Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Is there any real differences is their accuracy? They cost about the same.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

BP-B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I've used both in different platforms. I've have 3 Wilson barrels; One was bad. I have one Criterion and it shoots every bit as good as my cut-rifled barrels. Granted it's a small sample but pass me the Criterion every time.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Of those 2 I would always go with the Criterion.

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Sounds good to me.

805 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a preferred and it’s been shooting extremely well and machined very nice and smooth when chambered.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Criterion as a rule,are exceptional. Wilson as a rule,ain't. I've herds of both. Hint.

Have a PBB on order,due concise communications,but cain't/won't speak to it,until it's too hot to touch. If only in fairness however,they were great in relating details and I weren't/aren't pissed,that they say they will throat/clearance necks to a supplied Dummy round. I clearly stipulated intent and it was received with welcome arms,which is a shift from mainstays. Hint.

'Course I'll recount the findings,once the spout arrives,if only to connect dots by default. Hint.

I spelled out particulars,if only to connect dots. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Though in fairness,nothing is fhuqking funnier,than a Texan trying to talk rifles.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Cooper uses Wilson, so they can't be too bad.

Nothing wrong with Criterion either.

A lot of "cheap" barrel choices these days that usually shoot just as well as their high dollar cousins.

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Criterion as a rule,are exceptional. Wilson as a rule,ain't. I've herds of both. Hint.

Have a PBB on order,due concise communications,but cain't/won't speak to it,until it's too hot to touch. If only in fairness however,they were great in relating details and I weren't/aren't pissed,that they say they will throat/clearance necks to a supplied Dummy round. I clearly stipulated intent and it was received with welcome arms,which is a shift from mainstays. Hint.

'Course I'll recount the findings,once the spout arrives,if only to connect dots by default. Hint.

I spelled out particulars,if only to connect dots. Hint.

Though in fairness,nothing is fhuqking funnier,than a Texan trying to talk rifles.

Hint.

Well hell there Stick, just taking your advice. Picked up a SWFA 10x42, seriously planning to order a Criterion barrel for a 6MM CM build, not using a Model Seven action I already have to use a M700 (mostly because I want to use a TriggerTech trigger) and will without doubt use a lot of the Hornady 105 gr. BTHPs in it's 1-8 twist barrel. Interesting you are using a Weatherby action for your new toy, Will Criterion be building you a barrel nut/Remage style setup for it?

Last edited by rickt300; 05/23/20.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rickety,

You Texans in fairness,DO suck a mean ass...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

The only Ratherbee actions worth a fhuqk,are the ones they source and wear (2) lugs,unless you count aged Sako "safety" lugs and make it (3). Hint.

I found it rather Texan,that despite the particulars cited,your Retardation forces you to query things plainly cited. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

Have never seen/heard of the fire control system you are mumbling about. Hint.

What'sa' 105?!? Hint.

Bless your heart for Trying sooooooooo hard.

Hint.

LAUGHING!....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
I have a Vanguard action as a matter of fact, why I asked if they would do a barrel nut set up for it. I have to ask why is it 2/3rds of your pictures have things with water on them? For instance the loaded rounds in that picture? Is there no place in Alaska that is not wet?

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Interesting they do.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I've got five Criterion barrels and every one of them is a fantastic shooter. Truth be told they shoot just as well as my Bartleins and Kriegers. They all reside on prairie dog rifles which demand a high degree of accuracy and they deliver it. I don't have any Wilsons so can't comment on them, but for my money I'd go Criterion. Between the three I've put on for a buddy and the five I have we haven't had one that didn't shoot great yet. I'm a big believer in them, they're the best value barrel out there in my opinion.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I generally go with the brand of barrels I see serious benchrest competitors using and go that way. They are using those brands for a reason. If I'm going to invest $300-400 to have a barrel installed, the savings of $100 or so on the barrel cost means little. The last several I have rebarreled got Kreiger barrels and I have not been disappointed.
Phil

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rickety,

Your FEAR of The Outdoors and sumptin' as simplistic as weather,undoubtedly jives nicely with your Couchbound Quarantine you call "life"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for trying.

Hint.

Crow',

Criterion is for real. Hint.................

NoX,

My "worst" Bart',exceeds my best Krieger...and I've prolly a "few" to extrapolate. Barrels are cheap,but not all things are equal. Hint.

It's been my experience that Criterions outshoot Kriegers too,which just might be high praise for John's influence upon the button side of that equation. Hint.

Though if only in fairness,I simply shoot 'em all. Hint....................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Criterion over Wilson, Bartlein over Criterion; Criterion & Rock, about a push if the Rock is buttoned, Rock cut over either.

MM

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I forget the dudes name,who lived on the Wrong Coast and pimped Wilson spouts through Shotgun News,back in The Day?!? I wanna say Brian something(I think) and I bought a pile of 'em over a spell. Always shot well,but never lived long. Hint.

There isn't too many barrels I've not had,but as "names" go...Krieger is easily the lowest on my list. Have had more than a few Shilens foul and am done there too. Lilja has been rather good,PN of course a FAVORITE and I'll be curious to try a Chris Spout after the rebuild. Anymore,it's just nice to call someone like Greg and have him ship what's on the shelf ready to roll,in the requisite RPM and listen to The Kali Kid compliment me on the choice and how much he LOVES to recontour same. Hint. LAUGHING!

I've gone through over a hunnert,by myself. Happiness is pulling old and installing new.

Hint....................(grin)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Stick,

Little different tack, but where do you put Harrison's AR barrels in the Criterion, WOA's Wilsons, etc., conversation for real performance with 70-77 grainers? What do you get for 5 & 10 shot groups from those?

MM

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If only as an opening constant,if it ain't S/S...dat's a step backwards and a sole lamentation. Hint.

What I've seen Harrison get REALLY right and I've yet to see anything "wrong",is that the chambers are straight,freebore well thunked and neck clearance nice,especially as 224/243 Grendel spouts go(though I've barely seen a dozen of 'em). I seldom shoot 3-shot groups,as I've faith in said platforms from muzzle to butt. I'm all about getting a prescribed zero,shooting come-ups and shooting them Real World. Paper Party Forays ain't my jam,because I could really give a fhuqk less about "performance" up close. If/when I do,small cluster or ragged holes are typical,but I'm gunning good components and that certainly has a bearing on the equation. Hint.

As boolits go,I shoot nothing "less" than 75 Max/ELD's as a "worst" case scenario and have several set up expressly for 88 ELD Smooches. In .243" boresizing,it's typically a 105 Hornie HPBT Show,because they flow so nicely and deform so little outta mags/into feedramps. I've 108'd more than a smidge,but the 105 is just a NASTY Easy Bitch to work with. Hint.

They are rather amazing,for Dastardly Deeds and I'm looking forward to Hornie's next unveiling,which follows suit. That being said,the .224" version horns me up most,as a kissing .585 BC ala 88,is plum fhuqking amazing in action. Hint.

I might could be awaiting a reamer in Kali,for turnbolt pursuits...................(grin)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks.............yeah, SS for pure accuracy, but the nitrided 4150 brings lots of longevity.

Been almost 100% on SS on good stuff, with a few nitrided tubes for bangin' schitt.

MM

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
S/S for pure weather,as it's best in all of this dust.(grin)

I'm a C/L Fan and have some exceptional ones,both in Krunchentickers and Turnbolts. Nitride is better than butt nekked...but what isn't. Hint......................

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
373 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 160user, 12344mag, 36 invisible), 2,291 guests, and 951 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,731
Posts18,400,884
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.