait stations.

"Tomcat" products are available from Tractor Supply and many other farm and suburban outlet stores.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
One More Bite II.

get it at the feed store.

Corn yellow colored bricks.

I’ve found nice dead within feet.

Buddy of mine used some in his boat. Found a big squirrel sized swamp rat dead in it. Bet it took a few more bites for him.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by CraigD
I have been using a product called ProZap. It is a first kill poison that won't harm the critters that eat the dead mouse or vole. It's available in 1# to 55-gallon barrels. A local feed lot turned me on to this product - they get the 55-gallon drums.

I buy the 8# container and it is usually good for two years. No issues with pets eating the dead critters...

Interesting, zinc phosphide.... Turns to phosine gas in presence if stomach acid. Acute poison. Not an anti-coagulant. Inexpensive.

http://npic.orst.edu/factsheets/archive/znptech.html

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 05/20/20.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I always thought it was more fun to trap them. Mice are easy.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
+1 In the past I've had good luck with D-Con, but this year It's been nothing but old fashioned mouse traps baited with peanut butter. Works like a charm. Only good mouse is a dead mouse.

IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

We all know advertising works, we just don’t think it works on US!
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Another smart guy. Use the chit that kills with one dose.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
I think I found the best bet yet, at least up at my cabin. I just take a 5 gal. bucket with a few inches of old anti freeze with some peanut butter stuck half way down the bucket next to the wood pile. I can leave it in the cabin so the coons don't tip over the bucket. The antifreeze keeps them from stinking too. I got 5 over the winter as of April 25th. I came back on May 16th and not one mouse third anywhere in the cabin and none in the bucket. I prefer to leave it outside but the coons smell the peanut butter.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I killed a cat one time with some Talon G toss packs.

When was I still in the exterm business. Wasn’t pretty. Guessing he ate straight from the pack.

Like the poor fugger was tripping straight balls bad acid trip. Chit cause the brain stem to swell.

Won’t ever put poison around our place any more.

I do exclusion, and trapping and the tar pit lol

Got a Rubbermaid tote in my walk in cooler all year long. It’s a mouse slayin mfer. Had on in there last week. Gawd it was ripe. Had to dish him with two fly swaggers. 🤮🤮🤮🤮

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Was out in the garage late last night. Had earlier cleaned a pistol and was reloading some ammo. Caught some slight movement out of the corner of my eye towards a cluttered area. Me and a sizeable rat had a staring down contest. I thought about reaching for my 9mm there on the workbench, but thought better of it. Neighbors would get curious, don't need a hole in the garage wall, have to explain to wife and M-I-L, etc., etc. Would be even worse in the unlikely event that I should miss or need multiple shots. Set a rat trap for him before going to bed. SOB tripped it and took the bait/midnight snack, probably laughing at me with all his buddies. Gonna reset it again tonight. I hate to use poison because if you don't find the body pretty quick, they stink up the place. They seldom die in convenient places. I hate rats.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Every once in a while I'd go on a poor man's safari. Every so often I'd spot a mouse in the garage while messing with something at the work bench. Knowing his "range" I'd set out an apple slice as my stalking goat. Then settle back in my "blind" with a pellet gun. Doesn't take long for the curious little beasties to reappear. Would be fun for a kid but does require a little patience.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I used to use a product called Hawk I believe, came in packets filled with blue kernels. Worked great but I cant find it anymore. Started using these yellow brick looking things and they seem to work. I've found a couple mice wandering around like they're drunk so I'm guessing they're 'bout to kill over. I sped up the process!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Uncle’s Keeshond was running around one morning while were prepping the route trucks.

Two of us were dividing some Diphacinone bait squares into keylock stations. Turn your head for one minute and that dog snatched a candy bar sized rod of “Di Blox” lol

Dog chewed it up really quick and swallowed it. It was green-apple flavored. Won’t lie, it smelled pretty good. Which is why it was meant for lock stations and shy rodents.

I got a bottle of peroxide and squeezed lavaged that whole pint down his piehole.

1 minute later, the gyrations started. 😃🤮🤮🤮

Looked like green bread dough coming out of dump truck.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Final (brodifacoum). The stuff has a ton of grain in the blocks, so rodents love it.

Google “Rat Island” (Hawadax Island in Alaska). Govt air dropped tons of brodifacoum on the idlsnd and cleared the entire island of rats.,

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (1eyedmule, 222ND, 12344mag, 2003and2013, 10Glocks, 163bc, 59 invisible), 2,538 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,159
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.