Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
There have been at least ten times more people fishing around here than normal because of the "plandemic". Is that everywhere?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They closed down Lake Mead and Lake Mojave and the State Parks during one of the most productive fishing periods of the year so not much fishing was going on here. They just opened things back up on the 15th but I haven't been able to clear the schedule for a fish trip yet. Hopefully this next week I'll be able to hit the water if the wind cooperates.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Don't know about fishing but there's been a hell of a lot more people out in the state forests hiking, walking their dogs, bird watching and whatnot than usual. Normally don't run into anybody out there other than during hunting season.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
We experienced the same thing in 2008/9. Lot of unemployed people went fishing back then. Today, there are a lot of unemployed people and lot of them have more money than those back in 2008/9.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell
There have been at least ten times more people fishing around here than normal because of the "plandemic". Is that everywhere?
That's the way it is here. It sure seems like most of the fish are being kept too. I wonder what the impact will be.

IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Went spring Chinook salmon fishing yesterday. 4 keepers in the boat. It was raining side ways and gusting winds. Everyone quit fishing very early and went home....... except for us. Thank goodness for fair weather fisherman

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Lakes were locked until this last week, fishing at a few farther lakes caused crowds. Record number of campers the last month up on the rim, people everywhere, dispersed camping only as the campgrounds were closed.

Kent

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Fishing on the colorado river between lake mohave all the way to Havasu as been very busy, even before the 15th. Boat traffic is holiday weekend busy every weekend and some week days.

Deserve's got nuthin to do with it- Willam H Munny
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Glad I took a second look. Initially I read the title wrong - I inadvertently replaced the "h" with a "t" in the word fishing.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Shad are running here, along with striper.

Combat fishing on the feather....

Sac river is good for striper.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lake trout are in shallow water up here right now.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

One other boat in sight. smile

Ted

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I had a conference call with my peers all across the country yesterday. This was a topic of discussion. Along the East coast boating and fishing activity seems much higher than normal. On the West side, not as noticeable. Florida said they are seeing "4th of July" type crowds on the water.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
beaches here mon and tues looked like spring break. boat activity looked about normal.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good ol' boys with cabin fever, needing some time outdoors.

Glad they are fishing. But I bet they'd rather be working again.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Don't know, don't go to lakes around here, the kung flu flu fugged my nilgai hunt for this year, I was going to stop by and drop your reel off. crazy

Trump Won!
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
The ramps have been busy here. Sometimes it was tough to find a spot to fish from the bank. But with stuff reopened mostly I’ve noticed a thinning of the crowds. I just wish they’d have taken all their trash with them instead of leaving it on the banks but that’s normal around here.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

I had a conference call with my peers all across the country yesterday. This was a topic of discussion. Along the East coast boating and fishing activity seems much higher than normal. On the West side, not as noticeable. Florida said they are seeing "4th of July" type crowds on the water.

Originally Posted by stxhunter
beaches here mon and tues looked like spring break. boat activity looked about normal.
Same here around Morehead City. Boats and people pulled up on sand bars and fishing...

If it ain't broke don't fix it!!!!!!!!!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Some of the big ponds here next to the south side of Lake Ontario see lots of shore fishing this time of year. Looks about normal except there are now signs up reminding folks about social distancing. Starting to see Lake Ontario charters getting back into the swing of things, too.

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks ~ Now I'm hungry for fish!

Actually I could eat fish 3-4 nights a week.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Good ol' boys with cabin fever, needing some time outdoors.

Glad they are fishing. But I bet they'd rather be working again.

Those poor souls, wishing they were at work. I'm sitting at a lake in SD as I type this. There is no one out. I'm beside the marina even, zero action in there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

630 members (2500HD, 222Sako, 12344mag, 1234, 160user, 204guy, 58 invisible), 2,320 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,619
Posts18,455,018
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.