Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Any recommendations on a good weather station that I can keep at my cabin. I would like to record rainfall for at least 7 days, no WiFi there, and need a decent wireless range meaning 100 yards or more

Thanks!

I am one gun away from happy
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I had some pos from Lowe’s scientific atlanta or something like that.

Had the anemometer, temp, that data panel inside on the nightstand. All the sensors were on a pole 70 ft from the house

Squirrels chewed my fins on my anemometer. The thermometer crapped out after a year.

Thought...why in fugg am I even doing this, who gives a shît...

If I need to see how much it rained, I just go check my wheel barrow

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a Davis vantage pro2. Been good...

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Last edited by baldhunter; 05/21/20.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
NOAA weather radio is a lot cheaper

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I run a Davis Instruments 6250.

I've been extremely happy with it.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Davis Vantage Vue here as my main unit. I also have another cheap one I use in the kitchen, but it doesn't measure wind or rain.

The Vantage Vue runs on solar and backup battery in the send unit, battery or A/C in the receiver. It records temp, humidity, wind, rain, and baro daily, with month and year totals.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
WBAY channel 2 mostly. Our weather girl can't hold a candle to some of those girls on Rockinbbar's 5/17 weather girl thread. They are all cheese eaters up here you know, but I don't need to drop big bucks into a rain gauge because I do have a weather rock that turns black and trees that wiggle in the wind. Ammo and guns seem a higher priority. A friend of mine put it well one deer season when I was agonizing over the moon phase, barometric pressure, cloud cover and wind direction. He said, "What the hell does it matter? You are going to be out there all day anyway, right?"

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
We were given a LaCrosse Technology unit for Christmas last year. First I asked for a complete owners manual by email since I don't have a printer, so they sent me an email with a link to the manual. I replied, reminding them that I don't have a printer and never heard back from them. I later emailed them that according to relative humidity readings from the local NWS station and other websites, the outside humidity reading is nowhere near correct; never heard a word back from them. This was before Covid-19 shut down customer service at a lot of businesses. Based on customer service alone I wouldn't buy anything they sell.

Increasing my post count so people will buy stuff from me
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
I had some pos from Lowe’s scientific atlanta or something like that.

Had the anemometer, temp, that data panel inside on the nightstand. All the sensors were on a pole 70 ft from the house

Squirrels chewed my fins on my anemometer. The thermometer crapped out after a year.

Thought...why in fugg am I even doing this, who gives a shît...

If I need to see how much it rained, I just go check my wheel barrow

slumdude,

You are never going to make it as a "real" man, as described in the recent thread on such.

Real men know, inherently, that when a wheelbarrow is empty it is ALWAYS put in a position such that it doesn't catch rain.

Get you azz down t'the Depot and getchu a Homer buckit for catchin' rainwater.

Geno

PS don't be tellin' me you ain't stepped foot in a HD for 40 years either.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have a LaCrosse, model C84428 deal with wind, rainfall etc on it. Couple of years old now and so far no real issues. Have had to clean spider webs out of the rain gauge as we can go a month or more without any measurable amount.

Don't know if it has the range you want. My rain gauge is only about 60' from the monitor unit, the anemometer is maybe 80 feet. Like someone else mentioned, mine records temp, wind, and rainfall by "now, last hour, 24 hrs, week, month, and yearly"

I could have it bluetooth info to my computer or phone if I was technologically advanced and needed that.

Good luck finding what you need.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Analog weather station

Or Anarock

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

635 members (06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 1234, 160user, 61 invisible), 2,308 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,619
Posts18,455,052
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.