Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
This is the second incident in just a fews days, earlier a goofy woman got in the park when it was still closed and backed off into a hot pool trying to take a selfie.

A bison knocked a woman to the ground on Wednesday afternoon after she approached the animal too closely near Old Faithful in Yellowstone National Park, park officials said.

The park did not specify in a Wednesday news release the extent of the injuries, but said that the woman declined transport to a medical facility.

The injury is the first such incident of the year, and comes two days after the park's re-opening, which was belated due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Park officials say that people should stay at least 25 yards away from large animals, including bison. They advise people who come upon animals to turn around and go the other way in order to avoid getting too close.

Wednesday's incident remained under investigation, according to the national park.

Last year, a bison in Yellowstone tossed a 9-year-old girl into the air, injuring her. The animals injured at least two people in 2018, one in 2017 and five in 2015, according to the Associated Press.

[Linked Image]
GB1

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by jnyork
This is the second incident in just a fews days, earlier a goofy woman got in the park when it was still closed and backed off into a hot pool trying to take a selfie.

A bison knocked a woman to the ground on Wednesday afternoon after she approached the animal too closely near Old Faithful in Yellowstone National Park, park officials said.

The park did not specify in a Wednesday news release the extent of the injuries, but said that the woman declined transport to a medical facility.

The injury is the first such incident of the year, and comes two days after the park's re-opening, which was belated due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Park officials say that people should stay at least 25 yards away from large animals, including bison. They advise people who come upon animals to turn around and go the other way in order to avoid getting too close.

Wednesday's incident remained under investigation, according to the national park.

Last year, a bison in Yellowstone tossed a 9-year-old girl into the air, injuring her. The animals injured at least two people in 2018, one in 2017 and five in 2015, according to the Associated Press.

They should investigate the woman for her cognitive abilities.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Stupid should hurt.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The ones that fall into the liquid hot magma are favorite stories.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/heal...4-94a7-11ea-87a3-22d324235636_story.html

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Tourist Stew.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Last year...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looks like that little girl stuck the landing. Nice parenting, folks.

Read "Death in Yellowstone" for more dumbassery.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Demonstrated clearly that there are two classes of people in this country; those who need big brother to keep an eye on and provide for them, and those who don’t.

That lady deserves a governess like Whitmer, as do so many in this country.

Of course if stupid hurt more (you think she found a take-away from her non-Disneyesque experience?) we wouldn’t need any despots at all. Darwinian law is a real tyrant...

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
I read that story several days ago, the woman was in Yellowstone illegally since it was closed, was trying to take a selfie at Old Faithful and fell in to the thermal pool.
Then, she drove 50 miles before she got caught by Park Rangers, and then airlifted to the burn unit.

I bet she doesn't do that again. If she survives. To figure the chance of survival, you take the percent of the body with 2nd and 3rd degree burns. Let say that is 50 percent. Then you add to that the person's age. Let's say this stupid gal is 30. Her score is 80. She has an 80 percent chance of dying.
But, not right away, no that would be too easy. Might take 3 or 4 days, or even weeks of agonizing suffering before she dies.

I worked many bad burns as a paramedic and it is a horrible way to die. I don't know how she managed to drive the 50 miles to Mammoth Hot Springs. I drove that same road a year ago, twisty twisty curvy road.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Last year...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B3

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Play stupid games....

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery - Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Water can't get any hotter than it's boiling point but some of the water in those pools has been under pressure and has a vastly elevated boiling point. I've read that it can be as hot as 400F. It's like a massive pressure cooker.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Have you been injured in Yellowstone Park ?......... You couldn't possibly be THAT stupid. It MUST be the government's fault...... Just dial 1-800-PARASITE and our law office will show you how we can help.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I’ll be there in a few weeks. Wish me luck... grin

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by slumlord
Last year...

LMFAO!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Water can't get any hotter than it's boiling point but some of the water in those pools has been under pressure and has a vastly elevated boiling point. I've read that it can be as hot as 400F. It's like a massive pressure cooker.

Water can easily be gotten hotter than "its" boiling point. To prove it, put a glass of distilled water in a microwave and heat it far longer than required to boil. The first bit of agitation will virtually empty the glass. Easily superheated.

Also the electrolytes in the thermal springs elevate the boiling point of plain water.

The instant the pressure comes off the water it comes shooting out from the force of steam bubbles below. Because of the latent heat of boiling (phase change) the energy taken from the water when the steam formed is available at the temperature at the depth the steam formed (roughly) minus the pressure lost due to ordinary P=V/T laws... yeah, it can be hot.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by slumlord
Last year...

Fuggin hilarious, Slum !

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
November 2016

https://www.express.co.uk/travel/ar...spring-hot-box-yellowstone-national-park

Authorities have revealed the 23-year-old man strayed off the designated path at Yellowstone National Park to search for a pool to bathe in.

Colin reached down to check the water temperature of one of the pools but he slipped and fell in.

The pool was about six feet long, four feet wide and 10 feet deep.

A report has revealed rangers found Colin’s body floating in the pool that same day but they were unable to retrieve it due to a lightning storm.

Deputy Chief Ranger Lorant Veress told KULR-TV there was nothing left of the body when they returned to retrieve it.

He said: “In very short order, there was a significant amount of dissolving.”

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Darwin Award Winners !

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Re: Stonecutter's post.

He looks like a sensitive guy, I'll bet that he was very tender after simmering in near-boiling water for that long. eek smirk

John

Last edited by jpb; 05/21/20. Reason: fingers faster than brain without caffeine
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (1337Fungi, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1234, 17CalFan, 55 invisible), 3,342 guests, and 1,115 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,296
Posts18,468,010
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.