Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I would find it a bit strange to see so much support for a poacher on a hunting site, if it was any other site than 24 Hour Campfire. No surprise here. GD

BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by deflave
Cockfighting rooster growers down here shoot the heck out of raptors, had a kid come in and show me him, his brother and his dad holding a shotgunned adult baldie by the outspread wings.

That's a really smart thing to post.

Can you tell us more?

Yes, after they found it laying on the ground, they reported it immediately.

Same kid used to work vacations as a jockey on the other side of the Border, I always used to call him El Gallinero. Honors student, good kid, went off to college, ain't heard from him since.

He was luckier than another kid anyhow, freshman year this other kid did a project on radishes, for the rest of his high school career I called him El Rabanero smile

Ever have a kid do a project with eggs?

Wouldn't want to have to call him El Huevon, would you?

(El Blanquillero just doesn't sound right)

Senor, there’s some cultural subtleties one has to tread around carefully.

But way back when in happier times when preparing breakfast it used to crack my Ex up when I’d hold up a couple of eggs and say in my best Telemundo baritone....

Hola Senora, tengo dos huevos blancos grandes!. smile

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Cockfighting rooster growers down here shoot the heck out of raptors, had a kid come in and show me him, his brother and his dad holding a shotgunned adult baldie by the outspread wings.

That's a really smart thing to post.

Can you tell us more?

Yes, after they found it laying on the ground, they reported it immediately.

Same kid used to work vacations as a jockey on the other side of the Border, I always used to call him El Gallinero. Honors student, good kid, went off to college, ain't heard from him since.

He was luckier than another kid anyhow, freshman year this other kid did a project on radishes, for the rest of his high school career I called him El Rabanero smile

Ever have a kid do a project with eggs?

Wouldn't want to have to call him El Huevon, would you?

(El Blanquillero just doesn't sound right)

Senor, there’s some cultural subtleties one has to tread around carefully.

But way back when in happier times when preparing breakfast it used to crack my Ex up when I’d hold up a couple of eggs and say in my best Telemundo baritone....

Hola Senora, tengo dos huevos blancos grandes!. smile

Llenos de sabor........................

no doubt

Yes, one must watch those subtleties.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by greydog
I would find it a bit strange to see so much support for a poacher on a hunting site, if it was any other site than 24 Hour Campfire. No surprise here. GD

But you fail to understand that it is not actually poaching when one is killing the predators of actual edible game.

This nation has spent $millions over the last couple centuries in the attempt to eradicate apex predators to protect this nations food supply. Then they turn around and spend $millions more to reestablish the apex predators for no more good reason than the furtherance of the disarmament of American Citizens.

Wolves on the endangered species list????LMFAO!

Let's move a couple hundred of the bastards into Central Park NY. That was historical habitat.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Hey Jim, are you one of those throwing the poison hot dogs out?

Why...are you worried you might suck one?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

It's a wonder if the McMichaels don't show up and kill him.

You should change your handle to Subaru Forester.

LOL

Why would you do that?

I'm calling you a lesbian.

You could amp the insult up by, `Subaru Forester with a CVT transmission Lesbian'

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I'm with those who say the guy should be locked up.

My issue with the suspect is that he killed these animals because he could and liked doing it. He was not killing to protect his livestock, pets, or family but because he found enjoyment doing so. Substitute "neighborhood dogs" or "kids" for Wolves or eagles and most here would accuse the suspect of being an up and coming serial killer and be clamoring for his head. Many would also sing a different tune if the suspect was killing game for the fun of it versus feeding their family due to economic hardships.

I am not anti-hunting of wolves, far from it. The biggest problem with the ESA is the absolute and total protection given to the organisms placed on it. I do try to consider motivations behind an individual's actions before praising or condemning that person. In this case, based on the info given, I am not going to jump on his bandwagon.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by tmitch
Wish they'd catch the SOB that's been throwing out poison meatballs over by the UP/Wisconsin border. It's killed several dogs along with assorted wildlife. I don't get the wolf hate

You got that going on up there too, eh? Seems to be popular with the anti crowd. They don't care nothing about about killing other peoples dogs and anything else that gets in their way.

I can see where there could be a problem using poison on public property.

Life is good live it while you can.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by woodmaster81
I'm with those who say the guy should be locked up.

My issue with the suspect is that he killed these animals because he could and liked doing it. He was not killing to protect his livestock, pets, or family but because he found enjoyment doing so. Substitute "neighborhood dogs" or "kids" for Wolves or eagles and most here would accuse the suspect of being an up and coming serial killer and be clamoring for his head. Many would also sing a different tune if the suspect was killing game for the fun of it versus feeding their family due to economic hardships.

I am not anti-hunting of wolves, far from it. The biggest problem with the ESA is the absolute and total protection given to the organisms placed on it. I do try to consider motivations behind an individual's actions before praising or condemning that person. In this case, based on the info given, I am not going to jump on his bandwagon.

This^^^^^^

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Birdie—they fight roosters in Puerto Rico in the naked spur—some fights last for hours. In Mexico they fight in the short knife—most fights are over in seconds. Briton and America they fight in the Gaff which is right and proper.

My first thought on the charges 18 wolves in 18 months shows some serious skills.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

But you fail to understand that it is not actually poaching when one is killing the predators of actual edible game.
This nation has spent $millions over the last couple centuries in the attempt to eradicate apex predators to protect this nations food supply. Then they turn around and spend $millions more to reestablish the apex predators for no more good reason than the furtherance of the disarmament of American Citizens.
Wolves on the endangered species list????LMFAO!
Let's move a couple hundred of the bastards into Central Park NY. That was historical habitat.
It is easy to support wolves in a place where they aren't killing your animals that you own or hunt. Especially if said wolves are causing trouble for people such as hunters or farmers whom you are already against. As to dogs being shot, I was friends with a local (now deceased) veterinarian that was known to say that most dogs that got shot deserved it. I love dogs but dogs can pack up and do really bad stuff. It has brought me to grief with 3 different good friends when I told them what their dogs were up to and the need to stop them. Now I don't mention it.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Sometimes even a poacher has more common sense than emotional politicians who have absolutely no business dictating wildlife management laws.

Because something is the law, doesn't make it right.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I read a news release that indicates the man was using traps and snares. That may be the reason for the eagles getting killed. Non target species often get into traps. The eagles very well could have been by-catch.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I'm guessing he knew he was breaking the law. He got caught. There is no Constitutional right to kill protected species. No sympathy from me. He's a big boy who knew the consequences of his actions when he engaged in them.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Ain't an eagle out there don't need Killin. Ain't nothing but glorified vultures ..they should be managed like every other predator

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Even I don't bat 1000, but I'm still batting above deflave.

if you can anybody can

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Hey Jim, are you one of those throwing the poison hot dogs out?

Why...are you worried you might suck one?

Its a compulsion for her.

I am MAGA.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Sometimes even a poacher has more common sense than emotional politicians who have absolutely no business dictating wildlife management laws.

A lot of experts on wolves here who have never even seen one. Not surprising.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by callnum
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

A lot of experts on wolves here who have never even seen one. Not surprising.

LOL.

Careful. Your ignorance is showing.

Again.

Not surprising.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
UP deer herd devastated. Not safe to take your dog into woods. They terrorize livestock. Snowflakes and tree huggers may want wolves, I would like to see them all dead.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
643 members (01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 70 invisible), 2,778 guests, and 1,378 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,654
Posts18,399,211
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.