Hop To
Page 11 of 30 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 29 30
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by m_stevenson

Hell, I grew up with 5 sisters. I learned a long time ago, and stopped reading as soon as the post went past a couple hundred words. Anything more than that is just noise.

200 words is where you drew the line—you did have 5 sisters.

lol

My years of experience and suffering taught me that a female runs out of pertinent speech at about that level.
Anything more than that and it’s just abuse of noise ordnances.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
BP-B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by md44815
Indy you're almost spot on what we have heard from others on this topic for the ricochet and splatter. As well as the noise. That is why Code Enforcement was brought into the meeting with our attorney and that is exactly one of the reason the Attorney General referred us back to code and zoning because gun ranges at his caliber which are considered sport shooting/rifle ranges are not exempt in Florida for noise unless they meet the NRA standards for Florida and he does not meet them at all...

Florida is also one of the few states that does not have any distance parameters in their legislation. It was explained to us that is was written so loosely ( you literally need an acre that's it in Florida) because most gun owners are responsible and most would never do this. We have heard from every branch on the state level that there is no case like this to even reference because most people have common sense to know this isn't safe and it's suppose to be up on the ballad this fall. If you research Florida and that statue 790.33 you will see there are several litigation cases around it because of how poorly it was written. County's sued the State over it and last July the first county won and that my dear is how we found our attorney, research research and research we wanted a firm that had the knowledge and already had a case on this topic and WON against the State. I can say the Partner of that firm gave us the best referral who knew for our position and she took us on collectively as several households. My house just happens to be the first in line of fire. We met with a few attorney's before we retained her, there was a local guy we were really leaning towards as well that I trusted but our attorney sits on the Florida Bar Association Council for land use and with the guidance of the firm on the Statue issue she was great pick for us all.

So what will haappen now? It's one thing to have a complaint but what's the plan to win?

Apparently it's to create an account on 24hourcampfire and convince a bunch of strangers that she's not crazy.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Somebody’s sock puppet.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

I have taken to NEVER clicking on any link on this forum ever again.

Nope, not going to do it.

kingston has started a phenomena

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Most of the noise from a supersonic projectile comes from the sonic boom,

Haven't worked in the pit behind the targets at a rifle range have you?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by horse1
Originally Posted by md44815
From the end of his berm ( his hole since he has no upper berm ) I am 200 feet from there so I'm 200 feet away if he shoots over his target, yes I get he has a 100 yard range so he is 300 feet further down but show me a range anywhere that allows you to shoot a 50 BMG with no upper back stop between you and a house? They don't exist and that 100 yard is taking for granted he is standing at the end of the 100 yards as well. 200 feet isn't very far at all if you miss... that's coming through our home

The 200’ was the distance at which you were experiencing a hearing loss. The shooting seems to be happening @ 500’. Are you having hearing loss @ 200’ or 500’?

This has nothing to do with Bullets or ricochets, this has to do with you claiming hearing loss @ 200’ but the shooting seems to be happening @ no less than 500’.

Explain.

Once again...I repeat...the loudest noise from any supersonic bullet does not come from the gun. It comes from the projectile making a sonic boom. The projectile comes within 200 feet from her house.

Wrong

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
All I know is I'm upset. Troubled in my mind.

'flave gives me grief if I use a couple of paragraphs and yet for Misty all she gets is a compliment about her hair.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by dassa
come on 24hourcampfire and convince a bunch of strangers that she's not crazy.

Mission failed, incoherently!

Opposing council would love to get this gal on the witness stand, IF it is actually her.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

I have taken to NEVER clicking on any link on this forum ever again.

Nope, not going to do it.

kingston has started a phenomena

It's ok to click, geno. Nice milf package for 40+. Somebody needs to notify Jorge of the tatas! wink

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle

'flave gives me grief if I use a couple of paragraphs and yet for Misty all she gets is a compliment about her hair.

PM your hair pics to flave.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ironbender

PM your hair pics to flave.

Duh.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I think she is probably more worried about the ricochet deflating her assets!!!! 😂🤣

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So. My subconscious boiled it down to this over the course of the evening. Does freedom mean freedom to do whatever you want or freedom to live amicably within society? Or what should it mean?

Consider this definition lifted using Google:

A private nuisance is a civil wrong; it is the unreasonable, unwarranted, or unlawful use of one's property in a manner that substantially interferes with the enjoyment or use of another individual's property, without an actual TRESPASS or physical invasion to the land.

(This concept comes from really old English common law. And being a civil wrong an injunction may issue. Though in practice not so clear when you add facts, circumstances, expert opinions and weigh competing interests.)

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
It's HIS property, He can do as he pleases (within the confines of the law) Same as hosting a party or working on a truck.
A long as there'e no ricochets or stray rounds landing off his property, he's within his rights.

Neighbors cannot dictate how one acts on their property, Period....

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Hancock27
It's HIS property, He can do as he pleases (within the confines of the law) Same as hosting a party or working on a truck.
A long as there'e no ricochets or stray rounds landing off his property, he's within his rights.

Just because it's the law doesn't make it right. I wouldn't want someone shooting towards my house from 500' away.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TrueGrit

Just because it's the law doesn't make it right. I wouldn't want someone shooting towards my house from 500' away.

and without a brem, shooting down into a hole don't cut it.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's HIS property, ....

Is it really? Our system of laws evolved from the English system of laws. The land belonged to the king. The favored few were given certain interests in the land such as inheritance, all at the whim of the king. Can I declare my little quarter acre the state of Me and open a bar and grill and cat house? After all it's my land - no LEOs allowed.

OK, that's absurd. But just what powers are conferred by "ownership?" And by whom?

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We have cut n paste jockeys on here that post crap 5 times longer than MistyKat’s novella.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 700LH

Everybody should go to a machine gun shoot and watch the ricochets skip over the mountains. They don't go miles horizontally, but they sure don't have any problem going a few hundred feet over the top of a hill. I'd hate to have a 750gr or even 150gr bullet drop on my head.

Politics is War by Other Means
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by 700LH

Everybody should go to a machine gun shoot and watch the ricochets skip over the mountains. They don't go miles horizontally, but they sure don't have any problem going a few hundred feet over the top of a hill. I'd hate to have a 750gr or even 150gr bullet drop on my head.

Nailed it! He is using steel targets as well

Page 11 of 30 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
673 members (1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 77 invisible), 2,902 guests, and 1,419 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,670
Posts18,399,478
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.