Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Anyone familiar with this relatively new Glock Model 48.
I saw it for sale used but in mint condition at a pawn/sport shop and started reading up on this model day before yesterday.
In short it is a 9m/m single stack 10 shot semi-auto Glock that's purpose in life is apparently to be slim and easily concealable and yet have a frame/grip that is larger than the Glock Model 43 and a slightly longer barrel.
My Model 48 has Trijicon "Night Sights" and came as new in the box.
In my brief bit of research I ran across a very interesting "You Tube" video where in two fellows decided to take a brand new unfired Glock Model 48 to their range and "torture test" it by firing 1,000 (one thousand!) rounds through the new Glock as fast as possible!
I have included a link to this entertaining video - among other things it answers the question "why do people in the know buy Glock"!
In short if you don't want to view the 10 minute video the two fellows ran 1,000 (one thousand) rounds of three different types of factory 9m/m ammo downrange from the blazing hot little pistol and during all of that firing they had (filmed and documented!) 1 (one!) stove-pipe!
That, my fellow CampFirers, is notable and commendable performance from a brand new pistol!
The "stove-pipe" came on round number 344 and appears to me to have been a result of "limp wristing" (one handed hold during this "clip-full"!).
Anyway I have one now and may start "packin heat" as it is of pleasing dimensions and came with a Ky-Dex belt holster.
Now to decide on some "personal protection" ammo for it?
Any suggestions?

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQFGEOVF2ek

Long live Glock!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
124 gr. +P or 147 gr. Federal HST or Speer Gold Dot.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I juuuuust put a 43x together for myself. I tried some different sights but settled on the Ameriglo Hackethorn and 3 shield arms mags. 15 in the little mag is AWESOME.

The sights are not listed to fit the 43x or 48, but measured out the same as the factory sights.

This is scratching an itch for me.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
You might want a couple of these 15-round flush-fit magazines. They are selling fast when available.

https://shieldarms.com/glock-43x-48-15-round-mag

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Get the metal mag release if you want to run the shield mags. I bought 3 mags and the release for 130ish.

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I love my G48!!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I bought a Glock 43X (same gun with shorter barrel) as soon as they came out with the all black ones. Loved it in concept, but for some reason this is the only model of Glock that gives me slide bite. After two range trips, and web of hand cut up both times. I put it up for sale.

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
The Real Hawkeye: My Model 48 is the two tone model (silverish upper).
Yikes on the self induced injuries - were you initially holding the pistol wrong or did the injuries occur after several rounds were fired in a row and the grip changed during firing?
Sorry this happened.
I have bigger hands myself and will watch out for this.

Nebraska: I to am impressed with what I have seen of it so far - I still have NO 9m/m ammo on hand!
I think I own two other pistols in 9m/m caliber but have no ammo on hand!
The 40 S&W caliber has me mesmerized for the time being.

MontanaMarine & High country: Thanks for the information and tips on the "extras" I had no idea of their existence.
Thanks again.

MOGC: I have used a LOT of the Speer Gold Dot ammo in the past (357 and 40 S&W) maybe I will look some of that up.
Thanks.

Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Good snag VG Glocks are indeed some hard-running pistols and that’s a nicely configured concealed pistol for sure.

I run the Federal Premium 124 HP +P in my Glock 26

https://www.ammunitiontogo.com/prod...mm-federal-le-tactical-hst-124gr-hp-ammo

But have thought the 147 GR stuff looks great too. Hornady Critical Defense is always worth a look as well.

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Efw: Thank you for those suggestions - I am headed for my local gun shop right now.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
VarmintGuy, I tried all sorts of modifications to my normal grip, but to no avail. It always left two tracks of bleeding wound on the web of my hand. Not so with the original 43, or the 42, and certainly not for any of the normal thickness Glocks. Mystery.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I really like my 48. I find I carry it alot more than my bigger pistols. It fits in a backpack well. I carry 2 magazines and dont feel underpowered.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
The Real Hawkeye: Dang and that scraped skin on the hands has lots of nerves (and pain) to it.
Puzzling the "littler" Model 43 didn't do that - I am busy Hunting Varmints and Spring Bear and after the bear season is over I will get this Model 48 dialed in.

Bwinters: On the rare occasions I pack either my Glock 22 or 23's I carry one extra high capacity magazine on the other side of my body.
Let me ask for clarification do you carry a total of 2 magazines (one in gun and one in pocket) or do you carry a total of 3 magazines?
I watched another longer "You Tube" video on the Glock 48 - they were impressed as well with it and its handiness.

Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gents, I ran a couple hundred gold dot 147s on top of 5gr of power pistol and some factory 115s to see how the hackethorn will regulate.

The sights are listed as fitting all the bigger common glocks but not the single stacks. They work great for me. Rear has about .035" of slide beyond the sight on each side and elevation was as good as i can shoot at 25 and 50 yards.

