Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Shoot those bowling pins outside and put them at 25 yards and see how your time is. Then go to 50 yards and see how your time is. Then go to 100 yards and see how your time is.
Be sure to post that important video. Videos are important such as speed videos and bullet test videos, I am greatly distressed when no bullets are shown. Stressed Distress is not good it ruins my whole day.
I couldn't even get my gun up to eye level in the time you shot all your pins.
Many accolades, applause's, hurrahs, and "at a boys" to you.

I AM THE GOOD FRIEND OF RENEGADE50.
HE MENTORS ME.
HE PUNISHES ME WHEN I AM WRONG.
HE CALLS ME OUT WHEN I AM LYING.
HE CARES GREATLY ABOUT ME.

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Waders
Originally Posted by deflave
How are you guys getting an accurate time in those conditions? It seems like the enclosed spaces would make it hard to run a timer for each shooter.

We don't use timers. It's a double elimination format, and each match is shot head-to-head. If you win your match, you advance through the bracket.

The winner of each match is determined by the guy whose last pin hits the ground first. (I made reference to times in my post to give an idea of how fast you'd have to be to win at my club.)

Gotcha. That makes sense.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by cwh2
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Do you want to know who says "Slow is smooth and Smooth is fast"?

People who are trying to avoid a massive clusterfuck while working with a bunch of un/undertrained people?

True chidt right there.. ^^^

***and who are trying to sound way smarter than they are.

If you want to avoid a cluster, don’t cluster a bunch of incoherent Yoda gibberish together.

Just say, “Go slow for now.”

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jwp475

To me Smith means no wasted Motion, moving as fast as you are capable of without attempting to go faster than you are capable of

That's another part of the equation.

Getting different brains to understand what the instructor is saying.

Not saying your interpretation is wrong, just that not everybody hears what the guy next to him heard.

And that’s the problem with instructor-speak. Everybody hears the same words and walks away understanding something different.

It’s a legitimate problem in the industry.

What if I got a group of cluster-prone shooters on the line and just told them, “We’re going to start slow. Make sure you execute each part of this movement perfectly and take the time you need to do that.”

Then actually do your job as an instructor and evaluate the students and fix problems.

Then say, “Guys, now we’re going to go a little faster. Focus on executing the technique correctly, but move as fast as you can.”

Then fix problems.

Then, “Now we’re going to speed up out of your comfort zone. The technique may suffer a little, but that’s OK for now. We’re going to work at this speed and discover where our problems are. If things go wrong break the technique down into smaller pieces and we’ll figure out where the problem is and work through it together.”

Then work them back down to a speed at which they can execute the technique before they leave.

That’s how you train people. But that’s more difficult than shouting catch phrases in a red shirt and calling out the next string of fire.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
^^ Well stated Blue.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by jwp475

To me Smith means no wasted Motion, moving as fast as you are capable of without attempting to go faster than you are capable of

That's another part of the equation.

Getting different brains to understand what the instructor is saying.

Not saying your interpretation is wrong, just that not everybody hears what the guy next to him heard.

And that’s the problem with instructor-speak. Everybody hears the same words and walks away understanding something different.

It’s a legitimate problem in the industry.

What if I got a group of cluster-prone shooters on the line and just told them, “We’re going to start slow. Make sure you execute each part of this movement perfectly and take the time you need to do that.”

Then actually do your job as an instructor and evaluate the students and fix problems.

Then say, “Guys, now we’re going to go a little faster. Focus on executing the technique correctly, but move as fast as you can.”

Then fix problems.

Then, “Now we’re going to speed up out of your comfort zone. The technique may suffer a little, but that’s OK for now. We’re going to work at this speed and discover where our problems are. If things go wrong break the technique down into smaller pieces and we’ll figure out where the problem is and work through it together.”

Then work them back down to a speed at which they can execute the technique before they leave.

That’s how you train people. But that’s more difficult than shouting catch phrases in a red shirt and calling out the next string of fire.

That's how it's done with athletes and how we train horses.
Get the technique correct and then add speed

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by MOGC
Here is one of my favorite drills...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ggWV06GKmWU

I’m just getting serious on this stuff and gonna run this Monday morning at the range with homemade targets (ordering real ones through Amazon).

Great info here guys thanks!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wouldn't really consider that a "speed" drill, more of a consistency drill.

If you've got 2.5 seconds for the draw and 2.5 seconds for each reload, that leaves you with 13.5 seconds to fire the remaining 18 shots, which is a shot every .75 seconds. None of that is fast at all, but it can be very hard to keep everything together for 21 consecutive shots that you actually have to aim for.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
What’s a good drill you’d recommend? El Presidente?

I’m open; just learning this stuff but having a great time with it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like that one. It was much more challenging than it appears. I think it’s just more of a “nerves” evaluation than speed.

Bill Drills can be useful for learning to go fast and Accelerator is frat for learning to apply that speed on demand.

*ETA-You can also skip the reload in Accelerator and make it a 10 shot drill, especially if your main focus is to work on close speed.

Last edited by Bluedreaux; 05/21/20.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
El Presidente is a go-fast drill but there’s so much involved (a draw, a turn, four transitions, and a reload) that it’s hard to use that one to just learn to go fast.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (1936M71, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 10ring1, 51 invisible), 2,302 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,550
Posts18,453,577
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.