Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
On the up side: We are very blessed.
- My job is still there and I get my full pay and benefits. I make enough I can help othes that have needed it.
- My employer all but insisted I work from home because I am immune supressed and they have given my the choice of staying out for quite a while longer if I want to. My choice.
- None of my meds I need to live are made in "Chi Nuh"
- The wife and I get to spend a lot more time togeher. I don't have to commute, which gives me 1 1/2 hours of free time per day!
- With extra time I've rediscovered my love for archery. New string on the bow and the 40-yard range is opened up out back.
- My mom is older but not in a nursing home thank God, so no virus concerns there. Both my daughters still have jobs and paychecks.
- I still live in the greatest country in the world.
- Christ is still my savior.
- Trump is still my President.
- Pelosi, Schiff, Nadler, AOC, and now Biden are still jokes and the best the commies have.

On the down side: We are very blessed.
- My investments, net worth, or whatever are only down about $140,000. I'm still in the top 1% of the world.
- Both my daughters have had their paychecks reduced with one of them just barely making it. But I'm getting to see how tough, dedicated, and resilient they are. They listened to their old man, stayed out debt, and have a 6-month cash reserve to fall back on before they fall back on me. I'm so proud!

Last edited by Gun_Geezer; 05/22/20.
GB1

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

The commie virus has cost us all freedom. Politicians never let a crisis go to waste when it can be used to restrict our freedom

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I work in healthcare...The industry seems to have been hit first and then it moved into other industries.

They cut my pay 25%, did not provide a merit increase, deferred bonuses until 4th quarter which we'll never receive and the company stopped matching contributions on 401Ks. Business was down up to 90% at one time due to no elected procedures being performed.

What did I gain? The ability to work remote which for me meant I could work from my farm (2.5 hours from my home) I purchased a few years ago. I've only been able to spend weekends and some vacation there (never enough time to do what I wanted). That and I got to spend some time with family while everything slowed down. I'll probably never have the same opportunity again.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Now ask yourself what the dhimocrats' hate for America and the complicit co-conspirators in the media have cost your country.

Make no mistake it was Trump who shut the country down, all for a vote or money. He knew better but went ahead and threw some businesses under the bus for no reason. During the good times Trump deserved the praise, during the bad he deserves the criticism.

I guess it's easy in hindsight to leave out the effect the "expurtz" had on him, No? Since hindsight is always 20-20.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I dont know.

We have seen bad markets before.

More bad markets than good.

Probably be a severe nut kicking this year.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
On the up side: We are very blessed.
- My job is still there and I get my full pay and benefits. I make enough I can help othes that have needed it.
- My employer all but insisted I work from home because I am immune supressed and they have given my the choice of staying out for quite a while longer if I want to. My choice.
- None of my meds I need to live are made in "Chi Nuh"
- The wife and I get to spend a lot more time togeher. I don't have to commute, which gives me 1 1/2 hours of free time per day!
- With extra time I've rediscovered my love for archery. New string on the bow and the 40-yard range is opened up out back.
- My mom is older but not in a nursing home thank God, so no virus concerns there. Both my daughters still have jobs and paychecks.
- I still live in the greatest country in the world.
- Christ is still my savior.
- Trump is still my President.
- Pelosi, Schiff, Nadler, AOC, and now Biden are still jokes and the best the commies have.

On the down side: We are very blessed.
- My investments, net worth, or whatever are only down about $140,000. I'm still in the top 1% of the world.
- Both my daughters have had their paychecks reduced with one of them just barely making it. But I'm getting to see how tough, dedicated, and resilient they are. They listened to their old man, stayed out debt, and have a 6-month cash reserve to fall back on before they fall back on me. I'm so proud!

Gun_Geezer, your daughters sound like out-freaking-standing Americans. God Bless Them, and hope their travails end soon.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
KYHillChick trained for several years to become a massage therapist. When the Chinese Crud hit, she had to suspend her practice. She's now almost 62. They've lifted the ban kindof/sortof, but not enough for her to feel comfortable working. Meanwhile she's losing her conditioning. A massage therapist has the same requirements as an athlete. It's a very strenuous way to make a living. By the time she's ready to go back to work, her conditioning may be gone. She's filed for unemployment.

For me, the big thing was losing out on Turkey Season. I couldn't get over the bridge, and they suspended non-resident license sales. At work, I'm going to have to take a no-paid furlough for a week in June, but I'll be able to get unemployment for that.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
My sanity. My fitness.

I can still work and get paid.

Thinking along these lines plus 1k per week less take home. Was supposed to be my last year working but if things don't change quick I'll pull the plug come August.

Missing out on this years NM Elk hunt , was reluctant to spend the cash not knowing what the future brings.

Last edited by sidepass; 05/22/20.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I've already canceled two vacations with the family, a third might be down in the near future.

hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
We missed our Alaska vacation, forgot about that.

IC B3

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
It cost me my job, cost me many freedoms...and stole much happiness and joy in the past 3 months.

1st time in my life I’ve ever lived in fear.

GOD Bless America
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Retired and on a pension and SS. So cash flow is normal. On paper, my portfolio is down a lot, but I have not sold a thing and it’s come back a lot.
Moving and just sold my house at about 18% over asking price. Not sure virus had any say in that.
So net zero loss here.

NRA Patron
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Cost us an extended western US road trip planned for April and May. Not a big thing compared to many. We will probably buy a travel trailer so as not to be stuck again. Luckily we live where we can get into the desert or mountains w/ ease so no cabin fever.

Hopefully people are paying attention and will not allow the govt. as free a hand during the next occurrence which is inevitable.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
hardly any work the past months.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Quak
It cost me my job, cost me many freedoms...and stole much happiness and joy in the past 3 months.

1st time in my life I’ve ever lived in fear.

Sorry to hear this Quak. Sincerely hope things get turned around soon.

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hanco
How has the virus affected you??

The resulting stock market crash and dividend cuts and suspensions has cost me about 1/2 of my monthly income. I didn't sell anything, and have been able to start new and add to existing positions for pennies on the dollar, so I anticipate a full income recovery within the next two years. A Trump re-election, and a repub majority in both chambers would be really comforting.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
They switched our work schedule from 14 and 14 to 28 and 28. Wife has an extra 3 months off with pay. Where I live has seen little impact.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
They switched our work schedule from 14 and 14 to 28 and 28. Wife has an extra 3 months off with pay. Where I live has seen little impact.

It's beyond me how a company can afford to pay a worker and not receive anything benefits from the worker. My son in law works a week and takes a week off paid. We're a family owned business and there's no possible way that we can afford to operate along those lines. But my 93 year old dad refused to let us apply for any government handouts.

Life is good live it while you can.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
In April, I took two hours off work to take care of something during reduced retail operating hours. They phucqked me!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hanco
Some of us have been hit harder than others. Wifey and I are still getting paid. We are blessed, my kids are still able to work too.

The only cost to me is going to be a little retirement lost, cause we were working overtime out the ass. My retirement is based on my best three years, so it will cost me some.

How has the virus affected you??

I estimate that this farce will cost me all in total between $400,000 and $600,000 in cash and equity over the next 2 years. I’m not amused.

That doesn’t include unrealized market losses which could double that figure. Think I have an appetite for any Chinese food right now??🤮🤮🤮

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 49 invisible), 2,377 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,242
Posts18,466,827
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.