If you haven't tried these sights, they are the greatest I've used for a gun that needs to have night abilities but accuracy during light is important.

All rounds were fired from the s15 mags without a problem but they are a biche to load 15 into.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
2 total - 1 in the gun, 1 in my pack or pocket.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy

Any suggestions?

Long live Glock!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

It's too bad you could not wait for double stack version of this gun to show up in the shop. Glock 19 is only 4mm thicker (Gen 5 6mm due to flared grip base) and 82grams heaver. You get rail for light mounting plus higher magazine capacity in same size pistol.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
124grn Sig VCrown hollow points for me

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
I just got a 48 a month ago. It has become my new favorite carry gun. I ordered three of the Shield 15 round mags. I'm going to test them out Tuesday. I have to conduct a handgun qual for one of our employees so I'll stay after and function check all three mags before I start carrying them. I carried a Glock 22 for years and still have mine. After a month with the 48 on my hip, The 22 languishes in the nightstand.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I'm eager to shoot the G48. I have large-ish hands, but I prefer a slightly thinner grip on a pistol. My pair of EDC pieces include a G43 and a G45. I love the G43. The G45 is a great tool and not uncomfortable, but not near as comfy to me as holding the G48. I got one for my wife. Only Apollo pieces were in-stock, so I ended up getting her a Robin's Egg blue version. I (we) hope to get out sometime soon to shoot it. And as I joke with my friends I ask, what's worse - getting into a gunfight with an Easter egg-looking pistol, or losing a gunfight to an Easter egg-looking pistol?

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Slavek
It's too bad you could not wait for double stack version of this gun to show up in the shop. Glock 19 is only 4mm thicker (Gen 5 6mm due to flared grip base) and 82grams heaver. You get rail for light mounting plus higher magazine capacity in same size pistol.

Slave,

Handle one at your local dealer... far from the same size.

And with the aftermarket 15 round magazines it has the same capacity as the G19.

Your right about the rail for mounting a light though... Believe Streamlight makes a light for it, but I doubt it is easy or quick to remove.

Jerry

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
If I try another EDC it's going to be the 48.

May replace my Shield.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U

Any suggestions?

Long live Glock!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

You just proved that you are great at googling on the computer but have no real world experience. Two, totally different feeling guns. The 48 (and 43x) are big sellers among women who feel the 19 grip is just a little too big.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Slavek comes from a LONG line of dumb fugk.

LOL

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by deflave
If I try another EDC it's going to be the 48.

May replace my Shield.

I'll bet it does. I love my 43x, and will own a 48 when a used one floats through the shop.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
I have a 48 two-tone from when they first came out and Glock said they weren't going to make any all-black ones. I wished that I had waited but it's no big deal.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by UPhiker

Any suggestions?

Long live Glock!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

You just proved that you are great at googling on the computer but have no real world experience. Two, totally different feeling guns. The 48 (and 43x) are big sellers among women who feel the 19 grip is just a little too big.

There is nothing wrong with having small hands.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
XXL golf gloves and I can pound away with a G43X like a hammer. It is a fantastic platform.

The 43X and the 48 are damn good designs. Give me a .40S&W in a G48 sized frame and I'm good for a lifetime.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
FYI slavek is a troll.

She likes to pretend she shoots every now and again but she’s just here to cry about Trump and the lack of dick in her life.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
As you join the ranks of the Illuminated Illuminate of the owner of the Miraculous Farce known as the 9MM you will be forever grateful of its ability of chasing you down and having its way with you.
As it gives you the pleasure you so richly deserve in a Bohemian manner of worldly pleasure, lay back and bask in the joy of the unbridled passion it flings on you over, under around and through.

Last edited by glockdoofus; 07/12/20.

I AM THE GOOD FRIEND OF RENEGADE50.
HE MENTORS ME.
HE PUNISHES ME WHEN I AM WRONG.
HE CALLS ME OUT WHEN I AM LYING.
HE CARES GREATLY ABOUT ME.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
FYI slavek is a troll.

She likes to pretend she shoots every now and again but she’s just here to cry about Trump and the lack of dick in her life.

Since she talks in grams and millimeters, I'd say they live somewhere that they can't even own (or touch) a handgun.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by glockdoofus
As you join the ranks of the Illuminated Illuminate of the owner of the Miraculous Farce known as the 9MM you will be forever grateful of its ability of chasing you down and having its way with you.
As it gives you the pleasure you so richly deserve in a Bohemian manner of worldly pleasure, lay back and bask in the joy of the unbridled passion it flings on you over, under around and through.

Yeah....whatever

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
FYI slavek is a troll.

Speaking of trolls...

Originally Posted by glockdoofus
As you join the ranks of the Illuminated Illuminate of the owner of the Miraculous Farce known as the 9MM blah blah blah blah.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (222Sako, 160user, 10gaugeman, 1moredeer, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 65 invisible), 2,485 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,115
Posts18,464,455
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.